Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Arguments for the Kindle

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by noal View Post
    My collection is just paperbacks.

No signed or special editions!

Should I bother with a thread?
    I don't consider paperbacks real book either

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes! Every collections starts somewhere, and the paperbacks are as good a place as any!

John

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I Love my Kindle. The led light that pulls out from the case i bought is perfect. I can read before bed without a need for a bulky booklight.
    I will say the claim that you can hold 2000 books is a bit weak. I had just over 1500 and it started acting wonky. LOL who the hell really needs 2000 books at once anyway
    Also i charge my kindle evry two of three weeks and even with the light on every night for a couple hours it holds its charge that long.
    Also love my books but only as collectables, unless they have pictures then i might rifle through a hardcover now and then.

Gunslinger Apprentice noal will become famous soon enough noal will become famous soon enough noal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post

I don't consider paperbacks real book either
    That means I only own about ten books then!
    They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they did.

Red Cloud

Gunslinger Apprentice noal will become famous soon enough noal will become famous soon enough noal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

Yes! Every collections starts somewhere, and the paperbacks are as good a place as any!

John
    I just know that if I start a proper collection I will become addicted and spend all my money on books!

Need.... to...... resist!
    They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they did.

Red Cloud

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    I just know that if I start a proper collection I will become addicted and spend all my money on books!

Need.... to...... resist!
    It IS addictive!

John

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Kindle is the best for reading in bed, super lightweight, you fall asleep... it auto offs, & you don't lose your place in the story.
    It also drives me crazy when my hand cramps holding a paperback book open, especially thick ones like the stand.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

No kindle for me....not because any aversion to them or overzealous loyalty to books. I dropped my tablet a while back and just haven't replaced it. I'm now back to walking down the street reading. I actually liked my non kindle tablet.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

if anyones looking heres a god deal. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazon-Kindl...item3cc760f5a7

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This may not be relevant for most of you guys, but I mostly read on my Kindle in public transports. I have a 40-minute metro ride everyday (there and back) so I have enough time to read one chapter each way. I've been really lazy lately, though ^^ At least I don't have to carry heavy books anymore and I get to choose what I read all the time (not like sticking with that one boring story you've finally finished after 2 years because you started it).

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post
    I mostly read on my Kindle in public transports.
    For me, this wouldn't work. I need complete quiet to read.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post
    This may not be relevant for most of you guys, but I mostly read on my Kindle in public transports.
    Yes.
    One more thing - in addition to what I already said above - is that in our country winter lasts from mid-October to mid-April, and the few summer days are to be cherished. I try to spend outside as much time as I can, and taking actual books is a very poor option comparing to kindle - and in case of books, I would also take my other spectacles, which would make my bag even heavier (I have no car, remember?)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    (I have no car, remember?)
    Furthur evidence that brices are bears and/or bears are brices.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

bearthulhu <3

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

dear friends,

although this thread started as King-related, we're now discussing Kindle as such (which was to be expected), so I hope Christine doesn't mind that I've moved this thread

P.S. Kindle RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Kindle ebooks now outsell paperbacks already. I did not think this would happen quite as quickly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12305015

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I might be getting a Kobo on Sunday. There's some weird promotion at a furniture sale this weekend... spend $700, get a free Kobo. So I might be joining the e-reader camp.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

I like the Kindle only because I dont have to wear reading glasses.
    After a few books on the Kindle I HAVE to pick up a "real" book and read it because I miss the feel of it.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Traveler Drifter13 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Yeehaw

yea i think there is a time and place for both e books and real paper books. personally i couldnt find a place to put all my books in my apartment so i went the nook route just to save space. easily transported and if im at the coffee shop or having lunch somewhere i can download a newspaper or magazine for quick light reading. but paper books are better because you can easily lend them to someone.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm trying to seriously downsize my possessions, so my Kindle is really helping me get rid of cheap paperbacks. I still have plenty of books, mostly ones I'm attached to, but it's making a major improvement in the amount of stuff I own. Also, most Kindle books are cheaper, and I'm poor, so it helps.

Also, stone, rose, unfound door is right, they are excellent for public transport. It's the major reason I got one - struggling with a huge hardback, a purse and a school bag was impossible in rush hour.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Country
    Country Flag

absolutely

I remember reading Needful Things (hardback) on the subway. I happen to be taller than most people, so every time I produced this encyclopedia-size volume, someone said every fucking time, "Why don't you just put it on top of my head?!"

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

absolutely

I remember reading Needful Things (hardback) on the subway. I happen to be taller than most people, so every time I produced this encyclopedia-size volume, someone said every fucking time, "Why don't you just put it on top of my head?!"
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As a short person, I find that hilarious. Maybe I could make extra money as a bookrest during my commute?
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

absolutely

...and of course bears are of an obliging disposition...

If you rescue me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast