Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Christopher Nolan

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    Feev, speaking of the Inception DVD, have you heard any news about a US special edition? The only bits I'm able to find are that of the UK S.E.
    I haven't heard of a SE being released in the US, at least not yet. I'm sure one will come along soon though, most likely after the holiday season ... possibly around Easter. I'm getting the Blu-Ray+DVD+Digital copy version myself

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Oh, now that I like ...

The Dark Knight : Gotham Rises

Okay, that's the winner ... who's got Nolan's phone number?!??
    1-800 In-Nolan-We-Trust. Don't worry if it doesn't add up.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What the hell is this with DD bringing up Doctor Who in Nolan's thread?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hey, where did I mention Doctor Who? You were the one who brought it up!

(Although now that you mention it, a Doctor Who story written and directed by Nolan would be pretty awesome to watch! Would almost be ridiculous, but let's face it: once you've got Richard E. Curtis and Neil-bloody-Gaiman writing episodes, fact is anything is possible!)
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Noooo. You didn't just put Nolan and DW in the same sentence!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Why not? I'd buy that.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Dude. You've watched a Moffat ep of Who. You know for a fact that the show can have as big, awesome, but most important of all, brilliantly clever ideas as a Nolan film, but with a reduced budget.
    Spoiler:
    Seriously, reading aloud from a transcript of a conversation that the Doctor's still having? A conversation that had appeared throughout the ep yet only made any sense at all at the end? And Moffat was in a rush when he wrote that! He's written a lot more time bending confusing shit since then, I can tell ya!
    And you watched an ep that was designed to have a low budget - have you seen Silence in the Library? Or action/horror fest the Time of Angels? Sure, Who's more lighthearted than a Nolan film, but I reckon he could easily write an episode. Only requirement is it he has to just get the Doctor, other than that, he's a perfect choice for the show. He has got British blood, after all!

- Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Yeehaw

A facepalm...coming from the man who hasn't even watched a Moffat ep yet?

- Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What's a moffat ? It sounds like something I wipe my ass with.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by AmanDUH View Post
    What's a moffat ? It sounds like something I wipe my ass with.
    My previous post, x2.

And it's Steven Moffat: writer of some of the best episodes of Doctor Who yet, along with Jekyll, one of the best mini-series of the past five years, plus one of the current producers of Sherlock, a show so awesome it shat on the Guy Ritchie movie and did for Sherlock Holmes what Nolan did for Batman. Especially with The Great Game. Watch it on PBS Masterpiece if you can.

- Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Does this mean I've seen more episodes of DW than feev?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AmanDUH View Post
    Oh, damn you! I tried to find this picture and post it earlier here but I couldn't and then gave up!
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Oh, now that I like ...

The Dark Knight : Gotham Rises

Okay, that's the winner ... who's got Nolan's phone number?!??
    i will go an call him now

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark Knight Rises for Charlize?
    Several actresses rumored to have auditioned for Batman 3.
    November 2, 2010
    by Scott Collura

Today is rumor day. First we had the Wolverine in X-Men: First Class talk, and now it's the token The Dark Knight Rises leaks and counter-leaks. Specifically, the latest word on the streets of Gotham is that Charlize Theron may be up for a part in the third Batman film.

ComicBookMovie.com has a tipster who supposedly has the inside word from one of the Hollywood talent agencies. Emphasis on the word "supposedly," but let's go with this for a minute…

"Charlize Theron, who is a client, has been approached to play a detective named Sarah Essen -- a love interest for Jim Gordon," says the source. "Actresses Kacie Thomas and Vera Farmiga have auditioned for the character role of Julie Madison. A love interest for Bruce Wayne."

Bat-history tells us that Sarah Essen first showed up as a Gordon home-wrecker in the awesome Batman: Year One, which of course was one of Christopher Nolan's inspirations for his first two films in the series. Eventually she married Gordon, only to get offed by the Joker.

Julie Madison debuted back in 1939, serving as romantic companion to Bruce Wayne and frequent target of Batman's enemies. She also had some run-ins with the original Clayface, which should add fuel to the villain rumor fire some.

So, again, this is all very much rumor but still food for thought on a slow news day. It also raises the question: What does a Batman movie need with a Jim Gordon or Bruce Wayne love interest anyway? Stick to one or the other, maybe, but both? Will we even get to see the batsuit before the end of the first act?

Country
    Country Flag

Wait, when did Gordon's wife get murdered? Was this only in the comics?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

She didn't die, she's still alive at the end of TDK. Christ I hope this rumor is false, this is one subplot that does not need to be created/explored at all.

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, that's what I thought. Just making sure.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    She didn't die, she's still alive at the end of TDK. Christ I hope this rumor is false, this is one subplot that does not need to be created/explored at all.
    Well, whether it's true or not feev, that doesn't matter. "In Nolan We Trust." Remember?

- Melike

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I have absolutely no interest in seeing a Sarah Essen character in this film, or in any other Batman film to come. Of all the awesome story lines they could do for Gordon, this is so far down on my list I didn't even consider it. Bleh.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Plot for Dark Knight Rises Revealed?
    Which comic book arc could be the basis for Batman 3?
    November 23, 2010
    by Jim Vejvoda

The rumor mill is claiming to know which Batman comic book storyline will serve as the basis for Christopher Nolan's sequel The Dark Knight Rises.

Batman-on-Film and Entertainment Weekly point out a report that originated at ScriptFlags, which claims to have heard from a public relations source that the third Nolan-directed Bat-film will be based on the "Prey" storyline that appeared in the comic book Legends of The Dark Knight issues #11-15.

Neither BoF nor EW are saying that "Prey" will be the basis for The Dark Knight Rises; they are merely reiterating the speculative scuttlebutt that's out there online right now.

ScriptFlags reminds us that "Prey," written by Doug Moench, is set during the early days of Batman's career and "centers itself around Batman being pursued by the deranged police psychiatrist ..Doctor Hugo Strange. When a police officer Max Cort is sent to Strange for treatment for his hatred of vigilantes, Strange hypnotises Cort into becoming a costumed vigilante himself named Night Scourge in the hopes of bringing Batman out of hiding. Strange also convinces the mayor to prepare a special task force to capture Batman with Commissioner Gordon as its head." Strange eventually learns Batman's secret identity, but keeps the discovery to himself. Catwoman also appears in it.

"Prey" certainly lends itself to the world established in Nolan's previous Batman films and would be a logical story to use as a structural basis for the threequel given the ending of The Dark Knight. So for the hell of it, let's say this rumor pans out. Would Tom Hardy be playing Hugo Strange (whom he looked something like in Bronson) or perhaps the detective-turned-vigilante Cort?

It wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for Nolan and Co. to use "Prey" as the basis for their sequel. They may have drawn heavily from Batman: Year One for Batman Begins, but they also poached from less celebrated comic book stories such as "Batman: The Man Who Falls" and "Batman: Blind Justice," which introduced the character of Henri Ducard. The Dark Knight was heavily influenced by Joker's first appearance in Batman #1. It should be noted that Hugo Strange, like Joker and Catwoman, is among Batman's earliest recurring villains, first appearing in 1940 in Detective Comics #36

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally watched The Prestige tonight. I honestly don't have enough good things to say about this film. Christopher Nolan is a genius. I haven't had this much fun watching a movie since... Inception. I hate myself for even waiting this long to watch it. Talk about just freaking awesome. Michael Caine, as always, is absolutely amazing in this. He was a joy to watch. Christian Bale was also fantastic, and Hugh Jackman (who sometimes gets on my nerves) was creepily fascinating. I also really liked Scarlett Johansson, she was beautiful and enjoyable to watch. Watching the obsession ruin their own and eachother's lives was simultaneously heart wrenching and gross. I can't wait to watch it again to see the stuff I missed the first time around. I may have liked this even more than Memento, which has been a favorite of mine for years.

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, Emily! I'm so glad you liked it! It's one of my favorite movies ever and the first Nolan film I saw. I left the theater blown away and never had a movie had that big of an impact on me. The whole movie is just...amazing, but the
    Spoiler:
    meshing/reprise of the opening and closing scenes mixed with Michael Caine's closing dialogue, "You don't really want to work it out. You want to be...fooled"
    is one of the greatest things I've ever seen.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad you enjoyed it, Emily ! For an even greater appreciation of the film, rewatch it sometime in the near future so that you can pick up on small details that you might have missed the first time or are now able to pick up on now that you've taken a gander at the bigger picture.

What other Nolan films have you not seen yet ?

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely doing a rewatch soon.

The ones I haven't seen so far (that I know of) are Insomnia and Following. I think I'll most likely go with Following next, it seems to be more liked than Insomnia.

Country
    Country Flag

Following is okay for a debut film. You can definitely tell it had a small production budget, but some of the films made for the least money are the best. I think you'll enjoy it.

I have yet to see Insomnia as well. And Memento.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast