Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 596 of 714 FirstFirst ... 96 496 546 586 594 595 596 597 598 606 646 696 ... LastLast
Results 14,876 to 14,900 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Added to my TBR pile: the Wayward Pines trilogy, which I ordered after reading all the praise here.
    Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Thanks Michael. And yes, this Wayward Pines trilogy - I'll have to check that out too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    Finally working my way through the Song of Fire and Ice series.... HOLY CRAP... these are AWESOME!!!!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm so jealous of anyone experiencing the Wayward Pines series for the first time. Such great books.

Currently reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. While it's been pretty fun so far, I've hit a bump and am struggling to finish it at the moment.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm so jealous of anyone experiencing the Wayward Pines series for the first time. Such great books.

Currently reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. While it's been pretty fun so far, I've hit a bump and am struggling to finish it at the moment.
    Omg is it??!! So mad I waited to read them!!! I have one left but read one so fast I have to wait for he 3rd as I am flying out west and needed a larger book.... City of Mirrors... Is all I wanted and more so far!! I love the recommendations here on books... Read more now than I ever did. Thanks everyone.. Too many to name... But thank you so much. Dying to read the next 100 pages!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy is great, stick with it!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy is great, stick with it!
    I plan to. I've made it too far to quit now.
    I don't fault the book for me hitting a reading slump, because I have enjoyed it up until this point. The book is pretty damn brilliant, to be honest.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FennyBate View Post
    You're in for a real treat, peripheral - 'The Beautiful Thing...' is a great collection. Contains one of my all time favourite stories - the incredible "The Men From Porlock".
    Lincoln.
    Awesome Lincoln, thanks. I'll look out for that one.
    I agree with the rec 100%. From what I've seen on other boards, people are really into Barron or they can't stand him. I'm in the first category. I'm not a fanboy though, X's for Eyes was just too obnoxious, I couldn't even get through the entire novella. The Beautiful Thing is his best work IMO.

Brian Hodge is similar to Barron in a sense that he's wordy and does fine sentence architecture. His writing is a touch more straight forward so if Barron is too nebulous, give Hodge a try. He writes mostly short stories and novellas. CD published his latest collection called Picking the Bones. His e-books are dirt cheap on Amazon.

Reading: A Case of Conscience by James Blish. After that is High-Rise by Ballard and then new Gaiman and Hill. I'd like to say I randomly pick what I'm reading, but my next few months are already planned out (I group books by a theme).

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just picked up The Two Towers this morning. Hoping to crank through this one quicker than Fellowship. Really want to get back to some SK after this series.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

City of Mirrors... should finish this weekend... what a great ending so far. Have about a 100 pages left... then last Wayward Pines book (CANT wait) and then EOD.... after that... coming here to ask what I should get into next!!!??????? So far other than the Southern Reach Trilogy (which is the worst series of books I have ever read.. sorry to all that liked it) EVERYTHING I have read by the great folks here I have loved!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Trying to read Ghost Story by Straub but I'm struggling to get anywhere. Put it to the side for now. There are plenty of King books I still need to get to. Started on BOBD last night until my BCE of EOW arrives next week. Although most don't seem to be fans; I love the Hodges series so far and can't wait to dig in!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Charles L. Grant - Stunts

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just started The Fireman. Loving it so far.

Webstar, have you read A Head Full of Ghosts yet? That's one that I just read last year and really enjoyed.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Webstar, have you read A Head Full of Ghosts yet? That's one that I just read last year and really enjoyed.
    Nope. I will though. You have NOT steered me wrong. I am blowing through City of Mirrors cause I wanna get to the last book in Wayward~!~
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

City of Mirrors here as well...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Have almost finished book 1 of Ann-Kathrin Karschnick´s dystropic Tesla-Punk love crime PHOENIX trilogie...
    VERY VERY nice, can´t wait to read the other 2 books.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I just looked up the Wayward Pines trilogy because I have never heard of it before and it sounds AMAZING. I'm a giant Twin Peaks fan, so I'm so excited to start this soon. Thanks guys!

Also, Amanda, I recently read the first 4 Hitchhiker's books and while I was really enjoying them, for some reason I just couldn't finish and had to walk away. I will eventually read the rest, but I'm just not motivated to do it. And it's weird, because like I said, I like them!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You should avoid Wayward Pines spoilers at all costs, if you can!

I really liked The Fireman and End of Watch. I could not put Wayward Pines down - read all three in four days, in between family, studying and my job. Best read so far in 2016 for me. Need to get to City of Mirrors but I'm afraid that I'll need to reread Passage and Twelve first. Maybe I'll start with The Fifth Heart instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I just looked up the Wayward Pines trilogy because I have never heard of it before and it sounds AMAZING. I'm a giant Twin Peaks fan, so I'm so excited to start this soon. Thanks guys!
    I love Twin Peaks too, can't wait for the new season to start!

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    You should avoid Wayward Pines spoilers at all costs, if you can!

I really liked The Fireman and End of Watch. I could not put Wayward Pines down - read all three in four days, in between family, studying and my job. Best read so far in 2016 for me. Need to get to City of Mirrors but I'm afraid that I'll need to reread Passage and Twelve first. Maybe I'll start with The Fifth Heart instead...
    I agree. Luckily I read it before the tv show. I'm assuming you haven't seen it yet, and if not I'd hold off until you read the books. The surprises in the story are really good, and it'd be better if nothing was spoiled beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Nope. I will though. You have NOT steered me wrong. I am blowing through City of Mirrors cause I wanna get to the last book in Wayward~!~
    I hope the trend continues

I guess after I finish The Fireman I should finally start with The Passage.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess after I finish The Fireman I should finally start with The Passage.
    Do it! You're lucky that you can just plow through all three now!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Yes... That series is so well done. You just have too!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished the Wayward Pines trilogy as well. Great series. Now on to the tv show.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Just finished the Wayward Pines trilogy as well. Great series. Now on to the tv show.
    Be prepared to BE DISAPPOINTED
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Just started End of Watch.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Just started End of Watch.
    Little over half way through, Paul and I'm really enjoying it.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Anxiously waiting for my copy to get here!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Traveler Mister_Oy will become famous soon enough Mister_Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just read the David Eddings Belgariad stuff. Belgariad, Mallorean, Belgarath and Polgara. Really enjoyed them but the last one started to get a bit tiring towards the end. Still - a good set of 12 books!

Changing tack a bit now - just started Stephen Baxter's "Time's Tapestry" series - No1. Emperor. I've really enjoyed his alternative history stuff in the past so fingers crossed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 596 of 714 FirstFirst ... 96 496 546 586 594 595 596 597 598 606 646 696 ... LastLast