Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 281 of 714 FirstFirst ... 181 231 271 279 280 281 282 283 291 331 381 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,025 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

the dark house
    and still trying to read catch 22

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Just After Sunset
    Catch 22
    Tales of the Cthulhu Mythos
    Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    'Salem's Lot
    Is this your first read of it?
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading the Shining for the first time. I got it at half price books for 1.25 (the original was 2.50! crazyness).
    "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."
    -Orson Scott Card

Traveler jwill is on a distinguished road jwill's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Candice Dionysus View Post
    I've never seen the movie. In fact, I don't think I knew there was a movie of Desperation.

Still, The Regulators may be close to what you're asking about. There's western elements, and horror, and such.
    yeah the desperation movie has the guy who played hell boy as the sheriff,and the guy that was on the shining mini series remake. if you want you can go to watchmovies.net i think thats where i watched it but u prolly wont like it

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Will someone slap me if I admit I just read the first three books of Percy Jackson & the Olympians?

In my defense I had fever and there was nothing else to read..blahblah.

Now I'm back to 'Salem's Lot. phew.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by SynysterSaint View Post
    'Salem's Lot
    Although I am not Brice and I don't play him on the TV, I feel confident in saying that it's nowhere near his first go at the Lot.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Lily-sai View Post
    Will someone slap me if I admit I just read the first three books of Percy Jackson & the Olympians?

Is that a bad thing? i've been curious since I saw the trailer. Only reason I haven't read them is because they're too expensive to buy the whole set right now........
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Country
    Country Flag

They're kind of poor man's Harry Potter, so to say (those books ARE expensive, I borrowed mine from the library). I loved the idea, but the plot, the characters, the dialogue.. as thin as the paper they were written into. That's only my opinion, anyway.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post

Is that a bad thing? i've been curious since I saw the trailer. Only reason I haven't read them is because they're too expensive to buy the whole set right now........
    They're kind of poor man's Harry Potter, so to say (those books ARE expensive, I borrowed mine from the library). I loved the idea, but the plot, the characters, the dialogue.. as thin as the paper they were written into. That's only my opinion, anyway.
    So it's like reading Koontz when you can't get your hands on some King.

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty much, yes.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished The 158-Pound Marriage by John Irving and am now doing a reread of Insomnia.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice CrimsonMordred is on a distinguished road CrimsonMordred's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

R.A. Salvatore's The Ghost King. So far it is not bad, but it's not grabbing me as much as the Hunter's Blade Trilogy.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    'Salem's Lot
    Although I am not Brice and I don't play him on the TV, I feel confident in saying that it's nowhere near his first go at the Lot.
    coffee up nose moment woofer!!!

JBis good to see you here

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

'Salem's Lot
    I've read it about a dozen or so times I guess. I think I might be rereading all of King's books in order of publication.

Woofer-
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Am currently rereading The Shining, and hope to finish by Wednesday.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Still reading Catch-22. It has been a chore.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post

So it's like reading Koontz when you can't get your hands on some King.
    Pretty much, yes.
    well, I still want to read them, and as you said, the idea is what got me, it sounds great. I love mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    JBis good to see you here
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Breezy

Am currently readin The City Boy, by Herman Wouk. Awesome. As Always, one of my top authors.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Still reading Catch-22. It has been a chore.
    ::bangs head against wall::

bears love it! bears love it!!!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Again it should be noted that the bear has not specified whose head he is banging against the wall.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Again it should be noted that the bear has not specified whose head he is banging against the wall.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, every time I write this I remember that observation of yours and marvel at how deep and to the point it was...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 281 of 714 FirstFirst ... 181 231 271 279 280 281 282 283 291 331 381 ... LastLast