Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 714 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 586 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

What?
    Robin Hood? Huh?

Gunslinger Apprentice PedroPáramo is on a distinguished road PedroPáramo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Wind-up bird chronicle,
    by Haruki Murakami.
    Look at me thus. Thy glance is mad and rare.
    Thine eyes show deep and wild and inner strife.
    How they are more than Horror fair!
    -Alexander Search

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    Finished Wizard and Glass and will now read "The Little Sisters of Eluria."
    Very cool
    Finished that too. Next up on my reading list is 'Salem's Lot.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Next up on my reading list is 'Salem's Lot.
    Good choice

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    Good choice
    Thanks.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    Good choice
    Thanks.
    One of the books that are higher on my list of Stephen King best. I just really like the story line.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I am reading Hood by Stephen R. Lawhead.

It is really, really good. I am only about 30 pages in and it already has me completely sucked into the story.

Lawhead writes mythic history and imaginative fiction. This one is the first book in a series about Robin Hood. He has written other series about things like King Arthur and various Celtic folklore, but they are all quite a bit different than the typical stories. They are his own versions of mythic stories. I really enjoy his stuff.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Chris, that book is exactly up my alley. i had a thread on here when the site first opened about historical fiction.

have you read any Gary Jennings? His Aztec series is quite good.

I'm gonna look for Hood today.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm /that/ close to wrapping up Duma Key.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I am reading Hood by Stephen R. Lawhead.

It is really, really good. I am only about 30 pages in and it already has me completely sucked into the story.

Lawhead writes mythic history and imaginative fiction. This one is the first book in a series about Robin Hood. He has written other series about things like King Arthur and various Celtic folklore, but they are all quite a bit different than the typical stories. They are his own versions of mythic stories. I really enjoy his stuff.
    Hey, thanks for mentioning that one. That sounds right up DBF's alley, and his birthday is in a couple weeks.

Now I have to go unobtrusively scan his bookshelves.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    Chris, that book is exactly up my alley. i had a thread on here when the site first opened about historical fiction.

have you read any Gary Jennings? His Aztec series is quite good.

I'm gonna look for Hood today.
    I haven't, but I will have to look for ti when I have time/money. I enjoy Aztec stuff.

The second book to Hood is out now as well, but only in hardcover. It is called Scarlet and I assume it is about his version of Will Scarlet from the Robin Hood myth in some way.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

cool, I'll try and find them.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    cool, I'll try and find them.
    Here's a bit from his webpage about Hood, to get a better idea of what the story is like taht what I ahve said so far:

King Raven Trilogy: Book I
    Robin Hood: The Legend Begins Anew
    For centuries, the legend of Robin Hood and his band of thieves has captivated the imagination. Now the familiar tale takes on new life, fresh meaning, and an unexpected setting.

Hunted like an animal by Norman invaders, Bran ap Brychan, heir to the throne Elfael, has abandoned his father's kingdom and fled to the greenwood. There, in the primeval forest of the Welsh borders, danger surrounds him—for this woodland is a living, breathing entity with mysterious powers and secrets, and Bran must find a way to make it his own if he is to survive.

Like the forest itself, Hood is deep, dark, and at times savagely brutal—yet full of enchantment and hope. Internationally-acclaimed author Stephen R. Lawhead has created a lyrical rendering of a time-honored story that will lead you down strange pathways into another time and place.
    It also says "Steeped in Celtic mythology and the political intrigue of medival Britain, Lawhead's trilogy conjures up an ancient past and holds a mirror to contemporary realities. Prepare for an epic tale that dares to shatter everything you thought you knew about Robin Hood."

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just after finishing Soul Catcher by Frank Herbert. Very different from his Dune books. Engrossing tale but not happy with the ending through.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm setting Faulkner down for now and moving on to something I know will be more to my taste, at the moment.

From a Buick 8 - Stephen King
    (my first time reading it)

Gunslinger Apprentice aurora is on a distinguished road aurora's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just started Kip Thornes 2 ton book on Gravity. (OK I lied its 3 tons)

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finished The Road by Cormac McCarthy and now I am reading I Am Legend.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I think your gonna enjoy this book Monte, Its got alot to it.
    I recently read it 1st time, and liked it fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post
    I'm setting Faulkner down for now and moving on to something I know will be more to my taste, at the moment.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    I think your gonna enjoy this book Monte, Its got alot to it.
    I recently read it 1st time, and liked it fine.
    I think I will too.

My Mood
    Breezy

I'm reading alot lately.

OK, still another reread of the DT, currently finishing wastelands.

Also reading some Louis L'amour (I never knew he was this good, no wonder he's so popular)

Also reading Dragon Seed, by Pearl S. Buck.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Up next?

Catching the Big Fish
    Meditation, Consciousness, and Creativity
    David Lynch - Author

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Angelic

Nearing the end of 'Salem's Lot--I expect to finish it tomorrow.

Then I'll start Wolves of the Calla after that.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post

i love that one.

i was re-reading lisey's story but had to put it down because it was hitting too many raw nerves.

now i'm reading the punch by john feinstein. it's an in depth look at the punch kermit washington laid on rudy tomjanovich during an NBA game in 1977 and how it changed both men and the game itself.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i am extremly bored so im rerereading IT
    MACAIN FOR PRESIDENT

DONT VOTE HILARY

(SHES THE ANTICHRIST)

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

House of Chains by Steven Erikson
    The Last Continent by Terry Pratchett
    Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel by Susanna Clarke
    The Magic of Recluce by L.E. Modesitt, Jr.
    In Digitized Remorse

+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 714 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 186 586 ... LastLast