Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 148 of 714 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 248 648 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

I enjoyed Road Work as well.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

i found firestarter! it was in a shoebax halfway under my bed covered i golf clubs and origami fish. i shall resume reading it after i listen to "LT's Theory on Pets"

Gunslinger Apprentice Shamey is on a distinguished road Shamey's Avatar

do you have a habit of stuffing piles of golf clubs and origami fish under your bed?

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I'm likeing it alot, and have met the rainbird

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Gunslinger Apprentice Lord_Vertigo has a spectacular aura about Lord_Vertigo has a spectacular aura about

Aside from what I'm reading for classes (yes, even in the summertime) ...

My wife and I just started Dark Tower III. I read it to her out loud at night.

Norman Cantor's "Civilization of the Middle Ages"

I'd dearly love to pick up either Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter at some point. Preferably when the weather turns wet and gloomy again, and the coffeepot is constantly full.

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, Lord of the Rings. My favorite non-DT book series. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
    I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Vertigo View Post
    I'd dearly love to pick up either Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter at some point.
    Definitely hit up Harry Potter as soon as you get the chance!

Psychopath William50 is on a distinguished road William50's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    William!!!
    Thought I had missed you!
    Good to see you again!
    Nice to see you to!

I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. - Edgar Allan Poe

Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings, and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities expressed in crime, perversion, and insanity. - H.P. Lovecraft

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Vertigo View Post
    Aside from what I'm reading for classes (yes, even in the summertime) ...

My wife and I just started Dark Tower III. I read it to her out loud at night.

Norman Cantor's "Civilization of the Middle Ages"

I'd dearly love to pick up either Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter at some point. Preferably when the weather turns wet and gloomy again, and the coffeepot is constantly full.
    I'd reccommend HP over LOTR anyday.

glad you and your wife are sharing the experience.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    Everyone has their own opinions of course, but that one makes me laugh. No offense.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post
    Everyone has their own opinions of course, but that one makes me laugh. No offense.
    there's nothing like good laugh, Jayson! I hope the [old] news that I am totally with John will bring you some more positive emotions!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    there's nothing like good laugh, Jayson! I hope the [old] news that I am totally with John will bring you some more positive emotions!
    Sure, I could always use another laugh
    Of course it wasn't much of a surprise. I know you don't care much for LotR.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished my reread of Watchmen. I"m going to try and read IT again, and if/when I finish, I'm going to start Prisoner of Azkaban.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    Started reading Running Man. Is Road Work any good? I don't really have a desire to read it, but I will if its highly recommended, at least give it a shot.
    I think you would like Road Work. Definitely give it a try.

Just finished The Hotel New Hampshire by John Irving and am starting a reread of Dreamcatcher. I'm also reading Selected Poems of W. H. Auden.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I"m going to try and read IT again
    I hope you enjoy it this time!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got finished with I Am Legend and loved the story but was a bit disappointed with the book. Doesn't sound like that makes much sense but when I picked up this 317 page book, I thought I was in for a great long story.
    Turns out, only 160 pages of it was actually I Am Legend. The rest are short stories and while the ones I read were good, the book says I Am Legend on the front...not I Am Legend and other stories.

Anyway, now I'm on The Bridge of San Luis Rey.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    I just got finished with I Am Legend and loved the story but was a bit disappointed with the book. Doesn't sound like that makes much sense but when I picked up this 317 page book, I thought I was in for a great long story.
    Turns out, only 160 pages of it was actually I Am Legend. The rest are short stories and while the ones I read were good, the book says I Am Legendon the front...not I Am Legend and other stories.

I felt that way when I bought it too.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Feev Feev Feev!
    PLEASE start IT again...
    It's so worth it.

Oh, I forgot, along with starting Green Mile last night, I've been listening to The Gunslinger in my car. The original version, and it's my first time to read/hear the original. It's quite different so far...

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    Feev Feev Feev!
    PLEASE start IT again...
    It's so worth it.
    hear, hear!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

still working my way through Twilight and now starting Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper - Case Closed by Patricia Cornwell, my mom recommended it... hope its as good as she says

I've been listening to The Gunslinger in my car. The original version, and it's my first time to read/hear the original. It's quite different so far...
    Well then let me welcome you to the REAL Dark Tower series SJ.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Shamey View Post
    do you have a habit of stuffing piles of golf clubs and origami fish under your bed?
    if you only knew...

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been listening to The Gunslinger in my car. The original version, and it's my first time to read/hear the original. It's quite different so far...
    Well then let me welcome you to the REAL Dark Tower series SJ.

You said it, brother!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    Turns out, only 160 pages of it was actually I Am Legend. The rest are short stories and while the ones I read were good, the book says I Am Legendon the front...not I Am Legend and other stories.

I felt that way when I bought it too.
    me too, but did you read the other stories???? they're great too. I I Am Legend and Richard Matheson

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

just got house of leaves: the remastered full-color edition in the mail.

ummmm? i'm confused. i just paged through it and parts of it are upside down and in boxes? there's boxes of foreign languages? there are parts crossed out in what looks like red pen? some of the pages only have five or six lines all the way at the bottom?

what in the hell did i get myself into here?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 148 of 714 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 248 648 ... LastLast