Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 312 of 714 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 322 362 412 ... LastLast
Results 7,776 to 7,800 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

After several recommendations, I decided to pick up The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was looking at it on BN.com, feev. It seems like it's either loved or hated. It's getting alot of hype though, so it must be decent.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

i started it feev, and I read 10 pages or so, and then I put it down and picked up something else. It just didn't catch my attention. I'll try again later.

it was translated from Swedish, so it has the problem, imo, that most translated books do. it doesn't feel natural.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    i started it feev, and I read 10 pages or so, and then I put it down and picked up something else. It just didn't catch my attention. I'll try again later.

it was translated from Swedish, so it has the problem, imo, that most translated books do. it doesn't feel natural.
    ??
    Start reading Twilight!!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

shut up already, let it go!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Never my friend!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just finished Hearts in Atlantis. Was thinking of finishing my re-read of the Dark Tower series and start reading the final volume again, but it's been over 2 weeks without Doctor Who, so I think it's time to start reading unofficial novel Time's Champion instead, especially from all the good reviews I've heard. Be starting that tomorrow, I think.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Dagavidiab View Post
    Never my friend!
    you're a dick.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I just received a mass-market paperback sized omnibus of the first six novels from the Elric series by Moorcock. I'm getting on into it and loving the character of Elric. Being decadent and sickly, he is a nice change from the traditional fantasy hero.

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    I just received a mass-market paperback sized omnibus of the first six novels from the Elric series by Moorcock. I'm getting on into it and loving the character of Elric. Being decadent and sickly, he is a nice change from the traditional fantasy hero.
    I the Elric Series. Amazing fantasy collection. I've read all the way up until "Stormbringer", but haven't gotten the newest omnibuses yet. Where, may I ask, did you find a paperback Omnibus? I'd love to have that.

In other news, about to start "The Dark Half", from SK. I can't believe I've had this book in my book case so long, and never realized that I hadn't read it.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

Hell House, by Richard Matheson. Next on the list is The Exorcist, by William Peter Blatty.
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished Uncle Tom's Cabin and have started a reread of Robert A. Heinlein's Time Enough for Love. This was written back in the early 70s, but, although he uses different terminology, he talks about DNA testing!

John

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just started The Talisman for the 1st time!

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

yay, Tito Villa! Top three books of all time, imo. Can't wait to hear what you think about it.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Bruno, how's Twilight ? Have you decided which team you're on yet ?

Gunslinger Apprentice disel24 is on a distinguished road disel24's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Let's see:

Eldest (Inheritence book 2)
    Storm Front (Dresden file book)
    Comics (Too many to name)
    The Passage

One for work, one for home w family, one for home alone and comics whenever the chance arises.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Time's Champion by Craig Hinton and Chris McKeon. An unofficial Doctor Who novel that I've had for a couple of years now, but only just got round to reading it. Not that I wasn't interested, since it deals with so many awesome ideas relating to the 6th Doctor as well as giving him an epic finale that he didn't get on telly, but because it was so steeped in mythology that I had to do a bit of reading to prepare on it, including looking up two obscure and out of print official novels on ebay.

Just started it, and nowhere near the really good bit yet, but I'll say this much: considering obscure characters from the two novels I mentioned have appeared in the first five pages, I'm really glad I made the effort to look for them! I consider myself a fully fledged Who nerd, and there's still been plenty of references that have gone even over my dorky head!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The Carnivorous Carnival (A Series of Unfortunate Events, Book Nine) - Lemony Snicket

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    The Carnivorous Carnival (A Series of Unfortunate Events, Book Nine) - Lemony Snicket
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Bruno thparkles.

dammit! I need a book. I've not read a single word since last weekend. Me brain is going to rot.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The Slippery Slope (A Series of Unfortunate Events, Book 10) - Lemony Snicket

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice LineofEld is on a distinguished road LineofEld's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    The Slippery Slope (A Series of Unfortunate Events, Book 10) - Lemony Snicket
    I thoroughly enjoyed all the Unfortunate Events books!!
    "I have long stopped asking why the mad do mad things."

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
    Oddly enough, nothing I read here led me to it, my Emmy picked it out for me tonight.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read the book, but I can say WATCH THE MOVIE!

It's really, REALLY good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 312 of 714 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 322 362 412 ... LastLast