Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Huge Dark Tower Art Post By Me!

Gunslinger Apprentice boehmke is on a distinguished road boehmke's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Default Huge Dark Tower Art Post By Me!

With all the exciting news about the site I can finally post a boat load of art that I did for a project I was working on with our fearless (ex)leaders. The project was a DT.com calendar. If I wasn't so frustratingly slow and lazy this may have seen the light of day. But it was not meant to be. The bad news is there probably won't be a calendar. The good news is I can finally show the art. Since I've done all the work posting the images on my blog I'll just give you a link to that.

Also I'd like to thank Daghain for running the Wiki art contest for as long as she did. She kept that going and got a lot of good art out of me and the rest of the community here. I hope we can continue this at the other site. But instead of being confined to just the world of The Dark Tower we can open it up to be a King Wiki.

The play ground just grew leaps and bounds. Imagine illustrating characters from The Shinning, Salem's Lot, Thinner, etc. (duh).

Take care everyone. Me and my measly post count hope to see you all on the other side of the door.

Oh there are some HUGE spoilers so if you haven't finished the books look at your own risk

The Dark Tower Calendar Images
    Last edited by boehmke; 09-29-2010 at 09:25 PM. Reason: SPOILERS!

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow,excellent work! And I love your idea of a King wiki. Are the contests going to continue on the new site? I just got a scanner and would love to participate in these drawing contests.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

great stuff, David!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, man.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

absolutely fantastic!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are stunning!!! I REALLY love the dark tower in the field of roses .... will you ever be releasing them in some way?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Bummer on the no calendar, but on your paintings.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Should do the calander anyhow. And the contests should continue...and Ann should still be running them.

These are insanely good, Dave.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

ZOINKS! I love them all.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Should do the calander anyhow. And the contests should continue...and Ann should still be running them.

I won't be, but you certainly can.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice boehmke is on a distinguished road boehmke's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Maybe I'll look into doing a character art sub page. But it wouldn't be connected to a Wiki as I don't rite vary gud.

I would like it to be a twice monthly character concept art/illustration sub forum and run it similar to this. But instead of running a contest have it be more of a place to critique each others work and get the best art out of everyone we can. Using the imaginative worlds of King as a place to grow from would be a great.

Let me know what you think.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I like it.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I like it too.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post

I certainly could, but certainly wouldn't as that would run contrary to how I think things should be...YOU running it.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

The Man's got talent! Those are great!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I certainly could, but certainly wouldn't as that would run contrary to how I think things should be...YOU running it.

Sorry man, you'll have to take up the torch, or find yourself a minion.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Those are excellent!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Really wish you'd make prints available. Those are fantastic!!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They really are. Very professional too. And if they're not used for a calendar next year they could be for the year after.

Or scrap that. The art is fine as it is, alone.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful art!
    The Manni cave is so atmospheric, I can feel its pull.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, those are fantastic! I love the one of pregnant Mia! Those are awesome.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry man, you'll have to take up the torch, or find yourself a minion.

I nominate you.

If you rescue me

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I absolutely dug all these pictures... but I agree with all of your own critiques on your work as well, not that they weren't all fabulous.

Shardik's my favorite I think.. He's exactly as I saw him.

Gunslinger Apprentice maerlyns_rainbow is on a distinguished road maerlyns_rainbow's Avatar

Beautiful! Especially love the one of Mia in Discordia.
    As the scorpion said to the maiden as she lay dying, "You knowed I was poison when you picked me up." Jonas, WaG

We're all mad here!--The Cheshire Cat

Traveler the dalinean is on a distinguished road

Very nice! I especially like the Crimson Queen... the spider webbed clothing very nicely rendered... what medium/s did you do those in?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast