Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 286 of 714 FirstFirst ... 186 236 276 284 285 286 287 288 296 336 386 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,150 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice inertia1215 is on a distinguished road inertia1215's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

reading Blood of the Fold right now, really got into reading the Sword of Truth series after flying through Wizards first rule, what a great book. Loving BOTF right now, and I read Stone of Tears faster than anything I have ever read!
    In a book,in a box,high upon a shelf
    In a locked a guarded vault
    Are things I keep only for myself
    Its your fate,but its not your fault

Traveler jwill is on a distinguished road jwill's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the regulators

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading:

Haunted Heart: The Life and Times of Stephen King - Lisa Rogak
    A Dark Matter - Peter Straub

In the wings, I finally got a copy of Joe Hill's Horns. As soon as I finish the Rogak book, I'll be starting that.

I'm pretty disappointed in the Rogak book. I don't particularly care for her writing style, and I've run across more than a few errors in her narrative. It's hard to believe that this book was nominated for an Edgar award. I just don't see it.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Ageless Stranger is on a distinguished road Ageless Stranger's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jwill View Post
    the regulators
    That's what I'll be reading next!

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by inertia1215 View Post
    reading Blood of the Fold right now, really got into reading the Sword of Truth series after flying through Wizards first rule, what a great book. Loving BOTF right now, and I read Stone of Tears faster than anything I have ever read!
    i flew through wizards first rule, kept getting side tracked with SoT, and then flew through BOTF....temple of the wind has been waiting for me to read, but i can't bring myself to do it

great series though
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    I thought Munich was a great movie. Have you seen it? Does it follow the book closely? Might have to add this to my "to read" list.
    I liked the Munich, even though I can't stand Kushner or Spielberg. Even if it's not what they intended-which I'm sure it wasn't-I think most people who watched it came away from the movie impressed by and admiring of the Mossad. At least, the agents who participated in Operation Wrath of God.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Also reading an apocalyptic Russian sci-fil novel:

and some other e-books I bought for my Nook:

John F. Kennedy craig85br is on a distinguished road

Born and raised in Essex, England but currently living in Lille, France
    Country
    Country Flag

I am reading "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins at the moment.
    Next on the list is "The Survivor" by James Herbert.

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Finished The Shining and will now go on to The Short-Timers by Gustav Hasford.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    Also reading an apocalyptic Russian sci-fil novel:

and some other e-books I bought for my Nook:

Do you like the Nook? I played with one a bit at B&N but wasn't overly impressed. It reminded me of the old grayscale screen I had for my Mac years ago. Actually, it was trying to figure out how to make the buttons work that I found annoying. It wasn't intuitive, at least to me.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, the buttons are kind of tricky. I'm embarrassed to admit that it took me more than a day to figure out how to scroll through a book's table of contents. Another aspect I don't relish is the fact that it freezes up occasionally, which is something that never happens to a real book.

Still, It does have its advantages, e.g. easier to eat and read simultaneously, much easier to read a book with footnotes, etc...

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the dust to settle in the eReader arena before I settle on one.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I heard nightwatch was really good. did it translate to english well?
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reading:

Ace of Cakes: Inside the World of Charm City Cakes - Duff Goldman
    The Affirmation - Christopher Priest

For School:

Wuthering Heights (not my favorite, but anything beats Pride and Prejudice)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    I heard nightwatch was really good. did it translate to english well?
    So far, so good.

The movie was one of the better science-fiction adaptations I've seen, and the sequel wasn't too bad either. I think he's written three books-the last one is Twilight Watch, IIRC.

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I decided to pick up Horns by Joe Hill, and I have to say I'm loving it. Maybe a lighter read it what I really needed. I think I'll save All The Pretty Horses for later.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I honestly can't believe that the up coming movie reminded me that I've never read this and I can't believe I have not.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I honestly can't believe that the up coming movie reminded me that I've never read this and I can't believe I have not.
    I don't know if this is the case with you or not, I'm just speaking in general, but perhaps it's something to do with a certain mindset about such stories--people get bombarded with references to it (because it's become a part of our modern mythology) so that they feel like they KNOW the story even if they've never actually read it or had it read to them at all.

Certainly it feels that way with Peter Pan--it wasn't until my adulthood that I even bothered to read the book, and then the script of the play....

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I think you've hit the nail on the head John_and_Yoko. It is an amazing story that I read just this year for the first time as well. I've yet to read Alice's Adventures Through The Looking-Glass

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

Gunslinger Apprentice Ageless Stranger is on a distinguished road Ageless Stranger's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished the Dark Tower series for the second time earlier. Now I'm reading The Regulators for the first time.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished The Regulators. Pretty good read.
    "May your luck rise, Roland" -Cuthbert Allgood

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I've been having a hard time getting up the motivation to read as well. I've been stuck on the same book for over a month. But I just got a copy of Horns so I decided to put aside the other one and read this one instead. Hopefully it'll break me out of my reader's block.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

But... I read it in three days...
    "May your luck rise, Roland" -Cuthbert Allgood

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ageless Stranger View Post
    Finished The Regulators. Pretty good read.
    Have you read Desperation yet? If not I'd highly recommend it
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 286 of 714 FirstFirst ... 186 236 276 284 285 286 287 288 296 336 386 ... LastLast