Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 585 of 714 FirstFirst ... 85 485 535 575 583 584 585 586 587 595 635 685 ... LastLast
Results 14,601 to 14,625 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    My first ever Robert McCammon: Speaks the Nightbird
    One of McCammon's very best! It's a huge book, but you'll love it.
    I hope.

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm about to start the 3rd book of the Wayward Pines series. I can't remember who recommended it, but a huge THANK YOU to whomever it was! I've really enjoyed the other 2, and can't wait to see how the series finishes!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I'm about to start the 3rd book of the Wayward Pines series. I can't remember who recommended it, but a huge THANK YOU to whomever it was! I've really enjoyed the other 2, and can't wait to see how the series finishes!
    That's one of my favorites.

Just started listening to A Storm of Swords. Really loving these books so far.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    You have no idea how happy that makes me.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Started re-reading The Drawing of the Three. Almost finished Cujo. My opinion about it hasn't changed, it's still a bottom ten SK book. Dreadful at parts.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Julia by Peter Straub. So far one of Straub's better books. His early stuff is really good. I have a hard time following some of his newer books and novellas.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

are the GRRM audiobook presentations unabridged?
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm pretty sure they are. They're insanely long, this one is 40 something hours. Good thing I have a long commute and can sometimes listen at work.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The GRRM ASOIAF audiobooks are unabridged and therefore, as Heather said, insanely long. I love the reader. I listened to all of them on a series of 6-hour drives I was doing for a while.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I, for some inane reason, have never had (until recently) a CD player in my car. (probably because most of my previous vehicles were PoS). I bought a new car last year with the bells and whistles and have been pretty darn happy listening to books on CD for the last 12 months.

I've been working my way through the Divergent series, John Grisham, and some Michael Connelly books.

I think i need to add ASoIaF to the pile for my "re-Read" lol!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

I, for some inane reason, have never had (until recently) a CD player in my car. (probably because most of my previous vehicles were PoS). I bought a new car last year with the bells and whistles and have been pretty darn happy listening to books on CD for the last 12 months.

I've been working my way through the Divergent series, John Grisham, and some Michael Connelly books.

Do you have a smart phone? I found out that you can borrow audiobooks from the library. There's an app so you can listen on your phone, which is perfect for the car. I just plug it in and listen thru the stereo in the car.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you have a smart phone? I found out that you can borrow audiobooks from the library. There's an app so you can listen on your phone, which is perfect for the car. I just plug it in and listen thru the stereo in the car.
    yah I just have to figure out how to do it, lol. Most of my CD listens are from the library
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

yah I just have to figure out how to do it, lol. Most of my CD listens are from the library
    The app I have is called Overdrive. I'm pretty sure I might have gotten right from the library website, if not it should be in the app store. It was very easy to set up and get linked to my account.

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Julia by Peter Straub. So far one of Straub's better books. His early stuff is really good. I have a hard time following some of his newer books and novellas.
    'Julia' is great, I read it for the first time late last year. Though you probably wouldn't pick it as Straub if you didn't know. Centipede Press is meant to be doing a signed/limited, but haven't heard anything about it for a while.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading the rough draft of my third novel. It's so fucked up and twisted. I love it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm trying to decide on the next book. It has to be by Simmons but I'm not sure which one: Lovedeath, The Hollow Man, Illium.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I'm trying to decide on the next book. It has to be by Simmons but I'm not sure which one: Lovedeath, The Hollow Man, Illium.
    Illium is a heavy book, but I loved it. Kind of follows the Trojan war. If you like short stories Lovedeath is good. I have not read The Hollow Man yet. I just finished The Fall of Hyperion reread and took a one book break before starting my reread of Endymion. Love Simmons!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked The Hollow Man, it's completely different than what I expected.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

(completely irrelevant, but is it 'different than what I expected' or 'different from what I expected'? I wrote 'from' first but neither feels completely right)

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

11.22.63!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Country
    Country Flag

They're both OK.

"Different than I expected" works too.

Different-y.

I'm a big fan of H.G. Wells and Simmons so I named my band Hollowman *. Still need to read the book though so I figure that's just what I'll do.

* metalheads think we got our name because of the Swedish metal band Entombed. They have a record called Hollowman.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I really liked The Hollow Man, it's completely different than what I expected.
    I second this suggestion! The Hollow Man really stuck with me as a great novel, and I really did like the 'science' of it!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    (completely irrelevant, but is it 'different than what I expected' or 'different from what I expected'? I wrote 'from' first but neither feels completely right)
    Either is fine.

I would probably say, "The book with a remarque is different than the book without." and say, "The second edition is different from the first edition."
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Since we're on the topic of Simmons, I'm currently reading Summer of Night.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Since we're on the topic of Simmons, I'm currently reading Summer of Night.
    GREAT book!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 585 of 714 FirstFirst ... 85 485 535 575 583 584 585 586 587 595 635 685 ... LastLast