Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Sons of Anarchy

Gunslinger Apprentice TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mr Mercedes came with its own spoiler on the DJ. Did anyone else think that?
    As I was removing the DJ to read I knew who did it before reading a page.

I am glad they got into who-done-it right away. I am really looking forward to Part II of the trilogy.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Folks who spoil shows or episodes for others are a bag of dicks.

But we should know this by recognizing how many walking bags of dicks are in the world at any moment (plenty of 'em)

I had Walking Dead's mid season episode spoiled by a facebook post from the damn shows own facebook page forwarded by one of my FB "friends" on the very night it played.

There is a special place in hell for these people.

All it takes is a moment to wrap a bit of info in spoiler tags, but let's face it, the average human being is only concerned about their own viewing schedule and agenda. It doesnt even register on the scale with some of the self centered douchebags out there.

So the moral is, if it is good episode or a hot show, watch that sheeit as fast as you can because it is difficult to avoid all the idiots bumbling around the internet.

And let's all hope they step in gum, or a bird shits on their car or something. (or, better yet, learn and implement some common courtesy)
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can someone please put "Spoilers" in the thread title so we can discuss this show and not spoiler etiquette?

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to the finale. It has been a hell of a ride!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    To me, there is no time limit on spoilers. Let's say you're watching the finale of Breaking Bad on TV, but someone somewhere else in the country or world gets it before you. For them to call you and tell you the ending is kind of shitty, no?

If you're on Twitter, or Facebook, or the Breaking Bad thread, without being up to date, then it's your own fault. Other than that, you shouldn't be exposed to important events, especially endings, no matter how long after it aired.

I had the Sixth Sense spoiled for me in an Entertainment Weekly article. I couldn't believe it.
    Having *NO* time limit seems incredibly unrealistic. Obviously if the something is still on-going then you have to be careful. Even up to a couple of weeks afterwards.

But if you are getting into YEARS after something happened, I think it’s fair game. You simply can’t expect everyone to put spoiler warnings on every single little thing. Especially when it moves into pop culture. Like the Family Guy reference I made.

In fact, they also “spoiled” the meaning of Rosebud in Citizen Kane during one episode. Should there also be spoiler warning on movies that are decades old?
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree... if something is on I watch (like the Walking Dead)... I avoid the threads and Facebook/what not the next day till I can see it for myself. I, take responsibility, for ruining it for myself. Not someone else. Now.. when the Walking Dead pulled the stunt about Beth being dead before it aired out west... that is just WRONG. A year is more than enough time... pop culture has taken over for sure.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I agree... if something is on I watch (like the Walking Dead)... I avoid the threads and Facebook/what not the next day till I can see it for myself. I, take responsibility, for ruining it for myself. Not someone else. Now.. when the Walking Dead pulled the stunt about Beth being dead before it aired out west... that is just WRONG. A year is more than enough time... pop culture has taken over for sure.

Wait, BETH IS DEAD?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????

LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Wait,
    Spoiler:
    BETH
    IS DEAD?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????

LOL LOL LOL
    Fixed!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

While I haven't always been excited about the way this show seemed to be going, this finale felt just about perfect to me. It made me appreciate what led up to it more. Jax had to become the person he was at the end to be able to realize that he could not be a "good person" and finally make the right decision for his family. Seeing that ring on Abel's finger just showed how strong Gemma's bad influence was and reinforced that she had to go.

Now, who has a theory on who the homeless girl was? If I thought Sutter would include the supernatural then I might would guess she was a real reaper. She always seems to show up right when someone has or is about to die (last year's finale and the last two episodes) and that cloak she gave Jax sure made him look like a reaper right before he killed Marks. Plus her bread was on the highway at the end. Of course this might be a crackpot theory.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

As series finales go I am quite satisfied with this one. I too would like to know more about the homeless girl!

Didn't
    Spoiler:
    Jax's Father die being hit on his bike by a Trucker?
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yes, that's what happened supposedly after
    Spoiler:
    Gemma or Clay tampered with his bike

And there was a nice circularity in that
    Spoiler:
    the driver was the guy who gave Gemma a lift up to Oregon (played by the great Michael Chiklis

And as for the homeless girl,
    Spoiler:
    she's a mystery. She has appeared a number of times over the years, without explanation

I, for one, would have been equally as happy to see
    Spoiler:
    Jax keep riding into the sunset. I know he deserved to die, but he didn't have to. It was a choice.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    While I haven't always been excited about the way this show seemed to be going, this finale felt just about perfect to me. It made me appreciate what led up to it more. Jax had to become the person he was at the end to be able to realize that he could not be a "good person" and finally make the right decision for his family. Seeing that ring on Abel's finger just showed how strong Gemma's bad influence was and reinforced that she had to go.
    Spoiler:
    I think Kurt was right when he said that it wouldn't necessarily be a "happy" ending, but a satisfying one. I'm ok with it. They forshadowed Jax's end long before it happened so at least it wasn't much of a surprise. Although the fact that it was a truck driven by Michael Chiklis' character was an interesting twist.

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    Now, who has a theory on who the homeless girl was? If I thought Sutter would include the supernatural then I might would guess she was a real reaper. She always seems to show up right when someone has or is about to die (last year's finale and the last two episodes) and that cloak she gave Jax sure made him look like a reaper right before he killed Marks. Plus her bread was on the highway at the end. Of course this might be a crackpot theory.
    Spoiler:

Apparently, she was also in the first season. Jax was at his father's grave and she gave him a blanket. I vaguely remember that scene.

I think the blood and wine (body of Christ, blood of Christ) was supposed to be symbolic but in the end, Kurt let the viewers decide who they thought she was. Her being the Reaper/Angel of Death is sort of what I believe.

I've heard others say they think she's the mother of Rat's girlfriend.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I, for one, would have been equally as happy to see
    Spoiler:
    Jax keep riding into the sunset. I know he deserved to die, but he didn't have to. It was a choice.
    Spoiler:
    I wouldn’t have. Jax got what he deserved and he knew it. Him just riding off would have been a huge cop-out.

I remember him saying in one episode that he was just a HS drop-out and an “ok” mechanic. Being an outlaw was the only thing he was good at. Just leaving his club and his sons behind to start a new life somewhere else would’ve been totally out of character.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I just didn't buy that
    Spoiler:
    he couldn't change. Lots of people have second and third lives.

I hadn't realized how frequently the homeless woman showed up -- IMDB lists her as appearing in 11 episodes over the years, starting in 2008.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Spoiler:
    ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO LOOK? I PROMISE I WILL NOT SAY A WORD.
    Spoiler:

Country
    Country Flag

I almost forgot that the homeless woman is indeed played by the same person as Brook's mom ( the other person to die in JT's crash.) However, I don't really think it is just her ghost or that the mom didn't really die. I think whatever she is used that form for a reason, whatever that may be.

In the EW recap it pointed out that the show started with Jax on a joy ride driving by two crows feeding on a chunk of bread. So the woman, crows, bread, etc are images that are trying to bring our attention back to the beginning, a time when Jax was much more innocent.

Gunslinger Apprentice TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth will become famous soon enough TrueNorth's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I for one was so happy to see Jax lose the runners...

Loved the closing tune "Come join the murder" Murder as in a murder of birds....as in Samcrow Very very cool ending.

Country
    Country Flag

Sutter refuses to explain the homeless woman -- on Anarchy Afterword he says she's completely open to interpretation. He just wanted a shade of grey in a world where there's so much black and white.

Country
    Country Flag

I was happy with the ending... I was not blown away or anything. Again, predictable Hollywood but done well. There are many series finals that disappoint but this was ok. I wish the woman was explained more as well. All in all ok with it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

A perfect ending. After a slew of disappointing finales (Dexter, Sopranos, etc.) I was expecting the worst, and was instead immensely pleased. Just a bit overboard on the Jesus stuff, and as Sutter said, they should have spent more time/$$$ on the special effects in the end, but still, I loved it. My only regret is that I hear it will be about three years before they do the Redwood Originals 12 episode story. I can't wait for that one. Without the pressure to churn out episodes in a timely fashion, Sutter can work slowly and craft what I am sure will be an intense followup.

Along the Path of the Beam special k is on a distinguished road special k's Avatar

Maybe the homeless lady is actually JT's ghost in disguise!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by special k View Post
    Maybe the homeless lady is actually JT's ghost in disguise!
    JT was a cross dresser? Maybe....Gemma did have manly hands

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10