Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 151 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got around to watching the premiere last night ... I'd give it a good 7/10.

Things I did not like
    - Are you telling me that Dale was not able to spot a fucking horde of 200+ zombies until they were like 20 yards away?! Really ? REALLY !?!?
    - They're afraid to fire their weapons because it will attract walkers, but the automated church bells were ringing LOUDLY for Gan knows how long and not a.single.walker showed up. Inconsistency much ?

Things I liked
    - I love that the show is sticking relatively close to Rick's arc as is it plays out in the graphic novels. I can see the creators planting the seeds of Rick's eventual descent into a tough, bitter, and somewhat skeptic leader.
    - The zombie costume design is PHENOMENAL. That's definitely been revamped for the new season. I dig it.
    - I like that they decided to keep the Rick-Lori-Shane love triangle active. It adds a completely different dynamic than anything else on the show.

All in all, a fairly strong premiere and I'm definitely looking forward to next week's EP !

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I completely agree about the horde of zombies. I had to laugh at that. At least put them a little further back. And it's funny the second that scene came on my friend texted me with the same exact response And I thought the church bells would have attracted the zombies too, but it didn't even make them hesitate from rushing over there.

And DD, I thought I heard that they're splitting up season 2 into 2 parts. So maybe we'll get 2 action packed half seasons.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Did anyone else notice that the zombies were quicker and smarter this season than last season?
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Holloway View Post
    Did anyone else notice that the zombies were quicker and smarter this season than last season?
    Yep... I noticed that as well. I also thought that the CGI had declined slightly or they used it to much. I hate to complain because I love this show however it pisses me off when an untrained eye (myself) picks up on things that could be done better.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I felt the herd was done exactly right. The fact that they came out of nowhere was the point. First it was one, then two, and then a swarm all of a sudden. It's shock value, and it works (at least on my feeble mind - I'm the type of viewer that doesn't dissect things as they happen, cause I get totally immersed in the goings on and suspend all disbelief). I thought this episode was the best one yet, Cannot wait for next week. And thank God it will be 13 episodes and not just 6. A series this great should be on for a long time with tons of episodes, as it's such an interesting universe with amazing characters and great actors. I wish they get to trek all over the US, visit some interesting places (DC, New York, maybe out West?... maybe even other countries, like The Walking Dead: France for instance).

Also, this is making me want to read the original comics. I see there are seven hardcover collections out right now. How are those? Does the series follow the comics pretty much panel for panel, or are they both very different?

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Read them, Pablo! No, the series does not follow the comics panel by panel. For example, Daryl is not even a character in the comics. The Shane/Rick/Lori triangle is handled differently.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Holloway View Post
    Yep... I noticed that as well. I also thought that the CGI had declined slightly or they used it to much. I hate to complain because I love this show however it pisses me off when an untrained eye (myself) picks up on things that could be done better.
    The shot of them driving on the highway away from Atlanta was Brutal! On par with a syfy channel movie. The highest rated show in AMC history apparently won't by you a respectable leaving the city shot.
    There is a lot I didn't like in this episode, but I will say the first 20 minutes were intense regardless of how some parts didn't really make sense.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Zagazig, Pablo (and anyone else curious) .... THIS is what you should buy. Not that expensive, it's HUGE, and it's awesome. I bought one for my brother last Christmas and one for my girlfriend a month or so ago. Trust me on this. It collects volumes 1-48. You might even find one a little cheaper on eBay. "Walking Dead Compendium".

http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-C...8991659&sr=8-1

Stranger: "... the storyline itself could have been moved along at a brisker pace." I couldn't have said it better myself.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone know where i can watch this online? I'm based in the UK!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    Zagazig
    It's Zagreus, you perfidious bounder!

, Pablo (and anyone else curious) .... THIS is what you should buy. Not that expensive, it's HUGE, and it's awesome. I bought one for my brother last Christmas and one for my girlfriend a month or so ago. Trust me on this. It collects volumes 1-48. You might even find one a little cheaper on eBay. "Walking Dead Compendium".

http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Dead-C...8991659&sr=8-1
    I've actually had my eye on this one for some time. The thing is with a compendium is that they're handy to have a lot of issues in, but difficult to read from, sometimes. I speak from experience of buying the first volume of The Darkness Compendium, which I still haven't quite finished yet. Something tells me though that I'll get through the Walking Dead much quicker. I think that when I'm caught up on my 2000AD reading (which I'm far too behind on, again), I'll order myself a copy.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking at either the 12-issue hardcovers, or the bigger 24-issue hardcovers. That compendium might be handy but it's softcover, and only goes to issue 48, whereas the 12-issue hardcovers are more regular and cover a lot more of what's already been published. Not cheap at around $18 a pop, but oh well. Maybe I'll make it a Christmas gift for myself

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, that's the decision. The Compendium's nice and cheap, but a little difficult to read and a little easy to wear out. Still, I'll continue weighing my options.

Btw, I finally got a cheap dvd of season 1 today, so I should be all caught up by the end of the week. I'll probably try and keep up with season 2, but the most likely option is fail to keep track or run out of room on my computer for downloads and just wait for the dvd release anyway. That's what happened with Game of Thrones, after all (i didn't expect the bastards to hold out on the dvd release for so long, though).

- Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Single issues, 6 issue paperback, 12 issue hardcover, 24 issue hardcover, compendium ... it doesn't matter, just GET it. It's such an amazing series.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Like I said, I will get it eventually. Got a fuck load of 2000AD progs to get through first before I can even think of adding another series, but rest assured, I will most likely get around to it within 6 months.

- Melike

My Mood
    Amused

I bought the hardcovers. To keep up to date I cozied up to a coworker who reads the comics and convinced him to bring me in all of the individual issues as they come out.

Country
    Country Flag

I think I'll just go for the 12-issue hardcovers. They seem to be the best books in terms of look and content, and they come out pretty regularly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wal...collections.29

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I still get mad as shit every time I see

(spoiler from something that happens in the comic issue #6 that hasn't on the show yet))
    Spoiler:
    Shane's goddamned face on the screen without it having a bullet from Carl's gun traveling through it.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Don't worry you're not the only one. That's one thing I really wish they had kept the same from the comics. It completely changes the entire story now.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the Shane character, and I'm sure he'll eventually get killed off. But I like that he's alive BECAUSE it's not like the comics. It paves the way for the show to differ from the comics, you know? So we all stay surprised.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I'd rather see the comic I love faithfully recreated than to be surprised. If I want surprised I'll go watch something i have never read. Hollywood folk always use that as an excuse to add their own spin on stuff, but I don't think that the majority of comic fans want something different than what they read(certainly not all of the comic fans I know in person). They wanted a TV show because they loved exactly what they read so much.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

I agree. I understand the need to change some things. And I can see adding in something different here and there just so long as it sticks to the overall story of the comics. If you're going to make it so different then why not just start fresh and create a zombie show unrelated to the comics?

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Default Governor

Spoiler:
    I have a feeling he will be replaced by the brother who cut off his arm in the first season. Same concept but a with that guy. Then they'll be some sort of conflict,ect. I also think they will ditch the prison idea, although it would make AMC happy to spend less money in a small set I doubt they will do it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a good theory mikeC, I like that.

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Spoiler:
    I have a feeling he will be replaced by the brother who cut off his arm in the first season. Same concept but a with that guy. Then they'll be some sort of conflict,ect. I also think they will ditch the prison idea, although it would make AMC happy to spend less money in a small set I doubt they will do it.
    Not to mention it'll totally give him justification to

Spoiler:
    cut off Rick's hand.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent theory, Mike!

I bet that's just what will happen. And it will make things very interesting with Daryl (who is by far my favorite "change" from the comics).

Oh, and Chris:

Spoiler:
    I still think Carl will kill Shane, but they're just drawing out the tension between Shane, Rick and Lori more before they do it to have even more of an impact. I keep waiting for it. Everytime I see Rick, Carl and Shane together, I am practically holding my breath waiting for it. Actually this past episode, I thought that's what was about to happen in the woods before the deer showed up. Speaking of the deer...yay for Herschel and Co.!
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 151 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast