Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 678 of 713 FirstFirst ... 178 578 628 668 676 677 678 679 680 688 ... LastLast
Results 16,926 to 16,950 of 17825

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Steve Rasnic Tem - Everything Is Fine Now

https://www.amazon.com/Everything-Fi.../dp/B07L9JMSQY

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does TDT.org have an extreme horror expert?
    Maybe what was referred to "splatter punk" in the oldie times.
    I have never read any but curious about titles like Off Season, Cows, Survivor, Header.

Are Ketchum, Keene, and Lansdale considered part of this genre?

Thx

seeking: anything DT#246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I'm currently reading/listening to Natchez Burning, by Greg Iles. It's part of his Penn Cage series of novels, about a Southern lawyer-turned-novelist-turned-amateur detective, of sorts. This is the fourth in the series, the longest so far, and is the first volume of a trilogy-within-a-series.

It's a pretty easy read, but is a bit on the draggy side. Lots of flashbacks from "present day" to the 80s and 60s in Mississippi, Louisiana and (briefly) Texas, and is pretty fascinating. Lots of commentary about race relations, but it doesn't do so gratuitously - it always relates to the central plot - and it never gets preachy. I will likely read the next two books later this year after a palate-cleaner of something else.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I'm currently reading/listening to Natchez Burning, by Greg Iles. It's part of his Penn Cage series of novels, about a Southern lawyer-turned-novelist-turned-amateur detective, of sorts. This is the fourth in the series, the longest so far, and is the first volume of a trilogy-within-a-series.

It's a pretty easy read, but is a bit on the draggy side. Lots of flashbacks from "present day" to the 80s and 60s in Mississippi, Louisiana and (briefly) Texas, and is pretty fascinating. Lots of commentary about race relations, but it doesn't do so gratuitously - it always relates to the central plot - and it never gets preachy. I will likely read the next two books later this year after a palate-cleaner of something else.

HBJ
    I like Greg Iles a lot. Having grown up in Mississippi, it really hits home with me. The Quiet Game is an excellent read also, Peter if you haven't gotten to that one yet.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I picked up a couple of Norman Prentiss collections when they were free on Amazon. I'm reading the first of them:
    https://www.amazon.com/Stories-other...man+pre&sr=8-1

It's pretty good.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Steve Rasnic Tem - Everything Is Fine Now

https://www.amazon.com/Everything-Fi.../dp/B07L9JMSQY
    This was fantastic. Most of the stories aren't quite as dense and moody as his previous works but I don't think the reviews saying this is YA are correct either. If you haven't read any Tem (where the F have you been all this time?), this could be a gateway to an immense body of his work.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Does TDT.org have an extreme horror expert?
    Maybe what was referred to "splatter punk" in the oldie times.
    I have never read any but curious about titles like Off Season, Cows, Survivor, Header.

Are Ketchum, Keene, and Lansdale considered part of this genre?

Thx

seeking: anything DT#246
    This is a good start:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJStories-T...sAAOSwzZFeC623

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

It's a pretty easy read, but is a bit on the draggy side. Lots of flashbacks from "present day" to the 80s and 60s in Mississippi, Louisiana and (briefly) Texas, and is pretty fascinating. Lots of commentary about race relations, but it doesn't do so gratuitously - it always relates to the central plot - and it never gets preachy. I will likely read the next two books later this year after a palate-cleanser of something else.

HBJ
    I like Greg Iles a lot. Having grown up in Mississippi, it really hits home with me. The Quiet Game is an excellent read also, Peter if you haven't gotten to that one yet.
    Brian, I have read that one - it's the first one in the series. I should have mentioned I've been slowly making my way through them, in order, over the past couple of years. They are solid reads - and good to hear that a Mississippi native thinks so as well! Natchez Burning has picked up the pace. Will definitely be reading the next two (The Bone Tree, and Mississippi Blood) later this year.

I'll then tackle some of his non-Penn Cage novels, to see how they fare.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

It's a pretty easy read, but is a bit on the draggy side. Lots of flashbacks from "present day" to the 80s and 60s in Mississippi, Louisiana and (briefly) Texas, and is pretty fascinating. Lots of commentary about race relations, but it doesn't do so gratuitously - it always relates to the central plot - and it never gets preachy. I will likely read the next two books later this year after a palate-cleanser of something else.

HBJ
    Brian, I have read that one - it's the first one in the series. I should have mentioned I've been slowly making my way through them, in order, over the past couple of years. They are solid reads - and good to hear that a Mississippi native thinks so as well! Natchez Burning has picked up the pace. Will definitely be reading the next two (The Bone Tree, and Mississippi Blood) later this year.

I'll then tackle some of his non-Penn Cage novels, to see how they fare.

HBJ
    I believe Cage also makes a few appearances in this earlier novels. Although the novels aren't centered around him.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

PKD - Valis

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently rereading Different Seasons. I guess it's been 30+ years since I last read it so it almost counts as a new read.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I just started BROTHER.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did you enjoy SISTER?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I liked THE SISTERS BROTHERS, but that's a movie. So far, BROTHER is interesting.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just finished Voices in the Snow by Darcy Coates. The first book in her Black Winter series. I really enjoyed it. It went in a direction that I wasn't initially expecting, but I am excited to read the rest. I just have to wait a few months now for the next one to come out.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

T.E.D. Klein - The Ceremonies. I actually had to make finishing this book a New Year's resolution. There's just so much detail in every. single. thing. everyone does. Buddy just showered for a page and a half in font size -2. I should've just read the original novella.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone read "Th Way of Kings"?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I read the first two books and gave up. I got tired of how cliched and predictable they were. It's what sold millions of books for him, he's like a James Patterson of fantasy.

I like his shorter works a lot more because he takes more chances and it actually feels like he wanted to write them.

Long story short, take ASoFaI and dumb it waaaay down. And it's still worse than that.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I liked THE SISTERS BROTHERS, but that's a movie. So far, BROTHER is interesting.
    ‘Twas also a book. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sisters_Brothers

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had no idea this beauty was even a thing and now I'm rushing to Amazon to order it! Nausicaa is my favorite Miyazaki film but I didn't know he also wrote the source material, I always assumed it was an original, which I guess it still is. But the movie officially being in our 1980s movie tournament made me go back and revisit Nausicaa, and now I cannot wait to delve into this stunning boxed set:

Country
    Country Flag

I have it and it's a beaut. I say go for it.

There's also this:
    https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Viz...D-HC/FEB192182

I don't have it but I shall one day.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Had a gift card balance and ordered it! Cannot wait! There is also this, too:

Country
    Country Flag

If only money grew on trees. (I'd still have to wait until Spring, d'oh!). I'll probably get that too but I'm slowly working on completing the Junji Ito collection and the Berserk deluxe hardcovers. Plus Druilett, plus Jodorowsky always has something new (or a more superior edition of an older work) coming out. These Grant Morrison Batman omnibus editions are killing me too etc etc etc

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished A Head Full Of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay. Good stuff. My second book by him and he is an easy read. Fast paced and keeps you interested in the characters he creates. Great endings. Looking forward to the movie of this. Started a reread of On Writing. A short way into it and I remember why it is one of my favorites by SK. After it I will be reading a third Tremblay book.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Which one's going to be your third Tremblay book?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 678 of 713 FirstFirst ... 178 578 628 668 676 677 678 679 680 688 ... LastLast