Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Has a comic ever made you cry?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Default Has a comic ever made you cry?

Be honest, have you ever shead a tear because of a comic? I don't find it any different from being moved by a book or a movie or even a cartoon (watch the Futurama episode about Fry's dog and if you don't cry, you're not human. Seriously.)

The ending to Y: The Last Man had me in tears. Not the last few pages but about the last 1/2 of the book from the point when

Garth Ennis' War Stories collection has a story named "D-day dodgers". I read it at work and had to excuse myself. Incredible. I still remember the line "with wine on your lips and tears in your eyes".

So?

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Comics make me cry all the time. Actually, I'm kind of a big wuss when it comes to reading/watching TV or movies, I cry way more from them than I do in real life. The first comic that ever made me cry was Amazing Spider-Man #33, where Spider-man is trapped under a collapsed building but needs to get a serum to Aunt May, who is dying in the hospital, to save her life. I still get emotional every time I look at that cover.

Another intense one was during the Sandman when Delirium regains a little bit of her sanity and flips out on Destiny, telling him that there are things not written in his book.

I'm sure I've cried a lot more I definitely cried during Garth Ennis' Battlefields: The Night Witches and probably during Preacher also.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

The comic "The Dark Tower Series" made me cry a lot! When Roland's love Susanne gets set on fire and she yells "Roland I love thee" Reading that in the book always upset me, but when I saw it drawn in comic form, I balled like a baby.

When Roland shoots his mother accidentally and kills her. Just to see the look on his face the way it was drawn in the comic. Then when he faints over his dead mothers body. I cried for two hours!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Great topic.

Three comics come to mind immediately, and no surprise, they're some of my all time favorites.

The Dark Phoenix Saga, without a doubt, I was truly moved and did cry.
    Maus. Very powerful.
    Daredevil -
    Spoiler:
    The Death of Elektra
    . A wonderfully written storyline.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Honestly, I probably would cry from comics if I read more of them.

The only ones I have taken the time to read are The Dresden File adaptations, The Dark Tower ones, and Scott Pilgrim. None of those have yet to make me cry, but books do all the time, so reason stands that eventually I will run across a comic that has the same effect.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

i read a lot of comics but only one ever moved me to tears
    it the ultimate spiderman issue where norman and harry died, the death of a goblin storyline was incredible
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do