Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 580 of 714 FirstFirst ... 80 480 530 570 578 579 580 581 582 590 630 680 ... LastLast
Results 14,476 to 14,500 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Webstar, try Guillermo Del Toro & Chuck Hogan's The Strain trilogy. Erase the TV show from memory first.

Reading: Honeymoon in Hell - Frederic Brown. Interesting but maybe a little too quirky for me. I'm about to start Heinlein's "lost" novel, For Us, the Living.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading Deeper by Jeff Long.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Started and finished the Colorado Kid yesterday. It was ok, not the best but I didn't hate it. Still going strong on Fall of Hyperion, very dense and taking me awhile.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Started Misery over the weekend. I'm about 30 pages in and really enjoying it so far. I have tickets to see the play on the 19th and am going to try and finish the book before then.
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Anyone have a "end of the world" Book they love? Just about killed the Passage in a few days. Loved it....
    Swan Song is pretty good.
    Yes, it is.
    So is Brian Hodge's Dark Advent: excellent read!

sk

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone have a "end of the world" Book they love? Just about killed the Passage in a few days. Loved it....
    The Road and Cat's Cradle.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The Road and Cat's Cradle.
    Yes. The Stand is certainly a go-to as well in that sub-genre.

I'm waltzing my way through Rebel without a Crew. It's a fascinating account of how Robert Rodriguez made his first feature film, El Mariachi, told through his journal passages. Insightful and witty. I'm also re-reading Lemons Never Lie for fiction right now.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure how I forgot The Stand.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

You get 5 days in the hole for that.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Blood Music by Greg Bear is a great read and a fairly unique take on that genre. Another one that I personally love is The Devil Next Door by Tim Curran. It reminded me a bit of King's Cell, but a much more disturbingly gruesome and ultraviolent story. Reader beware for that one.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    You get 5 days in the hole for that.
    Better than five days in the chokey.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post

I'm waltzing my way through Rebel without a Crew. It's a fascinating account of how Robert Rodriguez made his first feature film, El Mariachi, told through his journal passages. Insightful and witty.
    Sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Restarted Wolves of the Calla after I put down the series last October.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I second recommendations for The Stand (obviously) and Cat's Cradle. I've heard great things about The Road, but haven't managed to read that one yet. I Am Legend is also a great end of world book, with a vampire twist!
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't get through Heinlein's For Us, The Living. Some neat ideas that he later used or improved upon. I liked the one where every war needs a referendum. For people for war, the enlisting information is on the back of the ballot and they have to report tomorrow. This apparently cut down on the mob mentality. When it was time act, civilians eager to send others to war proved to be as disinclined as soldiers who also voted no. Wars still happened but you really had to believe in them.

I did read his Time for the Stars in a day though. Adventure, science, ideas, and great pacing. Also finished Final Conversations with Philip K. Dick. An intimate look into a complex mind. He discusses and basically plots his unpublished novel Owl in the Daylight during the interview.

I'm sticking with Heinlein: The Man Who Sold the Moon.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    I second recommendations for The Stand (obviously) and Cat's Cradle. I've heard great things about The Road, but haven't managed to read that one yet. I Am Legend is also a great end of world book, with a vampire twist!
    The Road is great. It's practically bereft of levity, though.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I am really enjoying Bazaar of Bad Dreams more than I expected.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, really? I stopped about a fourth of the way through. None of the stories really captured me.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yeah I haven't gone back to it yet either. But I've never really been a huge fan of his short stories.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    The Road is great. It's practically bereft of levity, though.
    Agreed.
    All four are very different, but all good books.

Currently reading, THE GHOST BRIGADES, by John Scalzi.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

sk

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Yeah I haven't gone back to it yet either. But I've never really been a huge fan of his short stories.
    To me, it's his weakest collection.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I picked up Anna Karenina again. I didn't put it down because I didn't like it, quite the opposite, in fact. I just got sidetracked doing other stuff.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Midnight's Lair by Richard Laymon
    Listening to The Silent Hour by Michael Koryta

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Listening to The Silent Hour by Michael Koryta
    That's part of the Lincoln Perry series, right? I've read all but one of Koryta's stand-alone books, but haven't read any of the LP series.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 580 of 714 FirstFirst ... 80 480 530 570 578 579 580 581 582 590 630 680 ... LastLast