+ Reply to Thread
Page 632 of 632 FirstFirst ... 132 532 582 622 630 631 632
Results 15,776 to 15,779 of 15779

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gunslinger jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic has much to be proud of jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I first read Pet Sematary while I was traveling on business in a VERY small airport (two gates!) in Virginia at about 9 in the evening. I was the only person except for the ticketing agent, who was usually in the back room, in the entire building. Talk about spooky! This was just after it was published.

John
    Good story, but imagine if you'd been reading The Night Flier instead...
    When I first read The Night Flier envisioned that same airport.

John

Losers Club Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19's Avatar

I bet that made it even creepier!
    We all float down here

The Tenant Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean has much to be proud of Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears have been reading tons of Russian horrors

didn't even know such a genre existed. It sure hadn't before ten or fifteen years ago, except some classics (like Gogol) and elements of horror in regular novels of various authors. Well, the genre exists and, quite unexpectedly, prospers. There are authors who write genuinely creepy, scary, sometimes incredibly sick things - that don't read like anything I've read before; I mean, it's not imitation of anything already existing in the world (which I feared for some reason), but mainly totally original approach, based on our lore, history, locale, folk tales and urban legends etc. Bears are very impressed and only regret can't share none of it here.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (pablo)

I still had some honor. I still have some now.

To all bearfriends: please read this and/or watch this

Kurt Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    My list of unread King books is so small and I'm really debating finally giving Pet Sematary a go sometime soon. I've shied away from it because I'm scared of how it might upset me as a parent, but I keep telling myself that I've encountered some pretty rough things in King books already an I survived.
    Thought #1: You haven't read it yet?!

Thought #2: Oh yeah, it'll destroy you.
    1. I saw the movie so much growing up that it took away any interest I had in reading the book because I felt like I already knew the story.
    2. I know, right?
    I still have a feeling I'm gonna give in one day and read it.

I first read Pet Sematary while I was traveling on business in a VERY small airport (two gates!) in Virginia at about 9 in the evening. I was the only person except for the ticketing agent, who was usually in the back room, in the entire building. Talk about spooky! This was just after it was published.

John
    Ooh, talk about setting the right "tone" for the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

John
    That is cool, John! I re-read The Stand (Uncut) while on sentry duty in the military on night shift. This was about time that Grunge music had hit the airwaves and I had it playing softly in the background while I read. So every time I hear a song from that time period, it takes me back to those long nights spent with Stu and the gang. And of course the Walking Dude.
    Awesome! I love it when music has the ability to take me back to a specific book/story. It's pretty neat how, no matter how many years pass, you can't not think of that story when you hear a certain song.

"P.S. I can't believe you do that pen thing. Awesome. Just fucking awesome."
    ~Fernandito

+ Reply to Thread
Page 632 of 632 FirstFirst ... 132 532 582 622 630 631 632