Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 226 of 714 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 276 326 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,650 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finishing up The Graveyard Book and have absolutely loved it... I was told to read Lucifer's Hammer but am not sure if that will be next....

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Graveyard Book was awesome, but then again - pretty much everything by Gaiman is Have you read anything else by him?

Country
    Country Flag

Not yet... what would be a good one to start with? I picked up Graveyard Book on a whime...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely go with American Gods. If you don't fall in love with Gaiman's style after AG, then there's something wrong with you

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I am reading Dark Tower The Drawing of the Three. this is my fifth time reading the series. I am also reading the Dark Tower Comics and The Stand Comics.

Traveler jonbocop is on a distinguished road jonbocop's Avatar

I flipped through The Stand comic (the first one) and i didn't really like the art. I guess I'm really partial to those Bernie Whatshisname pen and ink drawings that came with the book. Those were so severe and cool looking.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Definitely go with American Gods. If you don't fall in love with Gaiman's style after AG, then there's something wrong with you
    quoted for truth.

has anyone else read and/or listened to child of all nations by irmgard keun? i just finished it and i have to say that i'm at a bit of a loss here. i would say that i don't want to give anything away but there really isn't anything to give away. it's just the ramblings of this little girl about her growing up in different places. it's very jumpy, disjointed, and at times more than a little boring.

if anyone else has read or listened to this novel i'd appreciate your input. maybe it's worth a second listen? maybe i missed some key elements? i'm just very confused by it right now. confused more in the why did i read it sense. . . .

oh, and just for the bear and razz. i have downloaded blaze and am going to give it another go. we'll see. . . . there must be something there that i am missing and sometimes when i listen to a book it gets into me more than just reading it can. if you both give it such high marks then it must be a worthwhile read. so i'll let you know how it goes. :crosses fingers:

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Lady of Shadows View Post
    oh, and just for the bear and razz. i have downloaded blaze and am going to give it another go. we'll see. . . . there must be something there that i am missing and sometimes when i listen to a book it gets into me more than just reading it can. if you both give it such high marks then it must be a worthwhile read. so i'll let you know how it goes. :crosses fingers:
    But, love, razzes and bears are notorious for their bad taste!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, and that's the plural of razz. . .

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I recently finished Storm Dragon, a pulp fantasy Eberron novel by James Wyatt and am just getting into Storm Front, the first of the Dresden File books.

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    I recently finished Storm Dragon, a pulp fantasy Eberron novel by James Wyatt and am just getting into Storm Front, the first of the Dresden File books.
    EXCELLENT! the dresden books are great reading! let us know how you like them.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Once I'm done with It (about a two thirds to go), I'll be reading this monster:

I want to read the new translation sometime in the future. I watched an interview of Edith Grossman on the Jim Lehrer NewsHour a few years ago and was very impressed. The last translation I read was a Penguin paperback published sometime in the mid-80s, which relied on a translation that was done in the '50s.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

And, after some strong prodding by a good friend,

on the edith grossman as a translator question: gabriel garcia marquez is one of my favorite authors ever. i have everything he's every written and i've worked very hard to ensure that my copies are translated by edith grossman. sometimes it's not been possible so i've had to get something else and then get the grossman translation later, but i've found her translations wonderfully lyrical and rich.

and ruthful, what is the first book? all i can see is a red X. thanks.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    But, love, razzes and bears are notorious for their bad taste!
    I must say, I also enjoyed it.

and unlike bears and razzes, I have excellent taste.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

and ruthful, what is the first book? all i can see is a red X. thanks.
    D'oh!

Anyway, here's the book I'm reading now:

http://www.mcclelland.com/catalog/di...=9780771046186

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Harlan Ellison-Slippage
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

American Gods got it... i'll put off Crichton's Next a little longer then. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by what; 04-20-2009 at 07:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

Insomnia:
    i keep having to restart it 'cause i never can find time to read
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by what View Post
    American Gods got it... i'll put off Crichton's Next a little longer then. Thanks guys!
    Wise choice , my friend. Wise choice.

Punto Ka dotKay is on a distinguished road dotKay's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I started Monster, by Jonathan Kellerman

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

The Book of the Dead: Complete History of Zombie Cinema

It's been sitting on my bookshelf for awhile, so I decided to finally crack it open.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

on the edith grossman as a translator question: gabriel garcia marquez is one of my favorite authors ever. i have everything he's every written and i've worked very hard to ensure that my copies are translated by edith grossman. sometimes it's not been possible so i've had to get something else and then get the grossman translation later, but i've found her translations wonderfully lyrical and rich.
    You like GGM?
    I love you!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Guess I'll just pick up where I left off on Just After Sunset while I wait for my book to arrive in the mail...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 226 of 714 FirstFirst ... 126 176 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 276 326 ... LastLast