Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Christopher Nolan

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    The Dark Knight's villains are quite effective. I say go. First Batman Begins, a decent movie anyway, and if it seems less than great, don't be deterred. TDK is worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    In hindsight I'm retracting my earlier statement to coincide with Path. Begins is a good film, The Dark Knight is a great film. Let us know if you decide to check them out Jean.
    Personally I found Batman Begins a far superior film, and i know that goes against what 99% of what most people believe. But for me the origins of Batman were fantastic and i loved (and still love) that film over the Dark knight

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    Personally I found Batman Begins a far superior film, and i know that goes against what 99% of what most people believe. But for me the origins of Batman were fantastic and i loved (and still love) that film over the Dark knight
    Have you ever read very many Batman comics?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I know literally nothing about him from the comics, so whatever Nolan decides to do it cool with me.
    If you're even remotely interested, check out the Knightfall trilogy - all three volumes are available in TPB. It explores Bane's first contact with Batman and shows that he is both his intellectual and physical equal , not just a buffoonish musclehead as the cartoons / Batman & Robin would have you believe.

You're definitely not alone. Check out the IMDB segments for both , there are many that prefer BB over TDK, and vice versa.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

No, in fact I am not really a comic person unfortunatley

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

No, in fact I am not really a comic person unfortunatley
    Well, I feel as though BB was a great film version of some very good comics, whereas tDK was a great film about comics and these characters, archetypically. I mean, I like the latter film better because I see it as more self-possessed with a more distinct message; further evolved artistically. I really didn't pick up on many internal back-steps. In what way does it seem lesser to you?

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I have been told that if you are a fan of the comics then TDK is the better version, for me though, i felt that BB was the darker story. I suppose in a twisted way I related more to BB then to TDK.

The character of the Sarecrow scared me more than the Joker, (again I realise I am in a minority here so i am not trying to start an online arguement with my next sentence, its just my own opinion) I believe that The Joker was a more cartoony character than the scarecrow and therefore distracted from the film.

I also enjoyed Bruce Waynes journey in BB and I felt that journey could have better been explored in TDK, I also felt his relationship with Rachel could have gone deeper than it did as it felt to me like they were just skimming the surface. In BB I actually cared at the end about the Rachel/Bruce relationship, whereas in TDK there didn't seem the same chemistry there. I am not sure if this was down to the actors involved or the writing?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I see where you're coming from, Candy, and I can coincide with you in part. I value BB because it made Wayne the narrative centerpiece, deftly exploring his attempts to forge his body and his mind into a formidable weapon against evil.

However, I felt that TDK pushed the envelope in so many regards, taking concepts initially explored in BB and exacerbating them. Gordon confesses to Wayne at the end of BB that he fears escalation, a fear that comes to fruition in TDK when the Joker enters the scene. The Joker is a visually and thematically polar opposite of Wayne, the chaos he unleashes threatens the order that Wayne has fought so hard to keep.

I might be jumping the gun here a bit, but to me TDK is a modern masterpiece.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I might be jumping the gun here a bit, but to me TDK is a modern masterpiece.
    QFT. To me, The Dark Knight isn't just one of the best comic book movies ever made, but it is a truely classic film in its own right, working so wonderfully well not just with its fast paced plot but also its character development, both psychologically and emotionally. The Joker is, despite the cartoony appearance, one of the most believeable madmen ever seen in a PG-13 movie: his motivation, of notsomuch wanting the Batman dead as instead bring him down to his level, is brilliant. Definitely one of my favourite villain revivals in the last decade.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

... Gordon confesses to Wayne at the end of BB that he fears escalation, a fear that comes to fruition in TDK when the Joker enters the scene. ...
    ...which lends that much more poignancy to the foreshadowing, later in TDK, for the next one.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely. That is one of the series's greatest strengths I'd day, taking the thematic undercurrents of the previous film and exploring them further in the next installment.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Knight Rises Mystery Masked Man Set Photo

A new photo from the UK based Croydon set of The Dark Knight Rises has emerged, and it actually showcases some of director Christopher Nolan's action prowess. This image is of a mysterious masked man climbing through the window of a skyscraper. Some speculate that it is Tom Hardy as Bane. Or it could be his stuntman. Check out the pic in question below, and decide for yourself.

The Dark Knight Rises comes to theaters July 20th, 2012 and stars Christian Bale, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The film is directed by Christopher Nolan.

(Picture: http://www.movieweb.com/news/the-dar...-man-set-photo)

Interesting.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Black Mask cameo? That would be awesome. He could easily be employed as a cameo to show the Freaks taking over Gotham's underworld. Word has it Liam was spotted on set as well. Methinks Bane shall indeed by tied to the LoS.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's possible, but I don't think Nolan would add another villain to the roster as the film is already jam packed as it is. Shoehorning characters into the last minute isn't Nolan's style, especially considering that this is the last Batman film under his supervision.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark Knight Rises Trailer Coming
    When can you expect to catch your first glimpse of Nolan's latest?
    July 8, 2011 July 8, 2011 July 8, 2011

Rumblings have indicated for a while now that Warner Bros. would debut a Dark Knight Rises teaser trailer with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 next week. And now word has come which seemingly confirms this.

Superhero Hype reports that a "trustworthy source" says that the teaser and a poster for Christopher Nolan's third and final Batman film will show up with the last Potter adventure.

The site even has the running time on the teaser -- one minute and 33 seconds. It'll play in both 2D theaters and IMAX 3D.

We've got word in to Warner Bros. for confirmation on this but have yet to hear back...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I read the same article. This would fall in alignment with the release for the trailer of TDK, a year before release. I'm really excited!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Knight's villains are quite effective. I say go. First Batman Begins, a decent movie anyway, and if it seems less than great, don't be deterred. TDK is worth it.
    In hindsight I'm retracting my earlier statement to coincide with Path. Begins is a good film, The Dark Knight is a great film. Let us know if you decide to check them out Jean.
    I'm with you Candy. I love both films but I really thought BB was better. I could (and have) watch (ed) BB literally dozens of times.
    "If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I think I read the same article. This would fall in alignment with the release for the trailer of TDK, a year before release. I'm really excited!
    Is it weird that I'm equally as (or perhaps more) excited about the one and a half minute teaser trailer as I am about the actual HP movie ?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nope, not in the slightest. I speak from experience.

Also, considering how the teaser for the Dark Knight was one of the best teasers ever, even though it didn't really show or actually tell us anything about the film whatsoever, i'm looking forward to seeing what the next teaser is gonna be like!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Not at all, feev.

Though I do think it's ridiculous that I'm seeing posts that people are going to buy a ticket JUST to see the TDKR trailer and walk out.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

This is from the official website: http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/im...aserPoster.jpg

Awesome.

Country
    Country Flag

I saw that this morning before realizing it was official. I love that teaser!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Since the Harry Potter premiere is tonight, we should have a first official teaser trailer as early as tomorrow morning !

Country
    Country Flag

Key word is should.

I'm hoping that it'll be with HP7 (it'd be a great marketing move by the studio) but it's still a rumor, albeit a very good one.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It seems all but official now that it will premiere during the , er ... premiere I've told all of my friends that are attending the midnight viewing to text me the SECOND that trailer comes up on screen.

Country
    Country Flag

I really hope so. It's disgusting that we're looking forward to the trailer to the trailer of the film.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast