Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 590 of 714 FirstFirst ... 90 490 540 580 588 589 590 591 592 600 640 690 ... LastLast
Results 14,726 to 14,750 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    UTD was one of the fastest fat books I have ever read. I couldn't put it down! For me it was well paced, I just didn't like the ending.
    I'm currently reading McCammon's Baal.
    Same here, KJ on the ending.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Strange, I loved UTD and place it in my top 10 easily. Maybe top 5. It just goes to show that everyone is different.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I agree. I loved Under the Dome, just minus the ending. But I'm used to that with King.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I would put the UTD in my Top Ten King books. Maybe the ending was not the best part of the overall story but the story overall is fantastic. The intricacies of having a small town under lock down and all that came from that was what was so special about the book for me. The ending, not his best but I did like it. I honestly never could think of a better way to end that story.

I certainly liked Under the Dome the Novel better than the TV Series.

Currently reading Merrick by Anne Rice and not really liking it all that much. Not her best by any means ( I haven't gotten to Lestat's part yet) but it remains a fascinating world she has created.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Reading The Fireman.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Replay - great book! Tonight I'm going to start Simmons' The Fifth Heart.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have never stopped reading a book... and I find myself FIGHTING through Illium by Simmons... I may have to plow through it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Really? I'm notorious for quitting a book, sometimes only a page or two in

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also very seldom abandon a book and have ploughed through many. But there have been some where I end up throwing in the towel. Sometimes it's just not worth the pain.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

It's not something I take pride in but I've abandoned many a book. Some of them were by my favourite writers. I've tried Neal Stephenson a few times but his books simply never clicked with me. Zoe's Tale by Scalzi made me furious, so fucking annoying. My record is exactly a single page into The Night Boat by McCammon. His later works made me dislike his early efforts.

Maybe I'm missing out on some good stories but I'm OK with it. There are books I actually want to read but don't have time to. There are around 100 between Gene Wolfe and PKD alone I wish I could have downloaded direct into my brain.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I hate to give up on a book, but that doesn't mean I won't do it. Life's too short to waste it on boring books.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I hate to give up on a book, but that doesn't mean I won't do it. Life's too short to waste it on boring books.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i've given up on plenty of books too. Wizard & Glass i had to have read about half of the book about a dozen or times before i finally was able to finally finish it a couple years back. there are a few other king books i've started but just never finished well not yet anyways. it doesn't mean i think the book is utter shit either it just means that i lost interest. there are books that were utter shit that i forced myself to read and that's the girl who loved Tom Gordon that's a book i've said many times i had to force myself to finish cause it was just fucking boring as hell.

anyways i'm currently reading "The Bone Collector' by Jeffery Deaver. i absolutely LOVE the film and from my understanding other than very few things that were changed like Lincoln Rhyme's Aid in the book where it's a woman in the film it's a dude in the book. and though i'm only on chapter 3. another thing that was different was Angelie Jolie or however her name is spelled? well her character in the film takes pics of the crime scene before any of the cops got there she does one of that in the book.
    in fact on how early i am in the book she hasn't even met him yet!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

W&G was by far my favorite in the series. But then again, I'm a sucker for that sappy, sad shit.

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished 'The Passage', which was fantastic. Would like to jump straight into 'The Twelve', but some shorter fiction in between is in order, I think. So, back to '20th Century Ghosts', by Joe Hill. The last story I read in it was 'Abraham's Boys', and it was excellent.

Honestly, I can't remember looking forward to two upcoming books so much - Joe Hill's 'The Fireman' and Cronin's 'City of Mirrors'.
    Lincoln.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FennyBate View Post
    Finished 'The Passage', which was fantastic. Would like to jump straight into 'The Twelve', but some shorter fiction in between is in order, I think. So, back to '20th Century Ghosts', by Joe Hill. The last story I read in it was 'Abraham's Boys', and it was excellent.

Honestly, I can't remember looking forward to two upcoming books so much - Joe Hill's 'The Fireman' and Cronin's 'City of Mirrors'.
    Lincoln.
    I have to do this also. It lets me process the book in my mind before jumping into the next novel.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    i've given up on plenty of books too. Wizard & Glass i had to have read about half of the book about a dozen or times before i finally was able to finally finish it a couple years back. there are a few other king books i've started but just never finished well not yet anyways. it doesn't mean i think the book is utter shit either it just means that i lost interest. there are books that were utter shit that i forced myself to read and that's the girl who loved Tom Gordon that's a book i've said many times i had to force myself to finish cause it was just fucking boring as hell.

anyways i'm currently reading "The Bone Collector' by Jeffery Deaver. i absolutely LOVE the film and from my understanding other than very few things that were changed like Lincoln Rhyme's Aid in the book where it's a woman in the film it's a dude in the book. and though i'm only on chapter 3. another thing that was different was Angelie Jolie or however her name is spelled? well her character in the film takes pics of the crime scene before any of the cops got there she does one of that in the book.
    in fact on how early i am in the book she hasn't even met him yet!
    I read the book years ago before the movie. I rarely watch a movie after a book since I am typically disappointed. Case in point, Ender's Game. Should I try The Bone Collector movie?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I agree. I loved Under the Dome, just minus the ending. But I'm used to that with King.
    quite

I can't now remember if we ever included the "ending" category when we voted on King books. I wonder which would win; UtD must be at the very bottom, anyway.

Though I (who loved UtD) accepted the ending as it was: I can't help feeling that Sai King sees inside him more than he can tell, and sometimes just wriggles out of his own visions by way of providing a digestible palliative.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    W&G was by far my favorite in the series. But then again, I'm a sucker for that sappy, sad shit.
    Yeah me too. W&G was my 2nd favorite. Drawing of the Three my favorite. But I loved W&G for the same sappy reasons.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FennyBate View Post

Lincoln.
    The Twelve has a different tempo than The Passage. Taking a break between the two actually makes some sense.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    quite

I can't now remember if we ever included the "ending" category when we voted on King books. I wonder which would win; UtD must be at the very bottom, anyway.

Though I (who loved UtD) accepted the ending as it was: I can't help feeling that Sai King sees inside him more than he can tell, and sometimes just wriggles out of his own visions by way of providing a digestible palliative.
    I think Cell had the worst ending. Just saying.

John

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I think Cell had the worst ending. Just saying.
    John
    You'd get no argument from me.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't even remember the ending of Cell. How did it end again?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Cell was my first King. It's only chance that I picked up something else by him. I clearly remember not wanting to ever read him again. I can't remember what the next one was but I'm pretty sure it must've been one of the first five.

Reading: I Am Crying All Inside by Clifford D. Simak. I saw it posted here and looked it up. The e-book happened to be discounted to $3 and I jumped on it. Great collection.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 590 of 714 FirstFirst ... 90 490 540 580 588 589 590 591 592 600 640 690 ... LastLast