Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the next round ?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Danny Boyle

12 42.86%
  • Martin Scorsese

16 57.14%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TDGT - Round 3 - Danny Boyle vs Martin Scorsese

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah. Taxi Driver is crazy.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

some more Boyle votes are needed here

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    some more Boyle votes are needed here
    I couldn't agree more, Jean.
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    ... I think you need to remember the impact these films had on you when you first saw them.
    I agree with this, which is precisely why I voted for Marty. I still remember the first time I watched Taxi Driver, Raging Bull and Goodfellas, being in the grip of their raw power and Scorsese's story telling deftness. That's probably why I count them all amongst my favorite films.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't emphasize enough how blown away I was by Taxi Driver. It completely hollowed me out. I might enjoy watching Trainspotting more, but in terms of power, Taxi Driver is pretty much unrivaled. Except by Raging Bull.

And After Hours had so much more punch than any "comedy" I've ever seen. And The Departed had so much subtext and pitch perfect scenes. And Mean Streets felt so real.

But I do love Danny Boyle.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did everyone watch the premiere of Boardwalk Empire on HBO tonight? Scorsese rocks!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

scorsese
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Martin Scorsese advances !

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hmm

hmmmmmmmm

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Yes!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2