Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 192 of 714 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 202 242 292 692 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I go to school with Dexter's cousin in real life.

The consensus seems to be the show is better than the book. I had a similar experience with Fight Club.

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Ah, I'm just flying the Irish flag - I'm really in the US.

But I would DIE without bacon and sausage!

...and me

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfWesternesse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post
    Have you thrown out all your bacon and pork sausages?
    Yes I have! :sob: And the Black Pudding ! :bigger sobs:

Welcome to DT-World agrabin.
    As daghain said - hang on to your hat, this one just gets better and better and better!
    Oh no!! Not the black pudding as well..my heart goes out to you...

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That sucks. I love black pudding.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

I bought Shell Silverstein's The Giving Tree and read it to my boy last night. One of my all time favorite books. Though he's only three months its never to early to read to them.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Heath View Post
    I bought Shell Silverstein's The Giving Tree and read it to my boy last night. One of my all time favorite books. Though he's only three months its never to early to read to them.

We started building a library for Ella as soon as my wife got pregnant and all the Silverstein went in it right away. And you're right, it's never too early to read to them. We've been reading to her since she was a few weeks old. It doesn't matter if they get it or not. Somewhere it's getting through to them subconsciously that books are important. The rest will come later.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

and have you read winnie the pooh to him yet?
    if not, i would like an explanation!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, please

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

The Queen of Swords by Judith Tarr.

judith Tarr =
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Reading Ender's Game anytime soon?

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I'll pick it up the next time I go to the library.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

We started building a library for Ella as soon as my wife got pregnant and all the Silverstein went in it right away. And you're right, it's never too early to read to them. We've been reading to her since she was a few weeks old. It doesn't matter if they get it or not. Somewhere it's getting through to them subconsciously that books are important. The rest will come later.
    I also added Shel Silverstein to Paris's collection when she was a baby. Now she reads me The Giving Tree and her favorite poems from Where the Sidewalk Ends, which I find one of the most rewarding things in my life.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Currently trying to read The Traveling Vampire Show by Richard Laymon. Anyone read this? It was recommend by a friend who said it had an It like feel to it, but so far I'm honestly not caring for it to much.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice bluelph24 is on a distinguished road bluelph24's Avatar

still reading Thus spoke Zarathustra

finished Black Boy for school (we only read part 1) and have started up on Cry The Beloved Country'

still reading Invisable Man for school, and, each time i think about that book, i think about that bit from The Body where the narrator (can't for the life of me remember his name. Gordy, mayhap?) mentions reading this book while looking for the wells, not the ellison one, and liking the ellison one a lot.

So it goes.

"There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all. "
    - Oscar Wilde

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

All About The Beat: Why Hip-Hop Can't Save Black America, by John McWhorter

The Reagan I knew, by William F. Buckley Jr.

The Deporter, by Ames Holbrook

Economics In One Lesson, by Henry Hazlitt

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

A Narration of A. Gordon Pym by Edgar Allen Poe-at home
    Strangers by Dean Koontz - at work

Ink Heart Jackie is on a distinguished road Jackie's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Insomnia

The words written upon this paper, are none compared to the words written upon my heart

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered Star Wars : Shadows of The Empire through Amazon.

This particular story takes place between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Feevie, have you text sarajean about that? she's all over that. I think she has the full collection.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

She has all of it?!

She's so awesome

I'll text her in a little bit.

Gunslinger Apprentice PlayPhish is on a distinguished road PlayPhish's Avatar

Currently reading Paul Theroux's new book: Ghost Train to the Eastern Star: On the Tracks of the Great Railway Bazaar, The Glass Bead Game by Herman Hesse, Stephen King's new short story collection, Earth: The Sequel by Frank Krupp and Veblen's Theory of the Leisure Class. Whew! I enjoy having many books going, kind of like changing channels on a tv, literarilly (Is that a word? If not, it is now )

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

i am currently reading Just After Sunset...i usually blow through alot of books in a year but for some reason i can't get to reading it...maybe after i finish Fallout 3 i will get back into reading....lol...i do read a little at work though...been kinda slow. anyone need a haircut....lol

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

still in my reading slump. of course, that isn't stopping me from getting books to add to the pile of "to be read". i'm 1/4 of the way through "gingerbread girl" in just after sunset and can't seem to get any farther. my bookmark hasn't moved in the living dead in weeks. wastelands came today. maybe i'll have better luck with that.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I got Shadows of the Empire in the mail today!

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Traveler manbearpig is on a distinguished road manbearpig's Avatar

Currently, I'm not reading any book in particular because I've been so busy with college.
    But the last book I read was Eric Clapton's Autobiography. I thought it was great, since I really like his music and it also sheds a lot of light on not only his life and what inspired him but on the lives of fellow musicians he befriended. It's a really good read if you're a fan of Clapton, and if you aren't then it's a great way to learn about him and his music and maybe then become a fan =D

I've read 2 Kurt Vonnegut books to date: Cat's Cradle and Slaughterhouse-Five.
    I've become a fan of his but he has so many books to choose from, I'm having some trouble figuring out which one I should read next over holiday vacations.
    Any suggestions? =)
    Thanks, guys. Take care.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 192 of 714 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 190 191 192 193 194 202 242 292 692 ... LastLast