Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 400 of 714 FirstFirst ... 300 350 390 398 399 400 401 402 410 450 500 ... LastLast
Results 9,976 to 10,000 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Almost done reading GOOD OMENS for the second time (straight through from reading it the first time). I like this story and the way it's told.
    Oh, me too. It is wonderful. It is my second favorite Gaiman that I've read.
    What's your favorite? I think I should start reading this one, I still haven't been able to pick up a book since finishing 11/22/63.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Done with The Stand now, Waiting for Beffy to catch up so we can start 11/22/63.
    Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Please don't start without me!
    Hurry up you two!
    My first Gaiman: Neverwhere!
    Heather, I read GOOD OMENS directly after 11/22/63. The change from one favorite author to another favorite author, the change from one good book to another good book, the change in tone from darker to lighter - was exactly the right thing.

NEVERWHERE is pretty awesome too, but I can't honestly say what my favorite Gaiman book would be. ANANSI BOYS would be at or near the top though.

Currrently re-reading: Kurt Vonnegut's SLAUGHTERHOUSE-FIVE.

JB & Bethany, enjoy the new King book!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

SLAUGHTERHOUSE is great.

I haven't read Anansi Boys yet.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That was my first as well

Heather, I read GOOD OMENS directly after 11/22/63. The change from one favorite author to another favorite author, the change from one good book to another good book, the change in tone from darker to lighter - was exactly the right thing.
    Excellent, I think I'll read it then, and save Damned for after.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Sorry, double post.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That was my first as well

It is magical.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My first Gaiman was Sandman, and although it's a graphic novel as opposed to a standard novel, it still reigns supreme as his best work to date. For me, anyway.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Feev speaks the truth.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    My first Gaiman was Sandman, and although it's a graphic novel as opposed to a standard novel, it still reigns supreme as his best work to date. For me, anyway.
    Sandman was my first too. I got them as they came out back in the day

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Sandman is definitely top of the list.

Oh, and I really hope that one day, Gaiman does a novelisation of his ep The Doctor's Wife, too. Because, like the episode, that would be awesome!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Trying to decide what to start after finishing 11/22/63... A Feast for Crows, Double Dexter, Damned or the last two Sookie Stackhouse books? Thoughts?

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Sandman is alright, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Trying to decide what to start after finishing 11/22/63... A Feast for Crows, Double Dexter, Damned or the last two Sookie Stackhouse books? Thoughts?
    A Feast for Crows.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

SLAUGHTERHOUSE is great.
    I haven't read Anansi Boys yet.
    Given your taste for Gaiman, I really think you would enjoy it.

Excellent, I think I'll read it then, and save Damned for after.
    Good call.

Let me know what you think.

Becca: As noted above, I recommend GOOD OMENS if you want something lighter right after 11/22/63.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Horns - Joe Hill
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Horns - Joe Hill

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved Horns!

Becca I'd go with either Dexter or Sookie before tackling Feast For Crows, they're both a lot lighter to read and Crows demands a lot of attention. The most recent Sookie was brilliant, Double Dexter is great too, but Dexter Is Delicious was my favourite by far - the scene in the trailer with the ecstasy

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Horns was great. I'll have to put Good Omens on my list.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to read Horns too. I haven't read anything by Hill, sadly.

Weren't the rights to a Horns movie picked up already ?

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I wanted to hold off on Crows just because it's the holidays and it would take all of my attention but it just keeps staring at me! Maybe I'll do the Dexter because I'm one Sookie book behind. Thanks for the advice everyone.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked Heart-Shaped Box alot better than Horns.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

I liked them both but Horns was my favorite of the two.

I still need to finish Horns. I got halfway thru then stopped for some reason. And 20th Century Ghosts is my favorite. Feev check out Pop Art from that book. Best short story in my opinion.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No way Feev!!! Heart Shaped Box is soooo cool, just a brilliant, brilliant ghost story - he's more in Gaiman's style of writing than his Dad's I think. Do you read Locke and Key?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I liked Heart-Shaped Box alot better than Horns.
    Ditto. I think he overreached a little with the ending of Horns and it fell apart instead.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that's kind of how I felt too.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 400 of 714 FirstFirst ... 300 350 390 398 399 400 401 402 410 450 500 ... LastLast