Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 221 of 714 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 271 321 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,525 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I say that. When I started to read it (this Friday) I wake up at 1 o'clock in the morning and usually I go back to sleep if I wake up in the middle of the night but this time I opened the book and I kept reading for hours.

It's about a boy whose I.Q. is 68 and with an operation it gets 185 and more. And the way he is changing and he can understand things and his past and all his fights inside.
    Incredible book.

Roland would have understood.

Blaine the Terror Train Mad Man is on a distinguished road Mad Man's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Reading "Jevgeni Onegin" by Aleksandr Puškin at the monent

I am the one I am the one
    The godlike terror train
    The superior, artificial brain
    Feel free to call me Blaine!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I am reading Flowers for Algernon. It is really good. I can't put it down.
    Has anyone read it?
    I have.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

And do you agree with this assessment Brice?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's been many years since I've read it, but as I recall yes, it was quite good.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I just got done reading World War Z. interesting, I hear they are making it into a movie.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, that certainly moves that book up on my list, then.

And Letti, if you like the book, go out and rent the movie "Charlie" with Cliff Robertson. I don't remember now how close it is to the book, but it's awesome.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Flowers for Algernon won the Hugo award when it was published in 1966. I read it first when it was published in The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction as a novellete, then later when it was expanded to novel size and remain even now as one of its biggest fans. It is simply a GREAT book!

John

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm just starting it and love the writing so far! Very fast paced.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I am reading Flowers for Algernon. It is really good. I can't put it down.
    Has anyone read it?
    I have.
    I have, too, very long time ago but I remember it well - only the novelette though, not the novel. I have only just learned from Jhanic that there is a novel. I think I'll look for it.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice bluelph24 is on a distinguished road bluelph24's Avatar

finished watchmen and philosophy today. also finished the killing joke.

onto requiem for a dream

So it goes.

"There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all. "
    - Oscar Wilde

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post

I'm just starting it and love the writing so far! Very fast paced.
    I'm listening to it in the car and Dora is reading it at home. We are both loving it. I agree on the writing, it's very well done.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I am currently reading Eaters of the Dead by Michael Crichton. Not a bad read, and for anyone that has seen The 13th Warrior, this book is what the movie was based off of. Well, maybe not this book, but this book is the re-write of the ancient manuscript about the true account of Ahmad Ibn Fadlan who became the 13th Warrior when he met a band of Northmen (or Norsemen) on his way some place else.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    I am currently reading Eaters of the Dead by Michael Crichton. Not a bad read, and for anyone that has seen The 13th Warrior, this book is what the movie was based off of. Well, maybe not this book, but this book is the re-write of the ancient manuscript about the true account of Ahmad Ibn Fadlan who became the 13th Warrior when he met a band of Northmen (or Norsemen) on his way some place else.
    Hm. I don't think the manuscript is real.

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Hm. I don't think the manuscript is real.
    I had that debate..with myself..and I couldn't really say if it is real or not. I googled Ahmad Ibn Fadlan, and I guess he was a real person of the time and such. Of course, I haven't researched in depth.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Just finished Black House, and am now starting Blaze

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't that keen on Blaze first time round, but on a recent reread I loved it. I particularly enjoyed the flashbacks to Blaze's childhood - very poignant.

Blaze reminds me of Wolf in some ways.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Slither - Edward Lee

Life is a garden...dig it!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

3/4 through The Story of Edgar Sawtelle.
    Finished Going to See the Elephant last week.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm about 3/4's through both New Moon and A Storm of Swords.

I'm thinking of either reading Order of The Phoenix or World War Z next.

order of the phoenix.

i'm halfway through PoA, so by the time you're ready, we should be able to read it together.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I was going to make that argument for World War Z.

I'm about 1/2 way through The Tomb, the first Repairman Jack novel. Highly recommended.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

back off, daggers. can't you see i'm feeling stabbity?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 221 of 714 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 271 321 ... LastLast