Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 190 of 714 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 240 290 690 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BROWNING'S CHILDE View Post
    I started reading A Christmas Carol yesterday. I can't believe that I have ignored this gem. It is very short. (about 70 pages) Yet, it is quite obvious how it became such an immortal classic. I highly recommend it to all.
    Absolutely! Dickens is my favorite author, - and maybe there's something else by him you've overlooked so far? I would especially recomment Nicholas Nickleby, Martin Chuzzlewit, and Our Mutual Friend.
    Thanks, the only Dickens I have read are Great Expectations, Oliver Twist and Tale of Two Cities. I will try to get to those titles you mention

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Just started The Green Mile.

Not sure if I care too much for the writing style, but otherwise I'm liking it (probably because I've seen the movie and know what it's about, but still).

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Economics in One Lesson, by Henry Hazlitt

The Deporter, by Ames Holbrook

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

Loosing My Espanish by H.G. Carillo

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

QI: The Book of General Ignorance by Stephen Fry. Very good, although even he (they, I mean, it's a group of authors this time) is not immune to some prejudice.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Just started the new Patricia Cornwell novel SCARPETTA.

So far, 185 pages into it and .... not impressed.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    Loosing My Espanish by H.G. Carillo
    Sounds interesting...

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

January 2009 issue of Fantasy & Science Fiction

Life is a garden...dig it!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be starting The Tales of Beedle the Bard very soon--my copies of both the deluxe and trade edition just arrived!

John

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished Duma Key and loved it! Started Blaze... i didn't realize how short it was, but that will get me to JaS quicker!

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

FEAR by L. Ron Hubbard
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I'm currently reading Even Cowgirls Get The Blues by Tom Robbins.

I'm on a Tom Robbins kick. I wonder why I haven't discovered him until now. He writes the best metaphors and similies ever.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

That was a great book Hannah. The movie, meh, not so much. Although, it does have Uma Thurmann in it. mmmm.... Uma Thurman....

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I didn't even know there was a movie. I may have to check it out after I finish the book. I'm guessing Uma was Sissy?
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Yes, she played Sissy.

Here's a link to the film on netflix...

http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Even_Co...1489393862_0_0

Forgetful Fantasy-Maker Tiffany is on a distinguished road Tiffany's Avatar

Toronto, Ontario (but I'll probably always call Texas home).
    Country
    Country Flag

At the beginning of Fragile Things, by Neil Gaiman. I stopped, though, because Justin brought home a book of puzzles and I've discovered that I love arrow-word puzzles.

Oh, and I finished the other book of short stories with an incredibly long name...Noisy Outlaws, Unfriendly Blobs and Some Other Things That Aren't as Scary.........(there's more to the title). It had some really cute stories in it. The Gaiman story was probably my favorite. "Sunbird" is what it's called.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me....Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    -Shel Silverstein

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

The Year of Living Biblically is a great book. The only major problem I had with it was the insistence by A.J. Jacobs that The Bible conform to his own political/philosophical values, especially on certain issues, e.g. gay rights. Perhaps the Old Testament is completely wrong on this subject-after all, it's probably a good thing that we don't stone people to death for not observing Noachide law-but I don't think that means that a moral, biblical code necessarily has to dovetail with the values of a liberal New Yorker in the 21st century.

It's like the debate my friend is having with some ostensibly libertarian feminists. His P.O.V., which is eminently sensible, IMO, is that regardless of the merits of certain feminist positions the goals of feminism should not be adopted by the libertarian movement if and when they conflict with the spread of liberty and protection of property rights.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Tales of Beedle the Bard. I enjoyed it--it IS a kid's book, but the notes by Dumbledore were also very entertaining. Of course, I tutor reading to first graders, so that may have influenced my opinions of the stories as well.

John

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm listening The Host by the woman that wrote those Vampire books that are so popular these days...Stephanie something.

It's adult fiction at least, pretty good so far. The reader is a woman I have heard before on another book so that's cool.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm listening The Host by the woman that wrote those Vampire books that are so popular these days...Stephanie something.

It's adult fiction at least, pretty good so far. The reader is a woman I have heard before on another book so that's cool.
    I keep seeing this one around and was curious if it was any good or not. Let me know what you think when you're finished.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice Disincarnate is on a distinguished road Disincarnate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy right now.

Also, has anyone read Crooked Little Vein by Warren Ellis? It was fantastic. I suggest it to everyone!

Gunslinger Apprentice 3 DOORS DOWN is on a distinguished road 3 DOORS DOWN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading Red Seas Under Red Skies by Scott Adams Book 2 in the Gentleman Bastard sequence,excellent read.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Disincarnate View Post
    I want to read this book as well, hopefully before the movie is released

How you liking it so far?

Gunslinger Apprentice Disincarnate is on a distinguished road Disincarnate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Disincarnate View Post
    I want to read this book as well, hopefully before the movie is released

How you liking it so far?
    I like it a lot because it's a really fast read and the author gets right into the action. His writing style is really unique as well. Short chapters with minimal punctuation. It's different. So far it seems like the story is going to be pretty interesting. I hear it's really depressing though. We shall see.

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

It's for Spanish Lit class, but I always enjoy reading it.

Just finished "Dress Your Family In Corduroy And Denim" by David Sedaris and loved it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 190 of 714 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 200 240 290 690 ... LastLast