Page 40 of 714 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 540 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I Am Legend
    Richard Matheson

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    look. if i had the fucking philosopher's stone version, i'd list it as such. i lost mine. now all i have is this crummy paperback, that has been revised for american english speakers AND has little stupid bits added in. like at the sorting, it talks about dean being a "tall Black boy." wtf is up with capitalizing it?
    I knew the title was different. I didn't know they changed the text.
    Now I need HP and the Philosopher's Stone.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler JWskiman is on a distinguished road JWskiman's Avatar

I'm a sicko... like Roland, I started on the wheel again. Just can't help myself... I hear the singing......

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I Am Legend
    Richard Matheson
    Ooh, let me know how that one is. I almost picked it up the other day.

Other than than, I'm still reading Bag of Bones. I just picked up a copy of The Colorado Kid, so that's next!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I knew the title was different. I didn't know they changed the text.
    Now I need HP and the Philosopher's Stone.
    it's just little stuff, substituting americanized words for british ones for the most part. there are little things that were adjusted, though.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate when books are changed though. I need the original.

Daghain, I am Legend is a great book.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, I will put it on the list.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished LOLITA the other day. Excellent book although I had no pity whatsoever for ol' Humbert. Very well written, kudos to Nabokov.

Now reading THE ROAD by Cormac McCarthy based on a strong recommendation from Man from Westernesse (a.k.a. Brian).

I'm not far into the story but so far it feels like some sort of parallel other-world tale about twinners of Roland and Jake. On that basis alone I recommend it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I Am Legend is fantastic

I'm rereading The Salmon of Doubt- Douglas Adams, and then I'm going to start on Heart Shaped Box - which I've said a few times...but this time I really am!!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Heart Shaped Box is excellent. 20th Century Ghosts (his short story collection) is also. I haven't read Salmon Of Doubt, but love Douglas Adams. Is it good?

If you rescue me

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It really is lovely actually, Brice. Basically he was writing a new Dirk Gently story and died before he completed it, but what he'd written so far makes up the latter half of the book. The first half is just allsorts of bits and bobs they found lurking in his hard drive - introductions to books he'd written, old newspaper columns etc.

To describe it better (and be self indulgent at the same time ) heres a review a wrote for it at another site years ago:
    Douglas Adams
    The Salmon of Doubt

If, after reading this book, you feel you'd like to settle down in a comfy chair, with something by Wodehouse and a cup of Earl Grey - then you've taken away with you some of the finer points of this collection.

If you feel perhaps you'd also like to listen to Bach, expand your Beatles collection, holiday in Australia, buy a Mac, help save the rhino, become an atheist, eat Japanese food, befriend large poodles and find a cure for hangovers - then you're really onto something.

If you'd like to do all these things whilst living in Santa Fe, New Mexico and reading everything Douglas Noel Adams ever wrote, in your spare time, then congratulations! You enjoyed The Salmon of Doubt as much as I did.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds great! I'll have to check it out. And I love your review.

If you rescue me

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Heart Shaped Box is excellent
    Ruki told me about this book, she said the same thing. It's definitely on my To Read list for next year.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You should move it up higher on the list my friend.

If you rescue me

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree

I am listening to "Stationary Bike" Its a short story by SK, pretty good so far.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice Chassit is on a distinguished road Chassit's Avatar

I'm currently between book. I am thinking of picking up Blaze, worth it?
    "See the TURTLE of enormous girth,
    On his shell he holds the earth.
    If you want to run and play,
    Come along the BEAM today."

NFA JJG 42-95

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I would say so. Its a very easy read but I really got close to Blaze during my time with him
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright, I'll pick it up on December 31st and I'll start reading it at 11:59 p.m

the Salmon of Doubt is something i read whenever i need a good laugh. i've read it 5 or 6 times over the last few years...it always makes me a bit sad, though.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

</tissue>

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Alright, I'll pick it up on December 31st and I'll start reading it at 11:59 p.m

If you rescue me

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading The Memory of Running, by Ron McLarty. Reccommended to me by Avalonian a while back. I hope he's doing well.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading Confessor by Terry Goodkind and reading like crazy. I'm trying to slow down and savor it though because it's the last book of the series.
    Last edited by Erin; 11-15-2007 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Too many eating metaphors made me sound like a fat chick hunting for food.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

the Salmon of Doubt is something i read whenever i need a good laugh. i've read it 5 or 6 times over the last few years...it always makes me a bit sad, though.
    I've had that book for close to a year now, but I still haven't gotten around to reading it, which is awful since I'm such a huge Douglas Adams fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    I've had that book for close to a year now, but I still haven't gotten around to reading it, which is awful since I'm such a huge Douglas Adams fan.
    you really should. it will make you miss him like nothing else ever could.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 714 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 540 ... LastLast