Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Christopher Nolan

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I used to be like Fernando. Now his name gives me a feeling like hearing the name of the one I loved and lost. Dunkirk looks okay.
    Odd, considering he continues to make excellent films.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's no secret that I love Nolan's films, but I have no idea whether or not Dunkirk is going to be good or not. What I do know is that the cinematography looks simply breathtaking.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to this one as well. Nolan is on a amazing stride of good flicks. It's been interesting to see how far across genre he stretches.

As long as he doesn't aproach it like John Woo did Windtalkers we are good to go.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    What I do know is that the cinematography looks simply breathtaking.
    HANDHELD IMAX!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Guys. The impossible has happened. This is the first time in the history of ever that I look at a Nolan film and thought, "Ehh".

The two Dunkirk trailers have done nothing for me.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yup, same here. Not looking forward to it. Probably the only Nolan movie that I won't see in theaters.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you guys familiar with the history of the battle of Dunkirk though? It's truly an amazing story. It's kind of hard to capture that in the trailer. I have faith in Nolan that he will be able to make a compelling film from the events of Dunkirk. It's almost impossible not to.

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would agree that the trailers don't provide much of a hook or cliff hanger. However, I believe that is tough with war movies. The battle of Dunkirk is a phenomenal and shocking bit of history and I do think/hope Nolan will do a great job.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not looking forward to this on the big screen at all. Nolan, is a great film maker and I generally LOVE his stuff, but while I think "Dunkirk" may be a story worth telling I am not anxious to see a route. That is what is was despite the many brave people that were involved. I'll wait for cable to view this. JMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

In Nolan I Trust.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'm not looking forward to this on the big screen at all. Nolan, is a great film maker and I generally LOVE his stuff, but while I think "Dunkirk" may be a story worth telling I am not anxious to see a route. That is what is was despite the many brave people that were involved. I'll wait for cable to view this. JMHO
    Cable! Look at that 65mm film! The cinematography alone makes this a must in a theater. Hell, I'm thinking IMAX is going to be amazing.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nolan should direct a romantic comedy next. Can you imagine all the twists and turns lmao.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Nolan should direct a romantic comedy next. Can you imagine all the twists and turns lmao.
    I'd watch that shit too.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    UH dude, It is shot with an IMAX Camera. You are SUPPOSED to see it on the big screen!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Guys, it looks like we underestimated Nolan. Shame on us.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dunkirk_2017

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

We?

Aww hell naw!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We?

Aww hell naw!
    concur...

Y'all

I've been faithfully looking forward to the 70mm projection of this film since i heard of it.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok my bad. Some of us dun goofed.

I'll have to eat crow with a mammoth sized fork.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok my bad. Some of us dun goofed.

I'll have to eat crow with a mammoth sized fork.
    Not so fast, it's still possible you might not like it. I've heard great things about Dunkirk, the one gripe everyone has is the fact that the film is thin on characterization. It's truly about war. I haven't seen it, but my thinking is that Nolan is trying to convey to us that all of these soldiers matter. Not just one or two. Not just the ones we are following who have a wife back home who's pregnant.

We shall see.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm also debating whether or not I should drive almost 2 hours and see this in true 70MM.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm also debating whether or not I should drive almost 2 hours and see this in true 70MM.
    So, if you would indulge me for a moment.

The theater near me that has Dunkirk in 70mm wasn't nearly as far as I thought, it's more like an hour and 15 minutes away. Regardless, my schedule just wasn't going to allow me to get down there, so I saw the film in the standard format. I really enjoyed it, but my thoughts will be for another post.

Yesterday, completely unrelated to seeing Dunkirk, my mom and sister decided to take my cousin to the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk, CT, which happens to be attached to the IMAX theater where Dunkirk is playing. I took the day off to spend it with my cousin, with no intention of staying to see Dunkirk.

Then we watched a movie about the ocean in the theater and I was floored. As soon as I entered the theater, my jaw dropped. The screen is 6 stories high and 2 school buses wide. At that moment, I made up my mind to stay and watch Dunkirk. The problem is that the showing wasn't until 7 p.m. I now had to get my mom and sister to agree to kill a few hours while I indulged myself. They were nice enough to agree to go do some shopping and get something to eat.

At 4:30, we decided to go to the gift shop. That's when the power to the entire building went out. Immediately, my heart sunk. I couldn't believe it was happening. My mom reassured me that the power would be back on by 7, so we went to get some ice cream and then went to the park. At 6:15 I went back to the theater. As soon as I entered, I could tell by the look on the employee's face that things weren't right. Sure enough, the power was still down. He told me to call back at 7, which I did. Of course, no dice.

All the stars aligned for me to be in that town with this fantastic film being played in 70mm that I wanted to see so bad and I still didn't get to see it. It just wasn't meant to be.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Go back!

Man, i wish I cold have seen the True 70mm IMAX projection.

I saw the 70mm but it was on a regular size movie screen. I will prolly rewatch the film again on the regular IMAX before it goes out of theaters.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That stinks, Mike. Sorry you missed it when you were right there.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast