Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DT Questionnaire *Spoilers*

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

:radioactive: DT Questionnaire *Spoilers*

Long days and pleasant nights, gamers!

1. Favourite protagonist of the series and why.
    2. Favourite antagonist and why.
    3. Favourite original ka-tet member.
    4. Favourite creature/beast/hybrid.
    5. Favourite place, from all worlds/levels of the Tower.
    6. Most memorable quote.
    7. Best fight scene.
    8. Favourite romance.
    9. Background character that you felt deserved a bigger storyline.
    10. Which Beam Guardian were you most drawn too?
    11. Favourite crossover (from other King stories) character, place or event.
    12. If you were dissatisfied with Flagg's demise, how would you have liked him to go out?
    13. The book you were most excited to read.
    14. A character you thought or hoped would be in the series, but wasn't.
    15. Favourite artist from the series.
    16. All time favourite moment from the series.
    17. Saddest moment.
    18. If you could pick (upto) any 4 characters to be in your ka-tet, who would you choose?
    19. Do you believe Roland will ever reach the top of the Tower, if so, what would you like him to find there?
    Last edited by Darkthoughts; 08-28-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lisey Landon View Post

Favourite protagonist of the series and why.
    I think I'd go with Jake, although I could quite easily have put Roland or Eddie. But for me, I just...my heart went out to Jake the most, especially when he was going mad, I was quite literally cheering for him during The Wastelands.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I'd have to say Eddie. He's always been my favorite, something about all the things he had to overcome.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Susannah.

I've explained why in a number of other threads.

In short, she is the epitome of everything I love in a woman and a human being. She is very much like my wife.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Susannah.

I've explained why in a number of other threads.

In short, she is the epitome of everything I love in a woman and a human being. She is very much like my wife.
    this is such an awesome statement.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Your wife throws plates with deadly accuracy?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Your wife throws plates with deadly accuracy?
    Every time she is challenged by a lupine robot.

Pam:

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd have to be unoriginal here, and go with Roland. Most of all because I liked that King used an older protagonist. I do not particularly enjoy books where the (anti)hero is a young person - I cannot help thinking "Gee, what do YOU possibly know about life's tragedies and choices?" (Not fair and not quite justified, for sure, but that's what it is for me.)
    Or, to put it differently, to take an interest/admire/hate/empathize with the protagonist, I have to think of them as someone whose ways have been determined by experience rather than just nature alone. This I more often associate with (slightly) older age.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Edward Cantor Dean.

This is because I think he goes through the most changes and challenges (that we can see on page, at least). I absolutely hated him in DOtT, but by the end...I cried so hard in the last book because of him. I didn't realize he was my favorite until that moment.
    Plus, non-junkie Eddie is pretty much my dream guy - funny, somewhat sensitive, and not afraid to kick some ass

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Cuthbert, because in all the series I feel like he's the one person I could relate to fully. Eddie comes close, but lacks something. Cuthbert and I, though, we're the kind of idiots who will make a joke at the expense of the bully, even though it's probably gonna cost us a tooth or two, and actually relish the fight. We're the type of kids who were only bullied because we'd go around insulting the bully to distract him from weaker targets. Therein lies a certain nobility, I think, anyway.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I have always thought it would have been incredibly cool to have a Cuthbert-like friend. Precisely because of his ability to find humor in anything and everything, regardless of the consequences , and still be serious enough to act, not just laugh.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

we can be friends, surely.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post

Edward Cantor Dean.

This is because I think he goes through the most changes and challenges (that we can see on page, at least). I absolutely hated him in DOtT, but by the end...I cried so hard in the last book because of him. I didn't realize he was my favorite until that moment.
    Plus, non-junkie Eddie is pretty much my dream guy - funny, somewhat sensitive, and not afraid to kick some ass
    Very good choice, and almost mine, but for a few differences.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    we can be friends, surely.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

While Susan would have been a great girlfriend, Cuthbert would be a blast to hang out with, Eddie would provide entertainment in his own way, but I have to go with Roland. He is the most complex, fully developed character in my opinion.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    ...I have to go with Roland. He is the most complex, fully developed character in my opinion.
    Sums up my thoughts perfectly.

My Mood
    Breezy

Ah, but which Roland? If you combine young Roland with Adult Roland, I'd agree with you. Older Roland is pretty one dimensional, while Young Roland might be a bit more yin AND yang, he's mostly wang, which made him completely boring to me.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Roland as a whole, why do they have to be separate ?

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

You could sub-divide him further and further. i.e. "Roland of Volume 1, Chapter 3 (revised)" versus "Roland of the second comic arc, Issue 4"

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy

I STILL do not count the comics as canon. I refuse.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post

same here

Brother John, did you think I wouldn't recognize you in this disguise?

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Roland as a whole, why do they have to be separate ?
    Young Roland (WaG) and Adult Roland where completely different people as to motivation, at least before the pink eye.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post

same here

Brother John, did you think I wouldn't recognize you in this disguise?
    never meant it to be a disguise, just felt like a change with the new site address was in order. I was tired of being who I am. If you read that sentence too many times it will give you a brain aneurysm.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast