Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 171 of 714 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 221 271 671 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Then He Ate My Boy Entrancers by Louise Rennison and am now reading Startled By His Furry Shorts by the same author.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BedOfRoses View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Heath View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BedOfRoses View Post
    I just finished Fight Club...wow, what an interesting read. I loved the pace of the book and recommend it to all (guys and gals!).
    You should try some of his other books if you have not. I would suggest Lullaby next.
    Thanks, AH! I plan to read more of his books, and I'll definitely look for Lullaby. We own Snuff so might try that one next.
    only don't read a lot by him in a row, he starts getting so annoying... something has to be inserted in between

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I have just finished Odd Thomas (at last) and I could go back to another book I had started before but couldn't finish. It's Senor Kon-Tiki and it's about Thor Heyerdahl's adventurous life.

Roland would have understood.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i'm listening to the Gunslinger... didn't realize i had the first three books on my computer.

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Citizen of Gilead Ka-tet is on a distinguished road Ka-tet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just bought the third book of the Inderitance Serise, Brisigr. Loving it so far!
    If you love me, then love me-Susan of mejis
    See the turtle, aint he keen? All things serve the fucking beam-Eddie of NewYork
    You burn prettily-Corwin of Amber

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I just started "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo".

To be honest, I'm having a hard time getting into it.

Anyone else read it?

According to the cover - it's an INTERNATIONAL SENSATION !

Edited to Add : Looks like Bev Vincent read it back in Feb... any comment?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice Harrald is on a distinguished road Harrald's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished the Myron Bolitar series by Harlan Cobin then a quick re-read of Fahrenheit 451 and now in the middle of the last in the series of Dave Robicheaux books by James Lee Burke. Next up is Hart's Hope by Orson Scott Card. After that I need to find a new author.
    Insert witty comment here.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm finally reading Nightmares and Dreamscapes. I read Dolan's Cadillac last night and enjoyed it. When I was younger I wasn't too keen on reading short stories by King, I tend to like them now though. so far to the collection.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Cool Monte.

I've always been a big fan of the short story collections, and I think that's a really good one.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm usually a sucker for long, drawn out stories/novels.
    Now that I'm older I enjoy the quick reads. I think I will open up 20th Century Ghosts after this one.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i think i love all the short story compilations.. i really liked N&D... i just got a nice new free copy of Everything's Eventual... it can replace the one Keylo decided to used as a dog toy

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Startled by His Furry Shorts by Louise Rennison and am now reading Love is a Many Trousered Thing by the same author.

After this one I plan a reread of Eyes of the Dragon.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

finished Heart-Shaped Box by Hill, now reading Fight Club by Palahniuk. Both fell rather short of expectations.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's too bad. I really liked Heart-Shaped Box. Haven't read Fight Club yet but I really liked Haunted, so it's definitely on my list.

Country
    Country Flag

Everybody seemed to like HSBox, and I can't imagine why. I hope to go on with this discussion in Joe Hill thread later. (Palahniuk thread, too)

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked it a lot. I think the ending could have been better, but overall I did like the story.

Palahniuk just appeals to my gross-out factor. About 2/3 of the way through Haunted, I could not eat while reading the book. And I do not get grossed out easily.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Currently reading The Shining (for the second time).

Brushing up for an essay I want to write comparing and contrasting the book with the Kubrick film.

Gunslinger Apprentice TLC is on a distinguished road TLC's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Duma Key finally! im excited!

Country
    Country Flag

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

just finished listening to the langoliers read by willem defoe. oh my fucking god how fucking annoying can someone get. was dinah or whatever her name was really that simpering, sniveling brat in the short story? and the voice he chose for bethany made me want to tear my hair out.

i really like willem defoe but for gan's sake that was a fucking horrible reading.

listening to the woods by harlan coben now. and just got a nice big package from b&n (ball and the cross, the living dead, tethered) to add to my ever growing list of books to read.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

maybe you should make a "what are you listening to, audiobook" thread!
    I just finished Eyes of the dragon, then Firestarter. It wasn't bad. I kinda liked it! Now i'm starting Desperation, then the Regulators, then I'll take another shot at finishing Misery, then I am America (and so can you!). Then rose Madder, and maybe try to get my hands o nthe Last Eragon book, cuz like Harry Potter, i'm curious of how it ends.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

i keep forgetting there is an audiobook thread. but i count listening to audiobooks as reading. don't you? are you kicking me out of this thread just because i can't concentrate on a book right now razzle dazzle?

okay, i'm off because razzle dazzle says i have to make a new thread. . . .

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

personally, listening doesn't seem the same as reading, though LT's theory of pets was pretty damn good. But if you think it's the same, it must be so.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    personally, listening doesn't seem the same as listening,
    I think you might have wanted to read that for clarity before you posted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 171 of 714 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 221 271 671 ... LastLast