Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 483 of 714 FirstFirst ... 383 433 473 481 482 483 484 485 493 533 583 ... LastLast
Results 12,051 to 12,075 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading mostly weirdo and fantasy books this month. I'm probably going to start something by Raymond E. Feist next. I just finished An Evil Guest by Gene Wolfe. Not his best, I'd give it 3.5 out of 5. It has a puply feel to it but it's also science fiction and there is even some Ctulhu Mythos in there. Strange book indeed.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I'm reading mostly weirdo and fantasy books this month. I'm probably going to start something by Raymond E. Feist next.
    Don't!

sk

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

You present a convicing argument! Kidding. I'll listen to you anyways. I looked at the cover and I see some magician with a cape fighting a dragon and a devil on a cliff by the ocean and yeah, pass. There is also a map of some made up land. I was going to give myself a break and read something light after two Dan Simmons epics (roughly 2000 pages total) but now I'll pick up Voice of the Fire by Alan Moore. It's a novel, not a comic book btw.

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Hawkmoon: The Jewel in the Skull

Hawkmoon: The Mad God's Amulet

Both Moorcock's work. Good stuff if you're into science fantasy.

Country
    Country Flag

Carlos Ruiz Zafon - The Prince of Mist
    Alan Moore - Voice of the Fire
    Douglas Adams - Hitchiker's Guide 1
    Dan Simmons - The Rise of Endymion

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

currently reading: Northanger Abbey (adoring it!)

and!!! at last!!! reading (it can't quite be called "reading" yet, but anyway) my first book in Polish!!! Wszystko czerwone by Joanna Chmielewska.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I started Little Women last night... not my favorite, but I'm not that far in. Right now it seems like the only conflict is "our lives aren't perfect, but we like them anyway."

I think after this I'm going to try some Charles Dickens.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Good idea. Nothing better to hate than a Dickens antagonist.

Country
    Country Flag

Tim Powers - Salvage and Demolition

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He is Legend

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Tim Powers - Salvage and Demolition
    I finished this in one sitting. It's a 150 pager novella and could be a great introduction for a new possible Powers reader. Not as layered as his longer works but just enough fancy wordplay to make the book stand out heads and shoulders above most authors.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Hawkmoon: The Runestaff. The last five pages were utterly tragic. Moreso than the conclusion of the Elric saga.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Faerie Tales by Raymond Feist

Gunslinger Apprentice RolandLover will become famous soon enough RolandLover will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished "Defending Jacob" by William Landay..good murder mystery.

Country
    Country Flag

PKD -The Man in the High Castle
    Arthur C. Clarke - The Songs of the Distant Earth

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Nemo! by Ray Bradbury
    Einstein's Dreams by Alan Lightman
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I found a first edition of Roots with a bookmark signed included by Arthur Haley in a used book shop for $8 so I'm reading (actually rereading. I read it a couple decades ago) that now. Also I am reading Let The Right One In and picked up hardcover firsts of Straub's Shadowland and Simmons' Summer Of Night so those will be hopefully read soon too...unless I find other diversions.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm interested to hear what other people think about Let the Right One In. I heard it was really popular, but I was underwhelmed when I read it.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So far I'm really enjoying it.

I'm also reading my first Doctor Who book...Doctor Who And The Seeds of Doom by Philip Hinchcliffe w/an introduction by Harlan Ellison.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nice! I haven't read many of the Target novelizations. One of the more recent reprints with the gold logo, correct?
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    I'm interested to hear what other people think about Let the Right One In. I heard it was really popular, but I was underwhelmed when I read it.
    Is the novel a considerable expansion - mythos wise - in comparison to the film?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Nice! I haven't read many of the Target novelizations. One of the more recent reprints with the gold logo, correct?
    No, it's one of the older Pinnacle Books paperbacks from back when Doctor Who first got stateside attention. We have many of these at my house I've never got around to reading. What you'd love best: Harlan Ellison in his introduction speaks on going to a sci fi convention and talking about the greatest sci fi to ever hit the screen. Hint: It's not Star Trek or Star Wars. He was an early american devotee. Michael Moorcock introduced him to it.

If you rescue me

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Brilliant. Ah yes, the Pinnacle Books. They had a slightly weird logo on them, didn't they? Seen them about, but never bought 'em.

There's a few reprints of the Target novelisations over here with brand new introductions from numerous authors and Who writers, including Neil Gaiman, Stephen Baxter and Charlie Higson. There's also a range of 50th anniversary reprints of mostly original novels, although oddly enough, the reprint for the 7th Doctor is not only a novelisation, it's the one I'm most keen to read. Even got a signed copy of it, just haven't had the time to read it. Remembrance of the Daleks, one of my favourite Dalek stories. I'll let you know how it is when I read it.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    I really liked it (I think we may have talked about it before). Handling the Undead was phenomenal, though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 483 of 714 FirstFirst ... 383 433 473 481 482 483 484 485 493 533 583 ... LastLast