Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 587 of 714 FirstFirst ... 87 487 537 577 585 586 587 588 589 597 637 687 ... LastLast
Results 14,651 to 14,675 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm about half way through the revised The Gunslinger.

Brilliant minds and all that.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

How do you like the revised version?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

I like it. I think I'm glad to have read the original first though. Having read the series already the revised version makes sense though.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I just received my copies of The Fifth Heart and Replay. Choices, choices....

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Replay. No brainer.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Replay. No brainer.
    Strongly agree!

John

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

I like it. I think I'm glad to have read the original first though. Having read the series already the revised version makes sense though.
    I agree. I'm also glad that I read the original first, but the revised definitely ties in with the series in a different way. I'll admit that I found the amount of foreshadowing to be a bit overwhelming though.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

The DT speech doesn't bother me so much, but I really don't look forward to the "Detta-talk".

To be honest, I'll probably speed through this re-read so I can hurry up and get to Wastelands. [rubs hands together]
    I really do not care for her as a character much. I finished Book 6 not too long ago and it was almost too overwhelming to me with her. I am now taking a break before I pick up book 7...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You haven't finished the series yet, jsm?

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I've made it my goal this year to read a little bit each day even if it's just a few pages before my eyes slam shut. So far, so good .
    That's the way to do it!

I have a moderate goal set of 50 pages a day, and alternate books going at the same time, although 11.22.63 is certainly commandeering most of my attention at the moment!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

started Summer of Night - Dan Simmons yesterday
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

50 pages a day is a good haul. My reading has slowed down considerably going into my 30's, but I try to at LEAST get 25 pages in a day.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    started Summer of Night - Dan Simmons yesterday
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Nope lol this is my first read through. I tried to start it in college but I read the revised gunslinger and didn't like it at all. The I picked it up again at my old apartment and started moving right as I finished the Gunslinger. Picked it up again about last Nov. and finally finished book 6, 2 or 3 weeks ago. I think I am going to read one more book after ETOD before I read book 7

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Nope lol this is my first read through. I tried to start it in college but I read the revised gunslinger and didn't like it at all. The I picked it up again at my old apartment and started moving right as I finished the Gunslinger. Picked it up again about last Nov. and finally finished book 6, 2 or 3 weeks ago. I think I am going to read one more book after ETOD before I read book 7
    congrats on the long haul, bro. I am also an unfinished reader. I vow to complete this calendar year
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

I agree. I'm also glad that I read the original first, but the revised definitely ties in with the series in a different way. I'll admit that I found the amount of foreshadowing to be a bit overwhelming though.
    Yeah, there is that.

I would like to see a side by side comparison. If I could get both versions in digital form I might collate them myself.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Drawing of the three is my favorite book in the DT series. i love the Honk Mofo's it's funny as hell or as i like to call them the honk mafha's. i dunno why i just do. i can't remember if that's in the series or not as it's been awhile since i last read a DT book. so i can't remember if that's where i got it from or not is what i am trying to say. anyways i'm further into my book i'm on page #110 now

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Thanks for posting those two books. I love books about books. Will take a look at those. If you haven't read it yet, you should add A Gentle Madness by Nicholas A. Basbanes to your list.
    Ah, Basbanes and Sanders, two of my favorite bibliophiles. I always get excited when I see Ken Sanders (and Ken Gloss) on Antiques Roadshow.

Another great "book about books" is Book Row: An Anecdotal and Pictorial History of the Antiquarian Book Trade (2003), a wonderful look at NYC's famous Book Row circa 1890's to 1960's. What a unique, special time and place for book lovers.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    I am a fantasy fiction fan. Weaveworld is awesome.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

+1 on Weaveworld

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Its the best by Barker, in my humble opinion.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading "Inferno" by Dan Brown
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am a fantasy fiction fan. Weaveworld is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    +1 on Weaveworld
    Its the best by Barker, in my humble opinion.
    As a King fan, I wanted to get into Barker but I just couldn't. I don't recall the order but I did read Weaveworld, The Great and Secret Show, The Damnation Game, Cabal, and a couple of the Books of Blood collections, so I gave it a good go. Barker just seems so...random...I guess. Out of the above, The Damnation Game had the tightest plot, but the others just struck me as "making it up as you go" with no real cohesiveness. It might be that my issue is with fantasy as a genre (which I do not care for). Too much "and then magic happened out of nowhere."

An ex-girlfriend swore that Imagica was the best book ever but I have not tested that theory.

I also never could get into Straub.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished Black House last night. Now on to Little Things by John R. Little and The Journey Begins Dark Tower comics.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 587 of 714 FirstFirst ... 87 487 537 577 585 586 587 588 589 597 637 687 ... LastLast