Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Jealous Thread!

Gunslinger Apprentice BillyxRansom is on a distinguished road

Default The Jealous Thread!

Post reasons why we should be jealous of you.

I'll start: My mom got me in at a 5 day writer's conference in Orlando. I get to meet published authors, literary agents, publishers, and other fellow aspiring authors. Includes food and drink and lodge. For like $1300.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I live in 4 bed room house alone without paying. Oh and I've got four screens in front of me right now. That's about it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

*sigh*
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I live in 4 bed room house alone without paying. Oh and I've got four screens in front of me right now. That's about it.
    That's pretty epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    *sigh*
    ?

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I was laid off a couple weeks ago. I'm getting paid my normal salary until April.

That sounds better than it actually is.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I was laid off a couple weeks ago. I'm getting paid my normal salary until April.

You get to get paid for 6 more months? Holy crap, so you're laid off, that means you literally don't have to do a goddamn thing anymore for that entire time, right?

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by BillyxRansom View Post
    That's pretty epic.

*sigh*
    ?
    I was laid off after 15 years at the same company (absolutely NO severance because I was "furloughed" before actually being let go). I'm pretty much jealous of everything.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I am going to a wedding next weekend to meet up with some long-time online friends
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I get two whole hours to be myself with the cats until husband comes home. Not that I don't love him, but me time... MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE time!!!

That's pretty epic.

*sigh*
    ?
    I was laid off after 15 years at the same company (absolutely NO severance because I was "furloughed" before actually being let go). I'm pretty much jealous of everything.
    here's what i suggest:

all i'mma say.

i'm really sorry that happened to you. :hug:

My Mood
    Worried

That's pretty epic.

*sigh*
    ?
    here's what i suggest:

all i'mma say.

Thanks. I wish it didn't fuck with me so much. I'm happy that I'm not in the environment any longer (it was poison), but I'm a lot more messed up about the situation than I show. And, of course, Big Dog was run over in April, so I have trouble finding happy there.

I'll go on and bow out of this thread because I don't want to bring you guys down.

That's pretty epic.

*sigh*
    ?
    here's what i suggest:

all i'mma say.

Thanks. I wish it didn't fuck with me so much. I'm happy that I'm not in the environment any longer (it was poison), but I'm a lot more messed up about the situation than I show. And, of course, Big Dog was run over in April, so I have trouble finding happy there.

I'll go on and bow out of this thread because I don't want to bring you guys down.
    You are appreciated here.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

You are appreciated everywhere woofer. I'm jealous I'm not with you right now.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post

My brother got laid off a year or so ago. He got several months severence plus EI. He decided "I got laid off...time for a snowboarding trip to Quebec and a new laptop and a Wii and a 360"

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm eating a Kit Kat bar.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I just have a little mini pecan pie and I have 2 moon pies in my lunchbox. Banana and Chocolate.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    I just have a little mini pecan pie and I have 2 moon pies in my lunchbox. Banana and Chocolate.
    I own a lunchbox.
    Fixed that for you. Who's jealous? THIS GIRL.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

it's a ninja turtles lunch box too.

Lol, reminds me of a story. When I was in Kindergarden I had a Rambo lunchbox, you know, the square metal kind. The teacher told my parents lunchboxes with guns on them were innappropriate for children, so my mom bought me a Rainbow Brite lunchbox instead.

Damn teacher.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a Transformers one. My aunt bought my brother and I lunch boxes, his was Transformers and mine was Barbie. I had never owned a Barbie in my life and was absolutely mortified, and after my aunt left I cried for like an hour so my dad bought me a Transformers one after work the next day. Possibly the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. Lunch boxes are the bees knees.

My Mood
    Breezy

mine right now is just this big square one from walmart. it's made as a small picnic cooler, canvas exterior with a zippered top and a "quick window" velcro access on top.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

:shudders: That lunch box brings back really bad memories.

I have new hair. You should all be jealous.

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay for new hair!! I wanna see!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a Gremlins lunchbox (Gizmo driving toy car scared of Stripe) but I never used it.

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Tempus Frangit View Post
    Yay for new hair!! I wanna see!
    It's red

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that I am jealous of. I always wished I was a red head. Btw,

Spoiler:

That felt awesome.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast