Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 151 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    I had forgotten about the rocket launcher to be honest so it was a good surprise for me!

For the comic readers....

Spoiler:
    Do you think based on how they are moving events from the comic up in time AND the fact that there are rumors saying this is Norman's last year on the show that Daryl will be the one that Neegan kills and not Glenn?
    Spoiler:
    I actually just read about this theory. Apparently the cast was pretty shaken up when the read the script for the season finale, so something really big is going to happen.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I had forgotten about the rocket launcher to be honest so it was a good surprise for me!

For the comic readers....

Spoiler:
    Do you think based on how they are moving events from the comic up in time AND the fact that there are rumors saying this is Norman's last year on the show that Daryl will be the one that Neegan kills and not Glenn?
    Spoiler:
    What events were moved up? Seems they glossed over Carl's recovery which is fine since that will remind everyone of the solid second season everyone hated.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

Spoiler:
    What events were moved up? Seems they glossed over Carl's recovery which is fine since that will remind everyone of the solid second season everyone hated.
    Spoiler:
    In the comics the Alexandria crew doesn't meet Negans men in the road until much later...after they meet up with Jesus. In fact I think it might be after they visit the Hilltop. The same thing happens with at least one of Negan's men dying (as apposed to all of them in the show) but it was much later.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    In the comics the Alexandria crew doesn't meet Negans men in the road until much later...after they meet up with Jesus. In fact I think it might be after they visit the Hilltop. The same thing happens with at least one of Negan's men dying (as apposed to all of them in the show) but it was much later.
    Spoiler:
    i don't think that is much of an advancement. Negan's men didn't know about Alexandria and unless they had long range radios, Negan probably won't know how his men died right away let alone who killed them. I am sure they will more or less hit the same points in the same order. They'll probably meet Jesus and go to Hilltop and have another confrontation then. I don't think we'll see Negan until the very end of the season. I'd be very surprised if things would be changed too much. I think the fact they took out seven or eight of Negan's men might make Negan's infamous debut more brutal. Hopefully they build him up with characters telling stories of his brutality.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That would be cool. I really hope they make him as bad as he is in the comics. I don't want another Governor.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Spoiler:
    i don't think that is much of an advancement. Negan's men didn't know about Alexandria and unless they had long range radios, Negan probably won't know how his men died right away let alone who killed them.
    Not so sure about that...

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/mysterio...044708803.html
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It was a decent episode, but there were a lot of little things that just bugged the bejeesus out of me. For instance...
    • So the doctor who just a few episodes ago was having trouble dealing with a splinter can now all of a sudden deal with a mortal gunshot would TO THE EYE!?!? Talk about hasty character development.
    • I wouldn't entrust the priest with my leftovers, let alone my precious 1 year old daughter.
    • Much ado about nothing over that Wolf guy, right?
    • So the entire show has made a point about how you NEVER, EVER take on a hoard of zombies because even just a small group of them can be fatal if you're not paying attention.. yet the group went out and took on literally the largest zombie group they have ever faced IN THE ENTIRE SHOW and not ONE OF THEM gets bit or killed!?!?!?
    • Are we really going to do the whole "Omg is Glenn about to die" again so soon? Really?!

...but yeah other than that it was a pretty cool episode I guess.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    [*]So the entire show has made a point about how you NEVER, EVER take on a hoard of zombies because even just a small group of them can be fatal if you're not paying attention.. yet the group went out and took on literally the largest zombie group they have ever faced IN THE ENTIRE SHOW and not ONE OF THEM gets bit or killed!?!?!?
    Actually that is supposed to be a revelation for Rick/the group as well. They had all felt taking on large groups was a death sentence. Rick only did it this time because he wasn't thinking right and then they learn that actually taking on groups and managing the never ending zombies is something that is totally possible. He sees that it's not as overwhelming as they had always believed. That's basically what he told Carl in the last few minutes of the show.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah I get that but the problem now is that from here on out any time they come up against a much smaller group of zombies- and 99% of the groups they encounter will be smaller by comparison - their struggle against them will be wildly inconsistent considering what they went up against last week.

I wouldn't mind so much if Rick, in the throes of his raging despair, accidentally came up with an effective as of yet discovered way to deal with that many zombies.. but literally their whole plan was go out and swing clubs like mad men and women.

It just felt lazy, all will make future zombie struggles seem laughable.

Country
    Country Flag

Eventually the show will be more about the people left over and the threat that they are vs the zombies. If it was just constantly season after season of zombies that would get old. Them discovering that the zombies can be managed allows them to move onto the real threats that the survivors face.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

..Them discovering that the zombies can be managed allows them to move onto the real threats that the survivors face.
    Ideally, yes. But let's be honest here; the studio wants to appeal to the lowest common denominator, and what the LCD craves more than anything is excessive zombie carnage.

They don't have need or want of more credible human threats.. just neck ripping, arm biting, eye gouging zombies lol.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm ashamed to admit how much I cheered when that kid bit the dust. Good riddance.
    All life is precious.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It was a decent episode, but there were a lot of little things that just bugged the bejeesus out of me. For instance...
    • So the doctor who just a few episodes ago was having trouble dealing with a splinter can now all of a sudden deal with a mortal gunshot would TO THE EYE!?!? Talk about hasty character development.
    • I wouldn't entrust the priest with my leftovers, let alone my precious 1 year old daughter.
    • So the entire show has made a point about how you NEVER, EVER take on a hoard of zombies because even just a small group of them can be fatal if you're not paying attention.. yet the group went out and took on literally the largest zombie group they have ever faced IN THE ENTIRE SHOW and not ONE OF THEM gets bit or killed!?!?!?
    • Are we really going to do the whole "Omg is Glenn about to die" again so soon? Really?!

I thought the same thing for most of these. Especially when Rick went all Mel Gibson from The Patriot. I know he was full of rage for his son, but he could have gotten them all killed, including his young daughter. Seemed reckless and out of character. You're right, how about using some brains and out smarting these things. Do they not have MacGyver in this world?

Like you mentioned, I'm worried about walkers going forward being an afterthought. Hell, small numbers of them are a walk in the park as it is, now there is literally no reason to be afraid of them. Somewhat worrying. Again, like you said, the creators know their audience and the audience wants zombie killing action. I get it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

I see what you guys are saying but the reality is that this show is about the survivors not the zombies. At some point dealing with the undead is going to become common and easier. That is exactly what Rick is realizing. Building communities is possible...a new type of world is possible. The problem will become the other humans not the walkers. I won't go into details because I have read the comics (not that I know what they will follow and they won't) but trust me when I saw the humans become much more terrifying and way more interesting. You can only have so many seasons of Rick finding a place and that place being taken down by walkers before it's predictable and bad TV. You make good points but I think I think within another season or so you will totally see that the human stories are way more thrilling.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Spoiler:
    i don't think that is much of an advancement. Negan's men didn't know about Alexandria and unless they had long range radios, Negan probably won't know how his men died right away let alone who killed them.

Yeah there is no car.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

I thought the same thing for most of these. Especially when Rick went all Mel Gibson from The Patriot. I know he was full of rage for his son, but he could have gotten them all killed, including his young daughter. Seemed reckless and out of character. You're right, how about using some brains and out smarting these things. Do they not have MacGyver in this world?

Like you mentioned, I'm worried about walkers going forward being an afterthought. Hell, small numbers of them are a walk in the park as it is, now there is literally no reason to be afraid of them. Somewhat worrying. Again, like you said, the creators know their audience and the audience wants zombie killing action. I get it.
    Walkers were already an afterthought in season three. What I can say (now without spoilers) is what happened in episode 9 was exactly what happened in the comics (except Ron took Diana's (Douglas's) role since Jessie only had one son the comics, the younger one and he was named Ron) and is, in my opinion, THE definining moment of the comics. Pretty much everything that follows is way better than what came before. The show has been following the comics pretty closely since the fall of the prison, with many things being lifted straight out of the comics, and the changes they've made have all been for the best, minus the Glenn fakeout.

Carl's recovery dragged on a few issues in the comics, but I can see why the show would avoid an episode of two of his recovery due to people hating season two. In the comics Denise was already an accomplished surgeon. My only explanation is that her terror/anxiety held her back from being the doctor they needed, and between losing patients and being hostage and out with those walkers that she's able to be a doctor without fear. The bullet comes at an angle so his brain isn't injured...hard to tell how Carl will look in the show, but this is maybe the most famous panel in the series.

All I can say is that if the follow the main plotpoints of the comics, The Walking Dead is going to be outstanding for the next however many seasons. I love the direction the comics took and yes the zombies are less of a factor as the comics progress.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I agree with Matt and Johnny. The comics have always been about the survivors and not the zombies. Especially as the story progresses it's more about how they can survive in this new world and at some point the zombies have to become less of a threat or all humans would die. I think we will see a shift to less and less zombies as the seasons continue, but who knows. At least I hope there is, otherwise it would be the same story over and over and over. There's some good story lines coming up that I hope they include and I think viewers will be ok with less zombies as long as the story is good.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think I did a good job of explaining myself up there, but I actually agree with you guys about wanting the show to evolve into something else. What I was trying to express was my skepticism that AMC would want to shift the focus away from the zombies for a substantial amount of time. Hopefully I'm walking dead wrong. I know Negan is coming up, so that should be enough material for at least two seasons.

And I've been meaning to catch up to the comics - the last TPB I own is Vol. 15 - but time and money just have not permitted it. I'll make an honest effort to do so after the current season ends.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Correct me if I am wrong... but is not Negan in the comics for a long time AND still there today even?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong... but is not Negan in the comics for a long time AND still there today even?
    I've only read up to vol 24 which was the last paperback vol released, and at that point Negan is still alive. And he first appeared in vol 17 I believe.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Spoiler:

Yeah there is no car.
    Your Jedi mind tricks have no power over me.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Imagine if you will.

Two epic shows facing off against each other.

One, The Walking Dead. The other, Breaking Bad.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Rick Grimes vs Walter White..... LOL!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I've only read up to vol 24 which was the last paperback vol released, and at that point Negan is still alive. And he first appeared in vol 17 I believe.
    SEVEN volumes? Holy shit that's a long arc.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I need to get caught up on the comics.

Fie upon y'all who bandy spoilers about...
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    SEVEN volumes? Holy shit that's a long arc.
    Well, they're not all about him.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 151 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 ... LastLast