Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the next round ?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coen Brothers

12 41.38%
  • Quentin Tarantino

17 58.62%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TGDT - Round 3 - Coen Brothers vs Quentin Tarantino

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TGDT - Round 3 - Coen Brothers vs Quentin Tarantino

The Coen Brother's IMDB Page
    Notable films : Fargo, No Country For Old Men, O' Brother Where Art Thou? , The Big Lebowski, Raising Arizona

Quentin Tarantino's IMDB Page
    Notable films: Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2, Inglourious Basterds, Jackie Brown

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

REMINDER :

In case of a tie in the polls, the posts below will serve as the final tie breaker !

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

easy

coen brothers

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I feel like Jean here, I want to vote for my favorite movie, but maybe not its director...."Oh whatever shall I do?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's easy, love. Just vote for Coen Brothers.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

The Coen Brothers are good, but Quentin Tarantino has style. As Sai King would say, his movies are boss. Not to mention he's the god of realistic, believable dialogue both in his script and from his actors (which is a compliment I can't give to many directors/writers these days). And come on, Tarantino's soundtracks? Forget about it!

Tarantino it is.
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Marge Gunderson!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

After much consideration ... Tarantino.

Although Tarantino is a little too in love with his own script writing prowess at times, I can't deny that his films all harbor a certain charm that just demand re-watches.

The Coen brothers lost out by only the slimmest of margins though, as their films are (for the most part) superbly, meticulously crafted.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

QT ftw.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SynysterSaint View Post
    The Coen Brothers are good, but Quentin Tarantino has style. As Sai King would say, his movies are boss. Not to mention he's the god of realistic, believable dialogue both in his script and from his actors (which is a compliment I can't give to many directors/writers these days). And come on, Tarantino's soundtracks? Forget about it!

Tarantino it is.
    I completely agree

It's definitely Tarantino for me
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Coens. i just feel that Quentin is placed in a category he doesn't deserve to be in. I feel like the Coens (and Paul Thomas Anderson, who just lost to QT) make movies about people and life and often pack an emotional wallop, such as with Fargo or magnolia, whereas QT makes clever movies about other movies. He's very clever, but the Coens are almost as clever and appeal to me on a much more human level. As for Paul Thomas Anderson, i worship him as a deity.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    Coens. i just feel that Quentin is placed in a category he doesn't deserve to be in. I feel like the Coens (and Paul Thomas Anderson, who just lost to QT) make movies about people and life and often pack an emotional wallop, such as with Fargo or magnolia, whereas QT makes clever movies about other movies. He's very clever, but the Coens are almost as clever and appeal to me on a much more human level. <...>
    hear, hear

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    Coens. i just feel that Quentin is placed in a category he doesn't deserve to be in. I feel like the Coens (and Paul Thomas Anderson, who just lost to QT) make movies about people and life and often pack an emotional wallop, such as with Fargo or magnolia, whereas QT makes clever movies about other movies. He's very clever, but the Coens are almost as clever and appeal to me on a much more human level. As for Paul Thomas Anderson, i worship him as a deity.
    But that isn't discussing their abilities as directors, is it? You're discussing the overall impact of the films.
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Country
    Country Flag

I think it has everything to do with the director's approach to cinema as a whole, and it is an essential part of weather or not we love a director and consider him great.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Tough call for me, but Quentin gets my vote.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

The Dude says vote for the Coen Brothers!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You can't ignore The Dude! I voted Coen's. I love Tarantino, but I don't think he's consistently good. That sounds almost contradictory to what I've been saying about Spielberg in the other thread - which is pretty much that I'd give him my vote for Jaws alone, so in some respects I could give Tarantino the vote for Pulp Fiction alone, but with Spielberg, even if you don't like the film for the story I think the level of directing remains the same. With Tarantino I sometimes feel like, it's a big fight scene with dialogue either side to pad it out.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    with Spielberg, even if you don't like the film for the story I think the level of directing remains the same.
    Yes, it does. That's why I consistently vote against him.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Q

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Coens
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Country
    Country Flag

we need MORE

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    we need MORE...votes for Quentin.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

I have no words!!!!!!!

Mais c'est dure à supporter
    Un salaud préfabriqué
    Qu'on habille de votre peau
    Et qui porte vos chapeaux
    Un beau jour il s'est mis
    Au milieu des "on dit"
    Sur la place du marché
    De sa ville endimanchée...
    ...Il a crié: "Mais c'est pas vrai!"
    C'est pas vrai! C'est pas vrai!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Que dijo este vato ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast