Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 714 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 579 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

*faints, and falls down & drown's in a puddle of drool*

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

dude?

i didn't know you were epileptic!

"So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by blackrose22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Just finished God Emperor of Dune by Frank Herbert and now on to Heretics of Dune book 5 in the series.
    Excellent! my opinion is stop after you read Chapter House.
    Don't worry I intend too. At this stage I think I'm turning in a sandworm myself Haven't heard any good reports about the books his son Brian and Kevin J Anderson wrote after Franks death so I think I'll give them a skip.
    heh I read all of them just because I was curious. the Brian and KJA books go off the track a bit and Sandworms of Dune has a crapy ending to the whole thing. And of course, I hear Paul of Dune mini is coming out soon.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

I'm currently reading some aramaic popyri.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

anyone here read Steve Erickson?

i have a co-worker that's always pushing that on me. Is he any good?
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Good one Monte! I read that in high school and really enjoyed it.

My mother is a fish....

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    Damn is right, and here I am all excited because when I got home from work yesterday there were two boxes sitting on my table in the living room.
    Box # 1 contained my new Audio book (thankyou Matt) of The Drawing of The Three, and box # 2 is my new copy of Blaze ! I am spoiled with choice!
    What a wonderful dilemma.....too much King !
    There is no such thing as too much King.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
    required reading for a class, but i'm enjoying it a lot.
    it's somewhat depressing though
    free time book? i'm on the waste lands again...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I finished Duma Key and Lovedeath by Dan Simmons.

I'm now reading The Ideal Genuine Man by Don Robertson.
    This is REALLY weird about the Don Robertson book.

Spoiler:
    I don't think I've ever read a book about a mass murderer who's done no killing (except for a dog and nazis during wartime) at 200 pages into the book. The book is only 261 pages. Almost as strange...the murderer is elderly. It is an excellent and well written book too.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Unfound One View Post
    The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
    required reading for a class, but i'm enjoying it a lot.
    it's somewhat depressing though
    it is depressing, but it is still very good, and her sense of humor and power of observation are spectacular. I read it maybe three or four times, glad you're enjoying it!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oooh, I have The Bell Jar on my list, too. Guess I'll move that up a few notches!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm done with my "people of the" book and have moved on to Everythings Eventual

Figured it could use a re read
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm done with my "people of the" book and have moved on to Everythings Eventual

Figured it could use a re read
    Matt, just thumbed through that myself over the weekend. I really enjoyed Everything's Eventual (short story). I forgot how cool Dinky was. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished God Emperor of Dune by Frank Herbert and now on to Heretics of Dune book 5 in the series.
    Excellent! my opinion is stop after you read Chapter House.
    Don't worry I intend too. At this stage I think I'm turning in a sandworm myself Haven't heard any good reports about the books his son Brian and Kevin J Anderson wrote after Franks death so I think I'll give them a skip.
    heh I read all of them just because I was curious. the Brian and KJA books go off the track a bit and Sandworms of Dune has a crapy ending to the whole thing. And of course, I hear Paul of Dune mini is coming out soon.
    Finished Heretics of Dune now on to the final book of the series Chapter House Dune.
    I take Paul of Dune is a book or is a TV minis series?

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Its been oh I don't know a day since I opened Blaze,
    and the are only a few pages left.I have so far enjoyed this book.
    Spoiler:
    The police /FBI have Blaze surounded in the field behind HH
    and, like all good King reads I put the book down for a while not wanting it to end just yet.Next I think I'll tuck into an undetermined Anne Rice
    that I got today in the mail ( a gift from John Blaze )There are several titles that I've yet to read its been along time since I've read any AR. I am very much looking forward to the trip down memory lane with my old favs The Mayfair Witches, or maybe a vampire tale.......

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Finished A Winter Haunting by Dan Simmons. Didn't really care for this one. It got a little interesting near the end, but not enough to save the story for me. Actually I wish I just read Summer of Night, and never picked this one up. I didn't care for how he had the characters turn out as adults.

Now I'm onto The Dark Half, per the suggestion of several people here. So far I'm really enjoying it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy

YAY!

yesterday my wife bought me The Good Earth, by Pearl S. Buck.

it's always been one of my favorites, and i hadn't been able to find a copy. She bought it for me at a used bookstore.

I my wife.

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Good one Monte! I read that in high school and really enjoyed it.

My mother is a fish....
    Thanks!
    I'm only about 30 pages in...no real opinion on it so far. It isn't boring me but I'm not excited about it. Yet.

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I just read I Am Legend, after seeing the movie, it's really good.

M.I.A. Unfound One is on a distinguished road Unfound One's Avatar

this talk of Dune reminds me how much i loved those books as well.
    i only read the first 4 though, should i go on?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Imo, no! But I'm sure many (like Mord) would disagree

Citizen of Gilead blackrose22 is on a distinguished road blackrose22's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally finished the Dunes series by finishing Chapter House Dune this evening. An intense series of books.

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sometimes They Come Back in Night Shift
    MACAIN FOR PRESIDENT

DONT VOTE HILARY

(SHES THE ANTICHRIST)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 714 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 579 ... LastLast