Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the next round ?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alfred Hitchcock

19 86.36%
  • Frank Capra

3 13.64%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TGDT - Round 3 - Alfred Hitchcock vs Frank Capra

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TGDT - Round 3 - Alfred Hitchcock vs Frank Capra

Alfred Hitchcock's IMDB Page
    Notable films : Vertigo, Psycho, Rear Window, North by Northwest, Rebecca

Frank Capra's IMDB Page
    Notable films: It's a Wonderful Life, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, It Happened One Night, Arsenic and Old Lace

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Reminder :

In case of a tie in the polls, the posts below will serve as the final tie breaker !

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Capra.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Hitchcock.

*Waiting for Jean's vote. :tapsfootincuriosity:*

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Jean is going to kill me when he sees this poll

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love Capra. Voted Hitchcock. No contest.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Hitchcock.

PLAGUE ON BOTH YOUR HOUSES

I refuse to vote

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    You knew? You knew!!.. what's next - Polanski vs. Kurosawa?... You monster.

oh good Lord... Hitchcock, not Capra, is one of my three favoritestest directors, but Capra - not Hitchcock - made two of my favorite movies ever (It's a Wonderful Life and Mr.Smith Goes to Washington)

what should I do?
    what should I fucking do?!!!

::bangs head against the wall::

(yes Brice, you were right... bears never specify whose head... to tell you the truth, it's feve's this time...)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Hitchcock!

Feev, I'm beginning to think you need to watch more of his films.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I plan on getting to them ... but honestly I'm not in any particular rush to do so. I like Hitchcock's films, sure, but I'm not as enamored with them as most seem to be.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ok, I haven't really watched enough of either, but I'm gonna vote with my heart on this one...

...and vote for the Brit! When in doubt, vote for the British director, that's my motto!

Spoiler:
    Nah, that's bullshit. This is just gonna be another round I'm staying the fuck away from!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I plan on getting to them ... but honestly I'm not in any particular rush to do so. I like Hitchcock's films, sure, but I'm not as enamored with them as most seem to be.
    That's because you're not watching the ones I've been recommending to you. Didn't you promise me Rear Window once upon a time....

Rebecca
    Strangers on a Train
    Shadow of a Doubt
    Lifeboat

I'll stop there, but there's so many more. With the exception of Rear Window, I definitely prefer some of his lesser known ones. Don't get me wrong I loved Psycho, The Birds, Vertigo, but they don't even compare to the ones I mentioned above (in my opinion)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Rear Window, it was brilliantly directed. I have to see a lot more of the classics. One day I will get through them. It's just no one I know besides one friend owns any and he's going to South Korea in a couple weeks. No time to go through them all lol. I showed him the list of nominations and he couldn't believe some of the names but was happy with a lot of the older directors. Judgding from how he talks, his two favourite directors are Woody Allen and Ingmar Bergman.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    That's because you're not watching the ones I've been recommending to you. Didn't you promise me Rear Window once upon a time....

Rebecca
    Strangers on a Train
    Shadow of a Doubt
    Lifeboat

I'll stop there, but there's so many more. With the exception of Rear Window, I definitely prefer some of his lesser known ones. Don't get me wrong I loved Psycho, The Birds, Vertigo, but they don't even compare to the ones I mentioned above (in my opinion)

I was actually going back and forth, then came to this great post by Heather. Went with Hitch. Rebecca and Lifeboat. Awesome.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Excellent choice Pam

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

NO!!!!!

I am not sure what to do either! These are the 2 I wanted in the finals!!!!!

i need time to process...

and cry...

Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh god. Oh god.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

As much as I adore It's a Wonderful Life, I have to go with Hitchcock.

Spoiler:
    Sorry Jean I know we share the same love for that movie

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Rebecca
    Strangers on a Train
    Shadow of a Doubt
    Lifeboat

Bears feel exactly the same.

Don't forget Spellbound... and Suspicion... and Trouble with Harry... and my personal favorite, The Lady Vanishes...

GRRRRRR I STILL HAVEN'T VOTED!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

*Bump

Let's show this poll some more lurve in the form of votes ...

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

What about The Birds?

Hitchcock hands down.

Country
    Country Flag

bears voted Capra... couldn't stand seeing him with one vote...

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Hitchcock.

PLAGUE ON BOTH YOUR HOUSES

I refuse to vote

You knew? You knew!!.. what's next - Polanski vs. Kurosawa?... You monster.

oh good Lord... Hitchcock, not Capra, is one of my three favoritestest directors, but Capra - not Hitchcock - made two of my favorite movies ever (It's a Wonderful Life and Mr.Smith Goes to Washington)

what should I do?
    what should I fucking do?!!!

::bangs head against the wall::

(yes Brice, you were right... bears never specify whose head... to tell you the truth, it's feve's this time...)
    I'll join you.

Feev-

Right now, I just can't vote. I don't know that I'll be able to at all.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

sigh... still haven't voted
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I WILL< and did Hitchcock !

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Country
    Country Flag

two lonely Capra votes... feve's and bears'...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast