Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 564 of 714 FirstFirst ... 64 464 514 554 562 563 564 565 566 574 614 664 ... LastLast
Results 14,076 to 14,100 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goheat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm gonna do it - I'm gonna take the plunge into Summer of Night tonight. [rubs hands together]
    DO IT!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Do it, yes.
    I'm gonna! I'm gonna do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I'm gonna do it - I'm gonna take the plunge into Summer of Night tonight. [rubs hands together]
    Finally!!!

I sure hope you fair better with this one than the Long Walk. I don't think I'll be able to handle you hating another one of my favorite books.
    I imagine you refuse to speak to me ever again.

You know what? Even if I hate it, I'm not gonna tell you cause I like you too much to disappoint you further.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, I just started Hyperion yesterday. We'll be reading the same author.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Oh yeah! That was the second on my list of Dan Simmons' books. You can let me know how it is.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    The Troop by Nick Cutter. Over halfway through, not real interesting.
    I have this. Reading after Fourth of July Creek and Animal Farm.

Did you finish House of Leaves? If so, would you recommend it?
    Almost done. About 200 pages left. It was too big to fit into my waterproof container so I read Animal Farm out in the canoe today.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amanda, did you finish The Tommyknockers?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    No!
    But, I left the bookmark in the spot where I left off in case hell freezes over one day and I decide to finally finish it.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just started a reread of Salem's Lot. It's been quite a while since I read it.

John

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No!
    But, I left the bookmark in the spot where I left off in case hell freezes over one day and I decide to finally finish it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    About 60% done with Hyperion, and am continually amazed by Simmons.
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

I started Summer of Night last night and am enjoying it so far. I like the writing style and flow of the story.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I started Summer of Night last night and am enjoying it so far. I like the writing style and flow of the story.
    LOVE'IN THIS!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

No!
    I did this with The Dark Half. Picked it up about five years later....only made it another 40 pages. What a shitty book.

No!
    I did this with The Dark Half. Picked it up about five years later....only made it another 40 pages. What a shitty book.
    I haven't read The Dark Half in years. I enjoyed it at the time, BUT I tried to re-read another book recently that I remembered loving and thought: "Jeez, this book is worse than I remember." I think that made me decide to never tempt fate by re-reading a book I couldn't clearly remember.

So, hell, maybe The Dark Half was awful. I'm not gonna try to find out. I'd rather leave things as they are.

Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Half is one of my favorites.

But you guys brought up a reason I rarely re-read books I love: I'm always afraid I won't like them as much a second time and end up wondering what I loved so much about them the first time.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

But you guys brought up a reason I rarely re-read books I love: I'm always afraid I won't like them as much a second time and end up wondering what I loved so much about them the first time.
    I agree with this. I also rarely re-read books. Maybe only those that were exceptional and there's no way to ever not like it no matter how many times you re-read it.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm only about 30 pages into Hyperion, but I can already feel the tremors of Simmons' impressive imagination. I'm slowly getting absorbed into the story. His style reminds a lot of Clive Barker.

Let's trade when we're finished

The Dark Half was always one of my favorites, too.
    But, it's been years since I read it, so I'm scared to revisit it.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

I agree with this. I also rarely re-read books. Maybe only those that were exceptional and there's no way to ever not like it no matter how many times you re-read it.
    Yes. There are only a select few books I enjoy re-reading- books I rely on when I'm not sure what to read next and I just want something fun and familiar to fall into.

I'm only about 30 pages into Hyperion, but I can already feel the tremors of Simmons' impressive imagination. I'm slowly getting absorbed into the story. His style reminds a lot of Clive Barker.

Let's trade when we're finished

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Ive reread quite a few books...The Dark Tower series, The Stand, Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, Candide, The thief of Always, Catcher in The rye, Animal Farm (reading for the third time now), Notes From Underground. I've got tons left to reread too...East of Eden, Turn of the Screw, and Jane Eyre are at the top.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've reread (among others) Desperation about 6 times, and The Gunslinger about 10 times, and each time I appreciate them in different ways.

It's like movies.. you won't be able to absorb all the minuscule details if you only watch them once.

Desperation, The Dead Zone, The Talisman, As I Lay Dying, and The Dark Tower books are my most re-read stories.
    Those are my comfort books.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Makes sense. I find there's too many books that I haven't read which I want to read so it limits my re-reading time. I will say though that about a year ago I started on a quest to read all of King's books. Some I had not actually read before and some I will re-read. I'm about half way through my goal. I've read about 29 so far. Just finished Blaze and that was a big surprise. I really really liked it. Definitely one of my favorites.

Ive reread quite a few books...The Dark Tower series, The Stand, Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, Candide, The thief of Always, Catcher in The rye, Animal Farm (reading for the third time now), Notes From Underground. I've got tons left to reread too...East of Eden, Turn of the Screw, and Jane Eyre are at the top.
    You know, Matt, that reminds me: The Need really made me want to give Catcher in the Rye another shot. I read it years back, and re-read it, and kept coming to the conclusion that Holden Caulfield was just a privileged little prick. But, hearing the discussion in your book, I started thinking that my mind wasn't open at the time of reading it.
    Also, I was just discussing Jane Eyre recently. It's one of those classics that I was pleasantly surprised by.

I've reread (among others) Desperation about 6 times, and The Gunslinger about 10 times, and each time I appreciate them in different ways.

It's like movies.. you won't be able to absorb all the minuscule details if you only watch them once.
    That is very true.

Makes sense. I find there's too many books that I haven't read which I want to read so it limits my re-reading time. I will say though that about a year ago I started on a quest to read all of King's books. Some I had not actually read before and some I will re-read. I'm about half way through my goal. I've read about 29 so far. Just finished Blaze and that was a big surprise. I really really liked it. Definitely one of my favorites.
    Blaze is one of King's books that I aim to re-read one day.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, Matt, that reminds me: The Need really made me want to give Catcher in the Rye another shot. I read it years back, and re-read it, and kept coming to the conclusion that Holden Caulfield was just a privileged little prick. But, hearing the discussion in your book, I started thinking that my mind wasn't open at the time of reading it.
    Also, I was just discussing Jane Eyre recently. It's one of those classics that I was pleasantly surprised by.

That is very true.
    Catcher In The Rye I've read four or five times. I'm actually due for a reread. I try to read it once a year.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

So, did you get acquainted with the rendering truck yet?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 564 of 714 FirstFirst ... 64 464 514 554 562 563 564 565 566 574 614 664 ... LastLast