Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 262 of 714 FirstFirst ... 162 212 252 260 261 262 263 264 272 312 362 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,550 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I've been meaning to read some Orson Scott Card outside of the Ender universe, I might just have to start with that one Liisa
    Go, go, to the nearest library or bookstore and grab Seventh Son. I promise you won't be disappointed.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished up The Neverending story, that was a great book.

Now cannot decide between a rereread of the dark tower series or The stand.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Then don't decide...read both.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

The biography of Thor Heyerdahl.

Roland would have understood.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    How are those? I've been meaning to add them to my list. (Like I don't have enough books already).
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Yes, I've been kinda curious about them too. Are they good?
    I like them. They are an easy read. It's interesting to (just like movies and books they are based on). I've watched season 1 and 2 of True Blood and the books follow the story....aahhh..mainly. Sookie, Bill, and Eric they follow pretty close, but there are some changes that the writers for the show decided to make. But I'm enjoying the books.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I may have to add those to my list then. Thanks!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Currently I'm in the middle of:
    • Wolves of the Calla (which I'm rushing through, well by my standards I'm rushing, by everyone else's standards I'm reading at a normal pace!)
    • Doctor Who: The Quantum Archangel (nearly finished it, only 40 pages to go, but Calla takes top priority, methinks)
    • The Talisman (This is what makes me a Dark Tower fan and not a Stephen King fan. Wolves, I'm racing through despite having read it before. Talisman, notsomuch, although I really enjoyed Black House.)
    • Thud! (just so I remember! Only halfway through. Really good book, really funny, but the problem is my reading mood is always, always, ALWAYS shifting!)
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Patrick, please let me know if you read some more of his books. I've only read a handful of his books, but he's easily becoming one of my favorite authors. And you got me motivated. I actually picked Drood back up this morning.
    I finished DROOD today. Damn, that was good book!

As you know by now, I've got another Simmons book sitting on my shelf waiting to be read.

However, since I rarely read the same author twice in a row, I'm leaning toward first reading THE STORY OF EDGAR SAWTELLE by David Wroblewski...

"I flat-out loved The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. In the end, this isn't a novel about dogs or heartland America, it's a novel about the human heart and the mysteries that live there, understood but impossible to articulate.... I don't reread many books because life is too short. I will be re-reading this one."
    —Stephen King, author of Under The Dome
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    The biography of Thor Heyerdahl.
    Ooh, Fatu Hivi!

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    However, since I rarely read the same author twice in a row, I'm leaning toward first reading THE STORY OF EDGAR SAWTELLE by David Wroblewski...
    I absolutely loved this book, but HATE the ending... let me know what you think when you finish.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by what View Post
    I absolutely loved this book, but HATE the ending... let me know what you think when you finish.
    I'm going to be starting this one soon. I managed to get a pristine first edition first printing from a library book sale for $1. (It looks like it's never been opened!) I saw King's quote also, which made me start looking for it.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lily-sai View Post
    Orson Scott Card has always been one of my favorites since when I read Ender's Game for the first time many, many years ago.
    It's always a great delight to re-read his books, like this one right now:

How do you like this book? I've only ever read the Ender and Bean seriers (my favortie books ever, next to DT)...I've not read any of his other stuff though.

I am currently on my way to finishing Black House. I'm excited. I've really been meaning to pick up Drood.
    "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."
    -Orson Scott Card

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

spun, the first four or something books of the Tales of Alvin Maker are great. I love how OSC combines the real world with the magic so fluently and naturally that it all feels realistic, like it could really happen. I don't remember clearly, but I think that the quality went downhill after the fourth book. Give it a try anyway - it's a magical experience, which is why I'm reading them again.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lily, I will! It is so hard to decide what book to read next with my long list. I don't have very much free time, I love the bus to read on. So we'll see when I get around to it, I really should have read more Orson Scott Card sooner.
    "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."
    -Orson Scott Card

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Patrick, please let me know if you read some more of his books. I've only read a handful of his books, but he's easily becoming one of my favorite authors. And you got me motivated. I actually picked Drood back up this morning.

As you know by now, I've got another Simmons book sitting on my shelf waiting to be read.
    Yes, let me know how it is. I'm glad you enjoyed Drood. I'm about 200 pages in now! It'll be awhile before I finish it, but I'm loving it so far.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice darkwolf is on a distinguished road darkwolf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwolf View Post
    Reading The Damnation Game by Clive Barker now. Only read a few books of his before this years ago, the Great and Secret Show, and the Hellbound Heart.
    You should give Imajica a shot
    I will, it may just be the next book I pick up. I'm nearing the end of Damnation Game. Also just finished Y: The Last Man... Excellent series.
    "The most important questions in life can never be answered by anyone except oneself." The Magus

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My friend who is reading Imajica has highly recommended it to me. He told me their was a lot of descriptive sexual scenes, but they don't feel out of place.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

IM working my way through Strangers by Koontz. Its taking forever for some reason tho.

Also reading The Devil in the White City, and a re-read of the first 3 Vampire Chronicle books from Anne Rice cause I got this awesome collected edition from B&N

and I have The Almost Moon and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo on deck
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by what View Post
    I'm going to be starting this one soon. I managed to get a pristine first edition first printing from a library book sale for $1. (It looks like it's never been opened!) I saw King's quote also, which made me start looking for it.

John
    Nice find, John!

Yes, let me know how it is. I'm glad you enjoyed Drood. I'm about 200 pages in now! It'll be awhile before I finish it, but I'm loving it so far.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ErinPatricia View Post
    IM working my way through Strangers by Koontz. Its taking forever for some reason tho.
    All Koontzs I've ever read took me forever.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

been thinking about read the belgariad by david eddings....atleast while im waiting on my next jim butcher book to come in. come on harry dresden!
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I read the first one and HATED it. I quit after that. YMMV.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice ErinPatricia is on a distinguished road ErinPatricia's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    been thinking about read the belgariad by david eddings....atleast while im waiting on my next jim butcher book to come in. come on harry dresden!
    read it!!!
    I love love love those books
    I lurk, therefore I am.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am going to read Taste of Tenderloin which is a book Jerome sent me that is signed to me!

It is my policy to read every book with this designation and it sounds like it will be really good. Small book so I'm sure I'll get through it tonight at work.

The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

+ Reply to Thread
Page 262 of 714 FirstFirst ... 162 212 252 260 261 262 263 264 272 312 362 ... LastLast