Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 304 of 714 FirstFirst ... 204 254 294 302 303 304 305 306 314 354 404 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,600 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    haven't read it, but I love your av/sig combo!
    QFT

Anyway, I'm reading a sci-fi book from the 80's that my grandfather randomly mailed to me called The Practice Effect. It's a bit hokey, but the general idea behind it is unique.

I'm also rereading Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson. I love this book, even though the math totally eludes and befuddles me.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I started the first few pages of Starship Troopers and just wasn't in the mindset to read it. I started Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk instead.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, let me know how you liked that one. I just finished it and thought it was FANTASTIC.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Survivor is nothing but amazing. It was my first Palahniuk book ever, and I think it was the right way to start out.

Tender is the man. B]
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just about to start The Tomb, the first Repairman Jack novel after hearing Daggers and CK talking about it on fb. Not that fb has any bearing on my daily life...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I think you'll like those, Darkers. I've read the first three so far and love them. It's like Stephen King meets Agatha Christie or something.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm almost finished and I've loved it...apt discription I just wish I'd bought more than one as I had to get it imported from the US and I want more NOW!!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I usually have to get them here from our locally-owned bookstore - B&N doesn't always have them.

I was less enthralled with book 2, but book 3 was AWESOME.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, some of the earlier Harry Dresden books were a means to get you well accquainted with the character before busting out meatier plots in later novels, I don't mind that

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, it was still good, but I think that the fact that #3 was even better kind of raised my expectations again. #3 has some hilarious stuff in it.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool, I'll buy both at once

Are there only 3 books?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cody44 View Post
    I started Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Oh, let me know how you liked that one. I just finished it and thought it was FANTASTIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    Survivor is nothing but amazing. It was my first Palahniuk book ever, and I think it was the right way to start out.
    Ironically, I saw this at Borders and decided to read the synopsis after you guys raving about it and I think it sounds pretty interesting. I've never read anything by him before, so I may have to get it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Darkers: twelve so far, plus related books: http://www.repairmanjack.com/faq_III.htm

And Ricky, I'd highly recommend it. I think it would be a great introduction to Chuck.

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

Just finished The Road. Very depressing, but what an interesting read. I'm all for bleak, end-of-world situations, and this one sure had that. But focusing on the human spirit in such a situation, told through the journey of a man and his little boy as they travel the wasted roads of a destroyed earth. like whoa.

Now i'm reading Invisible Monsters. I've never read any of Chuck Palanhuik's books, but i'm quickly becoming a fan of his. I've already burned through half the book and have been disgusted, amused, saddened and impressed so far.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Some light enjoyable reading. Tamora Pierce's Tortall Series.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read the all, but the Repairman Jack books/stories are excellent.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

They aboslutely are!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cody44 View Post
    I started Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjeso View Post
    Ironically, I saw this at Borders and decided to read the synopsis after you guys raving about it and I think it sounds pretty interesting. I've never read anything by him before, so I may have to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Beck View Post
    Now i'm reading Invisible Monsters. I've never read any of Chuck Palanhuik's books, but i'm quickly becoming a fan of his. I've already burned through half the book and have been disgusted, amused, saddened and impressed so far.

I just started Tell-All this morning.

Ricky I'd highly recommend picking up one of his books. I think Survivor would be a good introduction to him, as well as Fight Club
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Reading The Dracula Tape by Fred Saberhagen.

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Survivor was an amazing book! I enjoyed it every bit as much as Fight Club, it's a completely seperated monster of it's own. Palahniuk is the man, I just started Blockade Billy and tomorrow I'm going to pick up Invisible Monsters. So far, Blockade Billy isn't too bad, I'm a baseball fan though.

What's everyone's favorite Palahniuk novel?

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hop on over to the Chuck Palahniuk thread, Cody. I'll bet you get a better response there.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Portrait Of The Psychopath As A Young Woman by Edward Lee & Elisabeth Steffan

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

loving me some Tamora Pierce, Protector of the Small quartet.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

I'm currently reading "Interview with the Vampire" by Ann Rice. She is beautiful in the way she writes. She turns the English language into something wondrous to behold.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Shifters by Edward Lee & John Pelan

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 304 of 714 FirstFirst ... 204 254 294 302 303 304 305 306 314 354 404 ... LastLast