Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 293 of 714 FirstFirst ... 193 243 283 291 292 293 294 295 303 343 393 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,325 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gunslinger Apprentice Riostar is on a distinguished road Riostar's Avatar

Thank you!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

always a pleasure to help out.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gunslinger Apprentice Riostar is on a distinguished road Riostar's Avatar

there are quite a few I don't have, I know what I'm buying with my tax money.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm re-reading Joe Hill's "Horns", a different book to "Heart Shaped Box" but its still a fantastic read!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Stephen_King_works_related_to_The_Dark_Tower_serie s

check that out. Should help you out.
    That link seems to go nowhere.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen...k_Tower_series

hmm, weird, it was working yesterday. Well there it is again, whole link this time, so it won't run off.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished I See Rude People by Amy Alkon and am now reading Stop in the Name of Pants! (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson) by Louise Rennison

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I'm also now reading Knowing Darkness Artists Inspired By Stephen King and Reel Terror which is a collection of short stories which inspired famous horror movies. Oh yeah and a Doctor Hunter Thompson bio plus everything else previously mentioned which hasn't been added to my book list yet.
    That sounds interesting. Is it a good collection?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ageless Stranger is on a distinguished road Ageless Stranger's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Took a few days off after finishing Lisey's Story, tonight, I start Cujo.
    "May your luck rise, Roland" -Cuthbert Allgood

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in my umpteenth reread of the Harry Potter series. I'm about 3/4 the way through Prisoner of Azkaban. I'd like to finish the entire series before April 20, when King's newest comes out.

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I'm also now reading Knowing Darkness Artists Inspired By Stephen King and Reel Terror which is a collection of short stories which inspired famous horror movies. Oh yeah and a Doctor Hunter Thompson bio plus everything else previously mentioned which hasn't been added to my book list yet.
    That sounds interesting. Is it a good collection?
    It is! It contains: Duel by Richard Matheson, Spurs by Tod Robbins, While Zombies Walk by Thorpe McClusky, We Can Remember It For You Wholesale by Philip K. Dick, The Fly by George Langelaan, The Swimmer by John Cheever, The Beast With Five Fingers by William Fryer Harver, The Company Of Wolves by Angela Carter, The Golem by I. L.Peretz, Lucy Comes To Stay by Robert Bloch, The Color Out Of Space by H. P. Lovecraft, and It's A Good Life by Jerome Bixby.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just read I am Legend. Good little story. But it begs to be expanded upon. The story itself is short but I envision it as a prequel to something much larger...almost like the Hobbit was to LotR.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ageless Stranger is on a distinguished road Ageless Stranger's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I can see that. I really enjoyed it too.

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

About to start The Name Of The Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss. Lots of recommendations from other fantasy friends to pick this one up.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

I am most of the way through a book called The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. And i dig it very much. I picked it up cause i liked the cover, so i kind of judged a book by its cover, i'm sorry to say. but it ended up being a good choice. AND Mr. Stephen King said some nice things about it on the back of the book.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds good. I made a deal with my daughter that I would read the first book in the Sword of Truth series if she would read Pillars of the Earth.

It's good so far, I like my wizards Tolkien but it's working okay.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Traveler Honkmafah is on a distinguished road Honkmafah's Avatar

The Dark Tower III: The Wastelands

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still working on Crime and Punishment, but have recently started reading On Writing.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Sir Thursday

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Cujo, now I'm reading Four Past Midnight.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cody44 View Post
    I'm still working on Crime and Punishment...
    Started reading this a few months ago, but just could not get into it. I think I only read about 70 something pages. I'll probably give it another shot sometime soon.

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm starting to think it's rather pointless to tell what I'm currently reading, as I devour all my books with a high speed.

Anyway, I just finished Counter-Clock World by Philip K. Dick. I haven't read his books before, but I will definitely go and read more.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I am just starting Cycle of the Werewolf
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Along the Path of the Beam Whiplash is on a distinguished road Whiplash's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am currently reading the fourth book of The Dark Tower: Wizard and Glass. Loving every line!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 293 of 714 FirstFirst ... 193 243 283 291 292 293 294 295 303 343 393 ... LastLast