Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 363 of 714 FirstFirst ... 263 313 353 361 362 363 364 365 373 413 463 ... LastLast
Results 9,051 to 9,075 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beam*seeker View Post
    ^^^^^^ I fu**ing loved that book so much I read quite a few more. If you like it, his Good Omens was hilarious too. Only Neil could make the apocalypse so damn funny
    Only Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, don't forget! Not that i've read it, i just know it's a collaboration of both great writers, and that i seriously need to read it (along with a ton of other Gaiman books, including American Gods, and a ton of Discworld novels, of which Pratchett is the writer).

Currently, i'm just focusing on finishing off the Faction Paradox novel that i've been reading on and off for about a year! Finished the first volume of Drizzt, Talisman and my read of Dark Tower last week, so i really need to work on finishing this!
    Yes, I had forgotten Terry Pratchett helped and always meant to pick up Disc World. Anansi Boys is good also. But American Gods was my favorite of Neil's.

I just finished Duma Key. Loved it, hated the ending which is my usual reaction to King's works. Now I think I need something new. Maybe I will stick with my Edgar Allen Poe for a while. I will keep fishing this thread for ideas I guess.
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

John F. Kennedy Hammer is on a distinguished road Hammer's Avatar

Alone/Lisa Gardner

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Started a Lonesome Dove reread.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

The Valley of Horses. Doing an Ayla re-read.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    The Valley of Horses. Doing an Ayla re-read.
    "like"
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A Storm of Swords. yeah. now i need to go by A Feast of Crows nn
    If you love me then love me..

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    FINALLY completed Deathly Hallows !

Quote Originally Posted by what View Post
    Back on A Game of Thrones... finally got into it and can't put it down!
    I just started my first read yesterday. I was pretty much hooked after the first chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Yay! We shall convert everyone on this website to A Song of Ice and Fire fans. ::evil laughter::
    Yeah, Feev and I made a deal that if he finished the damn Harry Potter series, I'd start ASoIaF. I didn't know he'd finish it within 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I got Amanda (Girlystevedave) to start the series ! She text me a while ago that she just started A Game of Thrones.

(rubs hands together evilly)
    Indeed you did. Indeed you did. And my sister is super excited too. She said: "I feel the same way you did when you got me to read The Dark tower. It's so exciting."

But seriously, this book is f*cking awesome so far.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh Amanda. It only gets better. Just wait until A Storm of Swords, you won't be able to do anything else but read. You'll just have to tell Jacob he needs to give you some reading space.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished reading Brian Keene "The Cage" I love it. Very scary. Very interesting ending.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Oh Amanda. It only gets better. Just wait until A Storm of Swords, you won't be able to do anything else but read. You'll just have to tell Jacob he needs to give you some reading space.

I'll be all: "Get out of here! Mommy needs to read her stories."

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I am now reading The Tommy-knockers (my least favorite SK book I did not like it at all when I first read it. It just seemed so long winded and boring. I am going to give it a chance and pretend I never read it.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    I am now reading The Tommy-knockers (my least favorite SK book I did not like it at all when I first read it. It just seemed so long winded and boring. I am going to give it a chance and pretend I never read it.
    There's something about that one that really speaks to me, although I think you're definitely not in the minority when you say it's one of your least favorite King novels... Having had some issues of my own with alcohol and addiction, I find it a powerful allegory. Of course, King himself was facing those same issues at the time of the novel's creation.

I've progressed to 'Salem's Lot in my King rereading. I'm halfway through it after two days. I've been reading the deleted and pre-revision material that appears in the Illustrated version concurrent with the places they occur in the finished novel. It's an interesting experiment.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

The Verbally Abusive Relationship by Patricia Evans...

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

A child called IT by Dave Pelzer autobiography

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Oooh we sell that book at our bookstore, Kluker!

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by kluker View Post
    You need to read all of his books, Katie. Something he said The Lost Boy, I think, impacted my social work practice more than anything I learned in school or my bazillion trainings I've had. He commented that he would always remember that one of social workers always smelled good and that really made me stop and think about the personal, not professional or long term "safety and permanency", impact that I was having on the kids that I worked with.

I'm moving on to The Mammoth Hunters now. If I don't stop dreaming that I'm hanging out/working with Ayla all night long I may die of exhaustion.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It must be tough inventing everything in the world all night.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Angelic

Sheesh! Ain't it though?!

My Mood
    Breezy

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Just started Fight Club....my first Palahniuk....so far so good.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kluker View Post
    You need to read all of his books, Katie. Something he said The Lost Boy, I think, impacted my social work practice more than anything I learned in school or my bazillion trainings I've had. He commented that he would always remember that one of social workers always smelled good and that really made me stop and think about the personal, not professional or long term "safety and permanency", impact that I was having on the kids that I worked with.
    I have read all his books and the one his brother wrote made me want to do Social Work(still do)

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally got Hunger by Michael Grant

Also reading The Graveyard Book, - Neil gaiman and Anansi Boys, also Gaiman

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Just started Fight Club....my first Palahniuk....so far so good.
    I just started my own Fight Club.....................but I'm not supposed to talk about it.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

You just broke rules number 1 and 2.
    Sloth Love Chunk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 363 of 714 FirstFirst ... 263 313 353 361 362 363 364 365 373 413 463 ... LastLast