Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 714 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 630 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just started The Kite Runnerby Khaled Hosseini

Gunslinger Apprentice BedOfRoses will become famous soon enough BedOfRoses's Avatar

Just finished "Little Sisters of Eluria"
    The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.

bangoskank1

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    My wife won't stop talking about this one...I guess she liked it.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bangoskank1 View Post
    My wife won't stop talking about this one...I guess she liked it.
    Yep, BedOf Roses recommended it to me. I can already tell that I'll really like it. Just 30 pages in and I'm hooked on the characters.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I loved that book. I hope you like it Needful. I found it very moving.

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, I think I will obscurejude. It's already moving!!!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    one of my favorite Ayn Rand books. The Fountainhead though, that's the best.
    I've heard folk rave about that one and Anthem. I'll have to check them out after Atlas Shrugged.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

The Kite Runner was really great. I haven't read his second book, A Thousand Splendid Suns, but I've heard that it's also excellent.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Finished IT and am now reading From a Buick 8. Hope to finish that by the end of the month.

Along the Path of the Beam riknofx is on a distinguished road riknofx's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE= I'm currently with "Swam song", by Robert McCammon.[/QUOTE]

+1

and finishig Desperation.
    "Please be calm! Remember that these things exist on a different level of reality than the one your on now." -Doc#1/ Clotho:

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    one of my favorite Ayn Rand books. The Fountainhead though, that's the best.
    I've heard folk rave about that one and Anthem. I'll have to check them out after Atlas Shrugged.
    Anthem is Bleh. I bought it and was dissapointed, but it's one of her early books, I guess.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Currnetly reading Skeleton Crew. I have no idea what to read after I am finished

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

have you read Different Seasons?
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I just finished Differen Seasons 2 days ago. I am almost through Skeleton Crew. When I get the money, I want to order It and Insomnia. I have not read those 2 yet and don't have them in my collection.

My Mood
    Breezy

read IT first.

Country
    Country Flag

thanks Johnblaze, I will. I have wanted that book for awhile

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    Finished IT
    How'd you like it?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    Finished IT
    How'd you like it?
    I enjoyed it--I think he was experimenting with cosmic, mythological stuff even that early. It felt like more than just a horror novel, as a 1000-page-plus novel ought.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

I just finished the latest Thomas Covenant book.
    When's the next one coming out! It had better be SOON!

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Invisible Man

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Who said that?

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    The Invisible Man
    which one?

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Invisible Man
    which one?
    HG Wells

My Mood
    Angelic

The Invisible Man
    which one?
    HG Wells
    That's just what I hate, that you have to ask "which one" because there are two....

For me, though, it'll always be the Wells one....

My Mood
    Breezy

oh, i was thinking Ralph Ellison.

HG wells is good too. I haven't read it since 6th grade though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 714 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 180 230 630 ... LastLast