Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Arguments for the Kindle

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

It is absolute bullshit and the should be regulated. No wonder piracy is alive and well
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    It is absolute bullshit and the should be regulated. No wonder piracy is alive and well
    I see your point, but I really hate having to regulate. I hate government regulation, but this is frustrating. I don't want the government to get involved, but I would like to see people take action instead of just living with the problem. I college students all refused to buy books before class, some form of action would have to be taken. I feel this way about many things. If someone is angry about a company moving a call center overseas, boycott the company and get other people to do it as well. We've lost our ability to band together and fight for a cause, we just want mommy and daddy to get involved.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I think its because companies like this clearly dont give a shit about the customers, and people dont have time or want to rally enough to make a difference. College students are being GOUGED by text books and it flat out stealing. There is no reason they should be that expensive and "change" so often
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not just the college kids, it's their parents as well! I can't believe this situation exists! It's just not right.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah the parents too

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So I finally got a Kindle and I have to say I freakin' LOVE IT! It's perfect for me because the only books I really collect are older books that have sentimental meaning to me, for example Peter and Wendy and Winnie the Pooh first editions. My collection is very small because they are expensive. I was nervous because I thought the books would be like $12, but they're much cheaper! Only the new ones are that much, and with so many old books I need to catch up on this is perfect for me. Also, many older books before copyrights are free! I got the E version of Peter and Wendy so I don't have to risk hurting my old one! I also got Alice in Wonderland and Grimms faery tales for free. The Song of Ice and Fire series on the e reader is cheaper than the paperback, and they are what I'm reading now. I can take it anywhere! And I'm saving trees!
    The biggest downside is that I can't read in the dark. It's not a lighted screen, it looks like a book. I actually prefer the way the screen looks because it's so cool, but if my hubby is asleep and I want to read in bed I'm screwed.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

They sell covers that have lights

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I want a Tron looking one!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I have my Kindle in the Amazon leather case and when I read in bed at night, I clip a regular book-light onto the case. It works great.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I have my Kindle in the Amazon leather case and when I read in bed at night, I clip a regular book-light onto the case. It works great.
    I just got the leather amazon case, shortly after I found a $6 slip case for it at office depot. I don't have the DX like yourself, mine is much smaller, but I'm really pleased with the one that I have, and as long as it has 3g/wifi it serves it's purpose. I will have to invest in a book light.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    So I finally got a Kindle and I have to say I freakin' LOVE IT! It's perfect for me because the only books I really collect are older books that have sentimental meaning to me, for example Peter and Wendy and Winnie the Pooh first editions. My collection is very small because they are expensive. I was nervous because I thought the books would be like $12, but they're much cheaper! Only the new ones are that much, and with so many old books I need to catch up on this is perfect for me. Also, many older books before copyrights are free! I got the E version of Peter and Wendy so I don't have to risk hurting my old one! I also got Alice in Wonderland and Grimms faery tales for free. The Song of Ice and Fire series on the e reader is cheaper than the paperback, and they are what I'm reading now. I can take it anywhere! And I'm saving trees!
    The biggest downside is that I can't read in the dark. It's not a lighted screen, it looks like a book. I actually prefer the way the screen looks because it's so cool, but if my hubby is asleep and I want to read in bed I'm screwed.
    I just bought my guy a sleep mask, which I then encourage him to wear when I want to read in bed after he's gone to sleep. I do want a light for my Nook though. It'd be nice for darker corners and such.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post
    I just bought my guy a sleep mask, which I then encourage him to wear when I want to read in bed after he's gone to sleep. I do want a light for my Nook though. It'd be nice for darker corners and such.
    I love how you're making him adapt to you and you are not adapting to him!

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

It's only on that small thing, which is probably why I insist on it. Most of the time he gets his way.

And out of curiousity, does the Kindle have a free book promotion every week like the Nook?
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hannah - I'm not really sure what the Nook does each week, but there are free Kindle books offered daily (usually 2 or 3, but sometimes many more). The only problem is that usually they are crap I'd never read, although I have found some gems in there to download.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

There are a bunch of free books I've found on the Kindle, but they aren't something I would read.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have just seen a Kindle for the first time in my life, held it in my paws, and played with it.

I want one.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jean, I said the exact same thing when I finally had a chance to actually hold an iPad (Gotta love the new year holiday - my Apple wish was granted, hope yours will be, too)
    I know that at least one of my co-workers has a Kindle - I'm curious how he uploads books there, us being in Russia and all.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Probably like the rest of us

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    Jean, I said the exact same thing when I finally had a chance to actually hold an iPad .
    you're going to laugh, but I've just had a chance to paw an iPad too. I think I would be crazy about it if it was compatible with anything; I'll wait for further developments

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I want an iPad but now that I have a smartphone my iPod touch is superfluous except for using it in the car. I just dont know if I could justify an Ipad unless it becomes super tricked out in future versions

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

This technology is not at all good for me.....want it I DO, but I NEED to unplug sometimes, and with this ease of all things
    I am opting to remain old fashioned and keep books, and PC's for a while more.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Right. My bad

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Jean, I said the exact same thing when I finally had a chance to actually hold an iPad .
    you're going to laugh, but I've just had a chance to paw an iPad too. I think I would be crazy about it if it was compatible with anything; I'll wait for further developments
    Mmm, not to hijack the thread, but so far I've been able to use it just as well as my laptop - although I must admit I do not do anything special with it. It's just so convenient to have 3G Internet everywhere (can't use a phone for it - poor eyesight), plus drafting app, plus books, etc.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Kindles rock! Yesterday (and it's still going on today) was a great day for free books. Over 100 were offered and I downloaded about 12 that really piqued my interest.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Right. My bad

In Mother Russia books download YOU

John F. Kennedy strungoutboy21 is on a distinguished road strungoutboy21's Avatar

Love it or hate it, e-readers like the Kindle are the wave of the future. I'm not saying this is right, but there is a way if you look hard enough to get certain ebooks for free on your kindle. I love my kindle and probably wouldn't have started reading the Dark Tower series if I hadn't gotten it. The only books I collect are textbooks from college.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast