Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 661 of 713 FirstFirst ... 161 561 611 651 659 660 661 662 663 671 711 ... LastLast
Results 16,501 to 16,525 of 17824

Thread: What are you currently reading?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heather:
    Yes. I remember we had a very big King event here some (ten?) years ago, voting all kinds of thiings, an among them was
    Spoiler:
    the best death of a character. I frantically voted The Dead Zone every time it advanced under this category. It was the best.

That is why I think I disagree with St.Troy. The message is, very much like in The Stand, that
    Spoiler:
    the good guys win even if they die, sometimes paradoxically.
    It is very Christian, by the way - if I do not hurt anyone's atheist feelings, that is

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Btw St Troy, this morning there was a news flash here that there have already been 3 cases of rabies in my county in 2019

I’m not sure how, but either you or your cujo post is responsible for this. I know it.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Still chugging along (a bit past halfway) through Straub's Ghost Story. Thoroughly enjoying this read. It's not the most action-packed novel, true, but it doesn't matter; it's like a master class in subtle, layered dread.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For those of you that read the Snowman....

Spoiler:
    Is the Mould guy... the next killer and I need to read the next book to learn more?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

So I just finished The Strain a few nights ago and must say that I absolutely fucking loved it. Has anyone else around here already read it?
    I know I saw a negative opinion of it on here recently, so let me me rephrase my question: Has anyone else read it and liked it?

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    So I just finished The Strain a few nights ago and must say that I absolutely fucking loved it. Has anyone else around here already read it?
    I know I saw a negative opinion of it on here recently, so let me me rephrase my question: Has anyone else read it and liked it?
    Ha I think that was me. I really didn't enjoy his writing style. It felt choppy to me. That and I had seen the show so I knew what what was coming all theology book 1. Book 2 was meh and book 3 I gave up

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Ha I think that was me. I really didn't enjoy his writing style. It felt choppy to me. That and I had seen the show so I knew what what was coming all theology book 1. Book 2 was meh and book 3 I gave up

Was it you?
    And it's funny because I love his writing style. The only reason I even read The Strain was because I loved his writing in The Shape of Water.
    But, you know, if I had seen either of these before reading the books, I may have felt a lot different. Who knows.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Kealan Patrick Burke - Nemesis

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Was it you?
    And it's funny because I love his writing style. The only reason I even read The Strain was because I loved his writing in The Shape of Water.
    But, you know, if I had seen either of these before reading the books, I may have felt a lot different. Who knows.
    I felt be broke dialog too much with he said she said. There is a good way to say who said what but I felt like he always said it in the middle of a sentence.

That said I hope you enjoy the other 2. If you are looking for the limited edition of them let me know, I have at least #2 maybe #3 when it comes out that I would let go for super cheap

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think that choppy, fast dialogue was mostly Hogan trying to keep the action going at a quick pace. His thriller books are pretty similar. Del Toro's style is a lot slower and richer. The Shape of Water and The Strain don't even read like they were written by the same person.

That said, I liked The Strain more. Sometimes story > style.

That said I hope you enjoy the other 2. If you are looking for the limited edition of them let me know, I have at least #2 maybe #3 when it comes out that I would let go for super cheap

Nice. I'll keep that in mind if I end up liking them a lot. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I think that choppy, fast dialogue was mostly Hogan trying to keep the action going at a quick pace. His thriller books are pretty similar. Del Toro's style is a lot slower and richer. The Shape of Water and The Strain don't even read like they were written by the same person.

That said, I liked The Strain more. Sometimes story > style.
    I think that if done right, the fragmented/choppy style just isn't that prominent because you're so invested in the scene itself. I really didn't even pick up on the choppiness you guys are both mentioning, but I guess it was there all along. haha

I looked up some other Hogan books to see if there were any that sounded good. I was kind of interested in The Blood Artists. Are there any of his books you'd recommend more than his others?

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, I probably should've been clearer. I didn't pick up on it either, I was absorbed into the story. I dug The Town and Devils In Exile.

You know, the strange thing is that Hogan's style is so similar to Koontz that the next book I read was Koontz. And by that I mean the good Koontz when he's on fire and there's no dogs and cutesy dialogue.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished NOS4A2 from Joe Hill. Really enjoyed it, but I think I still prefer Horns. Can't wait for the tv show now regardless

Traveler Sharo is a jewel in the rough Sharo is a jewel in the rough Sharo is a jewel in the rough

I just finished The Sell by Fredrik Eklund- I read it as a library e-book, but I actually really like it enough to be seriously considering getting a hardcover copy so I can like, highlight things and take notes on the reread.

Started Macaque Attack by Gareth Powell. I've been putting off reading this book for some time because it's the last one in the Ack Ack trilogy and I wanted to save it. Damn, these books are so fun.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gonna start The Strain next. Seems that people are liking it for most part...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Cool! I'm anxious to hear your thoughts on it.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Moving quite nicely through Wolves of the Calla. I am liking this one a lot.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished 48 Hours by William Forstchen. Kick ass book, very scary and too real.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Wolves of the Calla is one of my favorite SK books ever. Great take on The Magnificent Seven.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
    Just finished 48 Hours by William Forstchen. Kick ass book, very scary and too real.
    I quite liked his One Second After (but have yet to finish that series).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I have read all 3 books of "The Strain trilogy" and I really enjoyed them. Hope you will too.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just started Snowing Crash by Stephenson. Chapter 1 was quite peculiar to say the least

Country
    Country Flag

LOVE THE FIRST 70 pages... hope it stays this good!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BigJoeHillfan View Post
    I have read all 3 books of "The Strain trilogy" and I really enjoyed them. Hope you will too.
    LOVING it so far...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 661 of 713 FirstFirst ... 161 561 611 651 659 660 661 662 663 671 711 ... LastLast