Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 437 of 714 FirstFirst ... 337 387 427 435 436 437 438 439 447 487 537 ... LastLast
Results 10,901 to 10,925 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

A Game of Thrones
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I really need to finish Drood. I enjoyed what I had read.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I'm not sure we can be friends anymore.
    To quote a famous movie, "We'll always have Children of the Corn."

I may have paraphrased a bit.
    You make a good point Bright Eyes. I guess I can try to forgive you.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    A Game of Thrones
    AWESOME!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Starting The Passage... now!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    A Game of Thrones
    Ahhh yeeeeeahhh!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Fantastic book! Can't wait for The Twelve!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Fantastic book! Can't wait for The Twelve!

Really good book!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, fantatic book.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Re-reading Dance with Dragons. Got bored waiting for Mr. Martin to finish his opus. So I am going to reread all 5 books in backward chronological order. Anything to pass the time until #6 becomes available. Now I know how all the Tower junkies felt wondering if the dagnabbit thing would ever get finished.
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished a reread of Cell and I think I'm going to start a reread of the DT series.

John

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Finished Skeletons in the Closet and started on The Reading Promise. If you love books, The Reading Promise is worth a look.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Reading Joe R Lansdale right now - finished the story "Incident On and Off a Mountain Road" last night. Although its a story he's well known for (and apparently was adopted for TV) I had never read it nor seen the TV version. LOVED IT. Highly recommended. The twist at the end was brilliant.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

China Mieville - Railsea

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Reading Joe R Lansdale right now - finished the story "Incident On and Off a Mountain Road" last night. Although its a story he's well known for (and apparently was adopted for TV) I had never read it nor seen the TV version. LOVED IT. Highly recommended. The twist at the end was brilliant.
    Yes, it's great. The tv version I believe was the first ep of Mick Garris' Masters Of Horror series.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I'm reading two great pieces of sword and sorcery:

Elric: To Rescue Tanelorn by Michael Moorcock; I'm on "The Singing Citadel."

The Hammer and the Blade by Paul S. Kemp; A priest to the momentary god, Egil, and his companion, Nix, make a living as tomb raiders; the story opens with them clearing out the tomb of a wizard king notorious for trafficking with demons and devils. Seems they've made an enemy from one of said demon's worshippers. Lots of snark between the duo. The prologue is essentially an action sequence, but Kemp manages to do some worldbuilding through the brief descriptions of the tomb, including its murals, artifacts etc. without sidetracking from their mission.

For next tomorrow evening and Saturday morning's long car rider, I've got The Rage of the Dragon by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. For my week at the beach, I've got Gardens of the Moon and The Deadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson. The sample chapter of Gardens included a witch, a couple of necromancers and some shadow hounds--a great hook for a reader like myself, in other words.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

The Elric stories are awesome. I keep meaning to go back and read them again, but haven't ever gotten around to it.

I am now reading The Heroes by Joe Abercrombie. This is the fifth book in a row of his that I have read, starting with The Blade Itself. I think that people who are into A Song of Ice and Fire would probably enjoy them. There is a trilogy and two standalone books, plus I read somewhere that he has a deal to write four more. There's that same sort of sense about them of not being certain who the good guys are supposed to be that I think permeates ASOIaF.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was flying out for a little vacation, but my flight got delayed for four hours. Worse, the book I'd taken along was in my checked baggage. So I picked up The Strain at the airport bookstore, a new hardcover remainder for 8 bucks. Read about 120 pages so far, really good. The back mentions Stephen King and Michael Crichton, but it's definitely mostly the latter. Which is good.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just started reading this. It's the author's debut novel but I've heard some very, very good things. Really looking forward to getting into the meat of the story.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I was flying out for a little vacation, but my flight got delayed for four hours. Worse, the book I'd taken along was in my checked baggage. So I picked up The Strain at the airport bookstore, a new hardcover remainder for 8 bucks. Read about 120 pages so far, really good. The back mentions Stephen King and Michael Crichton, but it's definitely mostly the latter. Which is good.
    I've got about 50 pages left of The Strain. It's still good. Can't wait to read The Fall.

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Only 175 pages left to go in A Dance With Dragons, f*cking loving it!
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    Affirmative Action Around The World: An Empirical Study, by Thomas Sowell
    Everything I've read by Sowell is very good.
    I'm with you there.

Country
    Country Flag

I finished The Strain. Read Willa (Stephen King short story), and started The Fall tonight.

The Strain was really good. I think I posted about it in here shortly after it came out and no one said much. I am glad to see it getting a lot of love these days. I didn't like the third book as much as the other two though.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

We def. talked about it. Also randomly across the forum too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 437 of 714 FirstFirst ... 337 387 427 435 436 437 438 439 447 487 537 ... LastLast