Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 185 of 714 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 235 285 685 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

The Bonehunters by Erikson, Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson, The Outstretched Shadow by Lackey and Mallory, and Magic Cottage by James Herbert.
    In Digitized Remorse

Ink Heart Jackie is on a distinguished road Jackie's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Carrie

Ironicly my Firestarted got soaked by an exploding RockStar

The words written upon this paper, are none compared to the words written upon my heart

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    Just started Rose Madder.

Oh.

My.

God.

I can't tell if that is good or bad. I love that book so much. You really should listen to it, it's one of the best produced audio books ever. King does a perfect Norman Daniels, the special effects are wonderful, the actress that does Rosie is perfect.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    Just started Rose Madder.

Oh.

My.

God.

I can't tell if that is good or bad. I love that book so much. You really should listen to it, it's one of the best produced audio books ever. King does a perfect Norman Daniels, the special effects are wonderful, the actress that does Rosie is perfect.
    Thought I explained myself later in the thread....

Actually I did. The "oh my God" was in reference to what Norman had DONE to the poor woman....

But yeah, I'm finding it easy to read and hooking my attention easily (and I'm enjoying it)--a welcome change after Bag of Bones.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Catoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Thank God, I finished Lullaby. Don't remember struggling with the last 50 or so pages of a book that hard since The Eyes of the Dragon. Reading Cell, and now it reads great!
    You didn't like Eyes of the Dragon?
    Absolutely hated it. I will post in that thread, it's on the long list of things I got to do some time soon

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ink Heart Jackie is on a distinguished road Jackie's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Catoe View Post
    Thank God, I finished Lullaby. Don't remember struggling with the last 50 or so pages of a book that hard since The Eyes of the Dragon. Reading Cell, and now it reads great!
    You didn't like Eyes of the Dragon?
    Absolutely hated it. I will post in that thread, it's on the long list of things I got to do some time soon
    How could you HATE EOTD?!? I absolutly LOVED it!!!!

The words written upon this paper, are none compared to the words written upon my heart

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Economics in One Lesson, by Henry Hazlitt

The Truth About Muhammad, by Robert Spencer

The Revolution: A Manifesto, by Ron Paul

Grief Lessons: Four Plays by Euripides

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I just finished reading "My legendary girlfriend" by Mike Gail and am now moving onto Obsidan Butterfly by Laurell K. Hamilton.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Finishing Just After Sunset and about to begin Throttle, in He Is Legend.

John

My Mood
    Angelic

At this rate I might well finish Rose Madder tonight!

Whenever I do, next on my reading list is Desperation.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Good choice!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post

Good choice!
    Thanks!

And then, of course, I'll read The Regulators after that.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That's what I did as well. It's a bit confusing at first but you figure it out pretty quickly.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Angelic

That's what I did as well. It's a bit confusing at first but you figure it out pretty quickly.
    Yeah, earlier this year I tried reading both at the same time, but this time I think I'm just going to read them one at a time.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that is definitely a better idea.

My Mood
    Angelic

Finished Rose Madder!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Mr. Unlucky educatedlady will become famous soon enough educatedlady's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I just bought Just After Sunset so I'll start that tonight or tomorrow morning.
    ♪♪No secret, no matter how nasty can poison your voice or keep you from joy ♪♪ -- Perfume Genius

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I just purchased Just After Sunset and Coraline by Gaiman.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

CORALINE!!! READ IT NOW!!!!!!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

JUST FINISHED "NEXT" BY MICHEAL CHRICHTON. IT WAS PRETTY GOOD, BUT HE HAS BETTER BOOKS. NOW I AM READING "BLAZE", NOT TOO BAD.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

This is probably going to sound really stupid after I just did it, but I don't think you realize that when you type in all caps it's the Internet equivalent to yelling at everyone.

And actually, I WAS yelling at feev.

Oh, and let us know what you think of Blaze. Great book, IMHO.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

This is probably going to sound really stupid after I just did it, but I don't think you realize that when you type in all caps it's the Internet equivalent to yelling at everyone.

And actually, I WAS yelling at feev.

Oh, and let us know what you think of Blaze. Great book, IMHO.
    WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT????
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

WHAT?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 185 of 714 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 235 285 685 ... LastLast