Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 151 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Way I see it, this is a family that can barely keep itself together let alone deftly navigate a zombie apocalypse. If they still make similar mistakes well into the apocalypse, then I'll think they're just really, really dumb.
    I get that, but closing doors when there is weird shit and riots going down seems like human nature.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    They walk out of their house and leave the door wide open. They go into the neighbor's house and leave the door wide open behind them.

They keep walking towards zombies trying to reason with them and talk to them. Their face is bloody, they're growling and clearly don't look well. Nobody in their right mind would do anything but get the hell out of their way or smash their face in. Not this family though.

Also, how do you forget the shotgun shells? You had one job!
    I disagree, the main lack of realism is the fact that EVERYONE wants to be the car when they play monopoly. Very unrealistic for this reason.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love it. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    They walk out of their house and leave the door wide open. They go into the neighbor's house and leave the door wide open behind them.

They keep walking towards zombies trying to reason with them and talk to them. Their face is bloody, they're growling and clearly don't look well. Nobody in their right mind would do anything but get the hell out of their way or smash their face in. Not this family though.

I disagree, the main lack of realism is the fact that EVERYONE wants to be the car when they play monopoly. Very unrealistic for this reason.
    I said the same thing. When she said "Tophat" I was like WHAT?!? Nobody wants to be the damn tophat.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Um, I always want to be the boat and my step-sister always wanted to be the dog....so there goes that logic
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post

I'm always the car.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched Sundays episode and was pleasantly surprised. Not a single Walker and yet... dread was all around in a odd way. Yes, you may not like the characters but I think I only liked Daryl in the start of the Walking Dead... this is what character development is my good friends There are parts you must look past, like we know where this is going but I think we will see this show catch up to the other... cross paths maybe somewhere a time or two and continue on its own. My hope for these shows is that they stay strong and know the end game. I HATE when a show does well and all of a sudden it gets drawn out. End it when it needs too... and yes that is not time soon for either but I do hope they have a plan. Looking forward to the final two and then the 90 minute start to the new season of the Walking Dead. Last episode was 87% on Rotten Tomatoes... gotta be doing something right....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I watched Sundays episode and was pleasantly surprised. Not a single Walker and yet... dread was all around in a odd way. Yes, you may not like the characters but I think I only liked Daryl in the start of the Walking Dead... this is what character development is my good friends There are parts you must look past, like we know where this is going but I think we will see this show catch up to the other... cross paths maybe somewhere a time or two and continue on its own. My hope for these shows is that they stay strong and know the end game. I HATE when a show does well and all of a sudden it gets drawn out. End it when it needs too... and yes that is not time soon for either but I do hope they have a plan. Looking forward to the final two and then the 90 minute start to the new season of the Walking Dead. Last episode was 87% on Rotten Tomatoes... gotta be doing something right....
    Not true. I was invested in Rick the moment he got out of that hospital bed. I loved Glenn as soon as he rescued Rick in that tank. Daryl was awesome right from the beginning. Shane was captivating right from the start. Merle? Forget it! I couldn't wait to see what happened with him.

I hate to say it, but they are just better actors. My favorite character by far is Daniel. He's just cool and knows what's up. The vapid daughter is just silly, the son annoys me and the dad is just blah. The mom is growing on me.

Anyway, I don't want to keep comparing this show to the original, it's not fair. I will say the last episode was very strong. I would have liked to see the world burn a little bit more before settling back into "everyday" life, but I'm sure the shit will be hitting the fan soon enough.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Not a single Walker and yet... dread was all around in a odd way.
    I mentioned that when I watched it. I believe that's the first ever episode in either show where they didn't show a single walker.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Not a single Walker and yet... dread was all around in a odd way.
    I mentioned that when I watched it. I believe that's the first ever episode in either show where they didn't show a single walker.
    Agree... I really dug it. My only complaint was skipping ahead 9 days or so... but it worked it a strange way. It also leeds me to believe that they will catch the other show mush quicker than I originally thought.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else have an issue with the male lead taking a jog during day 9 of "The Zombie Apocalypse"? You know us Californians...there is nothing stopping us from getting in our cardio for the day.

I wonder if there were folks here who did not realize the daughter was reading the neighbor's suicide note.......I felt the scene was poorly done, and probably left a lot of viewers thinking the daughter was writing the note?
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The show still suffers from poor writing and sub-par actors. It is painfully slow moving and reminds me too much of season two of the original series. Apparently the number of viewers is dropping weekly and I know a few people that have already stopped watching it. I will plug on because there is nothing else on at that time that is better.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    The show still suffers from poor writing and sub-par actors. It is painfully slow moving and reminds me too much of season two of the original series. Apparently the number of viewers is dropping weekly and I know a few people that have already stopped watching it. I will plug on because there is nothing else on at that time that is better.
    See I thought Season 2 of the Walking Dead was well done. The allure of the shows at times is that it is not all action and zombies. Can't please em all eh?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

So there are some set photos from the walking dead show. People are talking about a character that's been spotted walking around the set. I'm not gonna spoil anything for people that haven't read the comics. I'm sorry but this person to me looks more like a meth or crack addict then who they are supposed to be. To me the character should be clean and muscular and look like he has things together instead of some homeless guy with no muscles.
    For people who read the comics I'm talking about
    Spoiler:
    Jesus

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

See I thought Season 2 of the Walking Dead was well done. The allure of the shows at times is that it is not all action and zombies. Can't please em all eh?
    I agree. I loved Season 2. I fine with slow builds if there is a great payoff and Season 2 had two of them, unlike Season 3 which was had a lot more action episode to episode but neither finale had a satisfying payoff.

I really loved this episode. I hope we don't see another walker next episode, either. It will make the 'safe'zone collapsing all the more spectacular.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think one of my biggest issues is that none of the characters are likable. I actually don't care if any of them die.

Country
    Country Flag

I think one of my biggest issues is that none of the characters are likable. I actually don't care if any of them die.
    I am starting to really like the son. I think he will become a favorite as he gets out of this drug stuff. I like the father/husband too that owned the shop they were in. I am starting to like all the characters actually more and more. Hopefully they will continue to grow on me.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't see what character likeability has to do with anything. You don't need to like a character for them to be a good character. All the characters are growing on me. I think this show will get a jump on characters before Walking Dead did as all people did waw complain in the second season that they hated Lori, Dale, Andrea, Shane, Carl....I don't think FTWD will have that kind of cast hatred after its second season.

Looking forward to the finale.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't see what character likeability has to do with anything.
    Because if I don't like any of the characters then I don't care what happens to them. I have zero interest in whether or not they survive. A large part of me would like to see this area wiped out and have them start with new people in a different area next season.

It's good to have some unlikable people but it's also a plus to have a few people you would root for.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't see what character likeability has to do with anything. You don't need to like a character for them to be a good character. All the characters are growing on me. I think this show will get a jump on characters before Walking Dead did as all people did waw complain in the second season that they hated Lori, Dale, Andrea, Shane, Carl....I don't think FTWD will have that kind of cast hatred after its second season.

Looking forward to the finale.
    Agree with you 100%.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't see what character likeability has to do with anything.
    Because if I don't like any of the characters then I don't care what happens to them. I have zero interest in whether or not they survive. A large part of me would like to see this area wiped out and have them start with new people in a different area next season.
    Just because you don't like the characters doesn't mean they aren't likeable to others. Someone could feel the exact opposite and like all the characters. It is by no means any sort of metric to judge a show on. I wouldn't say I like many of the characters, but I don't hate any of them. These characters are probably going to change so much that I'm not even caring about how much I like them now since I may love who they become because of who they are now. Even in terms of the show it is all pretty neutral...no real villain or true protagonist, so it will be interesting to see how their relationships and hierarchy changes over time.

Country
    Country Flag

I hope that I did not across as thinking that everyone should like what I like. I am sure there are plenty of people that like this show and actually connect with the characters. The issue for me is that I don't. I feel the story is slow and not well written and I think I could overlook that if I really connected on some level with the people but I don't. There are lots of things I like that most people don't so I don't think this is a one size fits all thing. If they cancelled this show I would walk away with no sadness but I will also continue watching as long as it's on because any zombie show is generally better than no zombie shows. Hell...I watch Z Nation and that show is a complete train wreck of problems.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, Z Nation is awful. So awful. The biggest problem it had was how it made a point to say 'we're not taking this seriously' then about halfway through the first season tried to take itself seriously and the show just didn't have the chops for it. People were flipping their lid when it was announced a season two was coming down the pipe. People actually said it's better than Walking Dead and has much better characters....personal opinion or not, some things just aren't true lol

Country
    Country Flag

People actually said it's better than Walking Dead and has much better characters....personal opinion or not, some things just aren't true lol
    Let's give them some credit.....maybe they were really drunk when they made this claim.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really like the barber and the African American guy that was introduced last episode. He seems pretty cool. The rest of the cast is pretty one dimensional.

The daughter has had zero character development other than the fact that she has (had) a boyfriend. The son has had very little character development other than the fact he's a junkie. The mother is... is a mother. That's pretty much all we've gotten from her so far. As for the father, there's even less. He might be the most boring character on TV. I did get a hint of something interesting after he got out of the car after he and his wife were having sex. I saw a massive tattoo on his hip/stomach. That's something at least, hopefully we learn more about that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 151 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast