Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Christopher Nolan

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, ya know what I just remembered? I never even liked fireworks.
    Even as a little boy, I was more interested in the other people watching the fireworks instead of looking at the silly fireworks themselves.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Yeah. I mean, yes. I still was a little disappointed. Hard to explain. I guess it seem a bit pretentious about just how moving it was supposed to be.
    will have to agree...
    Not that it's a bad production, by any means. Just certainly not my personal favorite.
    it's not my personal favorite either, but it definitely is my favorite Nolan to date

Hey, ya know what I just remembered? I never even liked fireworks.
    Even as a little boy, I was more interested in the other people watching the fireworks instead of looking at the silly fireworks themselves.
    I see! and I've always loved fireworks, and the older I get the more they fascinate me; I think I generally become more thankful with age; for anything, little things especially.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ... I think I generally become more thankful with age; for anything, little things especially.
    That sounds inspiring at first, but after a second seems kind of depressing.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. I mean, yes. I still was a little disappointed. Hard to explain. I guess it seem a bit pretentious about just how moving it was supposed to be.
    will have to agree...
    Not that it's a bad production, by any means. Just certainly not my personal favorite.
    it's not my personal favorite either, but it definitely is my favorite Nolan to date
    But my whole point was: I like Inception. Granted, it is perhaps rather pretentious, too, but still.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

How so?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

... I think I generally become more thankful with age; for anything, little things especially.
    That sounds inspiring at first, but after a second seems kind of depressing.
    Yes, it was supposed to.

But my whole point was: I like Inception.
    I still can't come to terms with this, so I think I block it out.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved Inception. Come at me bros.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

"I'm Gotham's reckoning ..."

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Honestly, The Dark Knight is still my favorite -- especially the ending. I know the Batman mythos has some built in foolishness, but as I think I've said before, Nolan's version seemed to get past the longstanding conventions and really bring forward the suppressed elements. I hope the next one doesn't blow it.

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    "I'm Gotham's reckoning ..."

Fuck yeah!
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

why? it's neat and slick and beautiful, it's fun to watch, it's very ingenious and altogether memorable. It's not very moving or deep, a fireworks rather than a mass, but I found it masterful and very likeable in every respect
    Plus it has David Bowie in it!
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Honestly, The Dark Knight is still my favorite -- especially the ending.
    Oh absolutely. Not only my favorite Nolan, one of my favorite films ever.

And yes, I appreciate it that much more for it's ballsy ending; it goes against everything we've learned about super hero films up to this point - the hero saving the world, getting the girl, winning over his critics etc., Genre defying indeed.

I hope the next one doesn't blow it.
    he won't.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by beam*seeker View Post
    why? it's neat and slick and beautiful, it's fun to watch, it's very ingenious and altogether memorable. It's not very moving or deep, a fireworks rather than a mass, but I found it masterful and very likeable in every respect
    Plus it has David Bowie in it!
    Okay. I admit that I was wrong. Keeping in mind that that is the case, there's no way it can be overrated.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting, but I don't know if it's enough to make me want to buy it.

Christopher Nolan Director's Collection
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

They released some new banners for The Dark Knight Rises. Check them out.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually have that first one as my facebook banner

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Interesting, but I don't know if it's enough to make me want to buy it.

Christopher Nolan Director's Collection
    I own all of his films on blu ray already, otherwise I'd be so down to get it. I wish they would release Following on blu ray though, that's the only one they haven't converted yet.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't know what would have happened if this actually happened.

Leonardo DiCaprio was sought as Riddler

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

After what I've seen from Bane, Riddler would've been boring at this point in Batman's career. I think he'd work best as a transition between freak mobsters like Black Mask and heavies like Joker and Scarecrow.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    They released some new banners for The Dark Knight Rises. Check them out.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Very, very, very Cool!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    After what I've seen from Bane, Riddler would've been boring at this point in Batman's career. I think he'd work best as a transition between freak mobsters like Black Mask and heavies like Joker and Scarecrow.
    I was fully on board with the idea of the Riddler before Bane was ever announced, but once I saw what Nolan had planned to do with the latter, I hopped on board never looked back.

Bane is unique in that he's both a formidable psychological and physical threat for Batman. He's the real deal.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nolan: The Dark Knight Rises is a Revolutionary Epic
    Director says his "war film" is the biggest epic since the silent era.
    by Jim VejvodaJune 5, 2012

"I think this is the biggest one I've done," declared The Dark Knight Rises director Christopher Nolan, adding, "The biggest one anyone's done since the silent era, in technical terms."

The Playlist uncovered some choice quotes from Nolan's recent interview with Empire about making his final Batman film."It's all about historical epics in conception. It's a war film. It's a revolutionary epic. It's looking back to the grand-scale epics of the past, really, and for me that goes as far back as silent films," said Nolan.

The filmmaker continued: "I've been watching a lot of silent films with my kids on Blu-Ray. We've shot over a third of the movie on the IMAX format, and that naturally puts you more in the mode of staging very large events for the camera. It's my attempt to get as close to making a Fritz Lang film as I could. It's also more in the mould of Doctor Zhivago, or A Tale Of Two Cities, which is a historical epic with all kinds of great storytelling taking place during the French Revolution. There's an attempt to visualise certain things in this film on this large scale that are troubling and genuinely to the idea of an American city. Or, to put it another way: revolutions and the destabilising of society have happened everywhere in the world, so why not here?"

Source.

I think this article has gotten me more excited than many of the TV spots combined. I can't fucking wait to see what's in store for us !

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Nolan: The Dark Knight Rises is a Revolutionary Epic
    Director says his "war film" is the biggest epic since the silent era.
    by Jim VejvodaJune 5, 2012

"I think this is the biggest one I've done," declared The Dark Knight Rises director Christopher Nolan, adding, "The biggest one anyone's done since the silent era, in technical terms."

The Playlist uncovered some choice quotes from Nolan's recent interview with Empire about making his final Batman film."It's all about historical epics in conception. It's a war film. It's a revolutionary epic. It's looking back to the grand-scale epics of the past, really, and for me that goes as far back as silent films," said Nolan.

The filmmaker continued: "I've been watching a lot of silent films with my kids on Blu-Ray. We've shot over a third of the movie on the IMAX format, and that naturally puts you more in the mode of staging very large events for the camera. It's my attempt to get as close to making a Fritz Lang film as I could. It's also more in the mould of Doctor Zhivago, or A Tale Of Two Cities, which is a historical epic with all kinds of great storytelling taking place during the French Revolution. There's an attempt to visualise certain things in this film on this large scale that are troubling and genuinely to the idea of an American city. Or, to put it another way: revolutions and the destabilising of society have happened everywhere in the world, so why not here?"

Source.

I think this article has gotten me more excited than many of the TV spots combined. I can't fucking wait to see what's in store for us !
    Nor I!!!!! I am anxiously awaiting this installment. They just keep getting better!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

They played some new footage during the MTV awards show a couple of days ago. Hans' score is interesting...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The music is one of my favorite aspects of Nolan's Batman films. It is it's own entity. During the 2008 DT.org Las Vegas gathering I listened to the TDK soundtrack all the way there (4 hours) and on the way back. It's honestly one of my favorite soundtracks ever.

I'm thinking of starting a TDKR thread just for discussion of that film and then merging it later after it's been out in theathers for a while. What do you guys thinks ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast