Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 591 of 714 FirstFirst ... 91 491 541 581 589 590 591 592 593 601 641 691 ... LastLast
Results 14,751 to 14,775 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I don't even remember the ending of Cell. How did it end again?
    Me either....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I don't even remember the ending of Cell. How did it end again?
    Me either....
    It's ending reminded me of the ending to The Mist.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Ha! Can't remember the ending of The Mist either!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah me too. W&G was my 2nd favorite. Drawing of the Three my favorite. But I loved W&G for the same sappy reasons.
    DOTT was damn fine also.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Drawing of the three is my favorite DT novel. not only because it was i think one of the 1st King books i read i think the 1st one i read was The Dark Tower:The Gunsligher' that's how i have always typed it anyways. and the 2nd one i think was DOTT.

so it hold some great memories for me. though oddly i've never read eyes of the dragon. i do own that on hardback and the original 1st Printing paperback i picked up at flea market years ago.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    . though oddly i've never read eyes of the dragon. i do own that on hardback and the original 1st Printing paperback i picked up at flea market years ago.

You should read it one day. It's awesome.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

oh i plan to at some point i just have no idea when though. my hardback actually is one my uncle gave to my brother and it's the 1st edition too! which i think is rare with the dragon scale cover. i can't remember if he ended up getting another copy or not but i'm grateful he gave it to me.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I agree. I loved Under the Dome, just minus the ending. But I'm used to that with King.
    quite

I can't now remember if we ever included the "ending" category when we voted on King books. I wonder which would win; UtD must be at the very bottom, anyway.

Though I (who loved UtD) accepted the ending as it was: I can't help feeling that Sai King sees inside him more than he can tell, and sometimes just wriggles out of his own visions by way of providing a digestible palliative.
    Under The Dome was good but a total missed opportunitity. He could have explored so much more than he did by choosing to go plot heavy. What's funny is I think Cook and the meth lab stuff was the best part but it also was what held it back from being truly great. Instead of synecdoche of mankind tear itself apart through months of isolation and cabin fever, starvation, pollution, we got small town organised crime, which just didn't do it for me. And that ending...goddamn why did he have to explain anything? Leave the mystery of the dome as a mystery bro?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quit reading my first book ever. Just could not finish Illium and I had to stop...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

George Beahm - The Stephen King Companion

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i'm now on Chapter 10 of The Bone Collector. and i missed your Reply Dan on asking about the film. i was reading reviews about the book on book bub, and there were actually a lot of people saying who loved the book the film is quite close to the book. they only made a couple changes, for example the last name of Ameila's last name sorry about my shitty spelling lol. and his aide in the film is played by Queen Latifah. and some names were changed in short. i am not sure what else was changed but small things from what i've read. stuff that really is no big deal given the reviews people said that enjoyed both the book and the film. in the book his aide is Thom and i forget his aides in the film.

but the thing when films are made based off books i think people forget that there are some films that are better than the book like i've said the godfather in my well book lol is not as good as the film. Carrie the original film i think is far far better than the actual book for another example. Christine is a great film and it's a great book too in my opinion so it can happen. i say give it a shot you may like it, also have you read the sequels ? there's i think 12 in all in the series. The Coffin Dancer is the 2nd one and that's already on my kindle for me to read in case i want to read that sucker next!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FennyBate View Post
    Finished 'The Passage', which was fantastic. Would like to jump straight into 'The Twelve', but some shorter fiction in between is in order, I think. So, back to '20th Century Ghosts', by Joe Hill. The last story I read in it was 'Abraham's Boys', and it was excellent.

Honestly, I can't remember looking forward to two upcoming books so much - Joe Hill's 'The Fireman' and Cronin's 'City of Mirrors'.
    Lincoln.
    The Twelve has a different tempo than The Passage. Taking a break between the two actually makes some sense.
    I'm looking forward to this trilogy. I can never start series until all the books are published, or I just forget the characters, plot, and get out of the "mode" of the book. So I've got the third on order and am about to start the ride.

I'm currently reading Book 2 of the Southern Reach Trilogy and enjoying it a lot. Was a reco by SK on Twitter

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reading 'Slade House', by David Mitchell. A haunted house story, with a similiar structure to the Charles L Grant linked novella collections. Very well written, very stylish. Wouldn't call it 'scary', but definitely 'creepy', and very, very entertaining.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Reading 'Slade House', by David Mitchell. A haunted house story, with a similiar structure to the Charles L Grant linked novella collections. Very well written, very stylish. Wouldn't call it 'scary', but definitely 'creepy', and very, very entertaining.
    I've read The Bone Clocks by Mitchell and liked it a lot. I'm excited to read more. I bought signed copies of both Slade House and The Bone Clocks when Barnes & Noble had their signed books sales in the past few years.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I've read The Bone Clocks by Mitchell and liked it a lot. I'm excited to read more. I bought signed copies of both Slade House and The Bone Clocks when Barnes & Noble had their signed books sales in the past few years.
    I have the UK signed/limited of 'Slade House', which is a very nice book, in a very nice slipcase. Based on how much I've enjoyed it so far, I'm definitely interested in 'The Bone Clocks'. Apparently the stories are linked, but not sure how closely.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I have the UK signed/limited of 'Slade House', which is a very nice book, in a very nice slipcase. Based on how much I've enjoyed it so far, I'm definitely interested in 'The Bone Clocks'. Apparently the stories are linked, but not sure how closely.
    I believe most of his work is interconnected but also by the nature of the stories he tells with time travel and so forth it doesn't matter which book you start with or what order they are read.

Country
    Country Flag

...Aaaaaaand I couldn't help myself - just ordered the slipcased UK signed/limited of 'The Bone Clocks'.

...Aaaaaaand I couldn't help myself - just ordered the slipcased UK signed/limited of 'The Bone Clocks'.
    Ha!

Country
    Country Flag

I tend to do that, when I discover a new-to-me author that I really like.

Just on 'Slade House' again, it reminds me a lot of 'House of Leaves' - not in the crazy structure or anything, but how it really does feel like a fresh take on the haunted house story, which is one of my favourite tropes.

I tend to do that, when I discover a new-to-me author that I really like.

Just on 'Slade House' again, it reminds me a lot of 'House of Leaves' - not in the crazy structure or anything, but how it really does feel like a fresh take on the haunted house story, which is one of my favourite tropes.

I need to read House of Leaves, it's been sitting on my shelf long enough. The last haunted house book I read I think was The House Next Door by Anne Rivers Siddons and enjoyed it a great deal.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah, 'The House Next Door' is one of my absolute favourites - definitely top 5, for me. Brought to my attention by SK in 'Danse Macabre', of course!

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Out on the Cutting Edge by Lawrence Block. Late 80's Matthew Scudder. Really digging it so far.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

how of leaves hmm. isn't that book that was like a thousand pages or so a big fucker of a book about 16 years ago. where is Sister is the Artist POE that i saw on Rock hall in i think (2001) it was filmed for MTV some show they had back than. good concert too and if memory serves me right she was touring with her brother but i don't remember seeing him there that nite. anyways i'm really as i've said a few times he he loving the bone collector. i'm on chapter 16 now i read 5 chapters 2 nite and i hadn't read anything since i think early Monday Morning! anyways a character named Dellray or however the hell is spelled is an FBI agent apparently is introduced and i guess it's a character that is left out of the film. he wants the case and

honestly i can't really see why so he takes it from Rhyme and company for reasons i have no clue just yet. so far it's not a big deal to me if he's left out of the film.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be starting this tonight:

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 591 of 714 FirstFirst ... 91 491 541 581 589 590 591 592 593 601 641 691 ... LastLast