Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 151 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I really liked episode 2! It is deff one of my fav new shows. I like that it is not all zombies but rather the doom and gloom of what will shape up to be the end of the world. Another strong episode. This will only get better.
    I guess the problem for me is that there are so many other movies, TV shows and Video Games that have done it better. It's hard for me to be impressed with the way Fear the Walking Dead is depicting how the world can devolve into chaos when a game like The Last of Us did it ten times better.

Also, the best way to keep your daughter from going outside where dead people are eating other people IS FOR YOU TO TELL HER NOT TO GO OUTSIDE BECAUSE DEAD PEOPLE ARE EATING OTHER PEOPLE!! What's the big secret?
    A video game? LOL No offense but I do not play video games so I am unable to compare and to be honest why you would compare it to a video game is beyond me....
    Video games have come a long way since Donkey Kong and Pac-Man. They can tell some pretty amazing stories with some beautiful graphics. There are cut scenes between the gameplay that tell the story.

Sometimes you really fall in love with the characters. Dead Red Redemption is one game that I truly felt sad when I finally got to the end and found out what happened to the main character.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

In fact, there is a series of Youtube videos that puts all the scenes of The Last of Us together to make it look more like a movie.

Here's part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRqn...EwKo1z-iiMSXYg
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    In fact, there is a series of Youtube videos that puts all the scenes of The Last of Us together to make it look more like a movie.

Here's part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRqn...EwKo1z-iiMSXYg
    Ill watch it Thanks!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I really liked episode 2! It is deff one of my fav new shows. I like that it is not all zombies but rather the doom and gloom of what will shape up to be the end of the world. Another strong episode. This will only get better.
    I guess the problem for me is that there are so many other movies, TV shows and Video Games that have done it better. It's hard for me to be impressed with the way Fear the Walking Dead is depicting how the world can devolve into chaos when a game like The Last of Us did it ten times better.

Also, the best way to keep your daughter from going outside where dead people are eating other people IS FOR YOU TO TELL HER NOT TO GO OUTSIDE BECAUSE DEAD PEOPLE ARE EATING OTHER PEOPLE!! What's the big secret?
    The mother hasn't seen Dead People eating anyone Last of Us did it well but that was a very small portion of the game. Less time than an episode of this, I think. It's not quite the same thing as stretching it out for 6 plus episodes. Last of Us was more set you up with normalcy then throw you into extreme panic with the outbreak in full swing. The outbreak here is barely getting started.

I loved the second episode of Fear The Walking Dead. I can only assume the daughter will be forced to kill her zombie boyfriend, which means only Travis has yet to kill a zombie version of someone close to him...whose it going to be, his son or his ex wife?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The mother hasn't seen Dead People eating anyone
    Technically no, but she's been up close and witnessed the death of two of the walkers already. Why is she keeping her daughter in the dark as to what appears to be happening? They should have told her what is going to eventually happen to her boyfriend when they were trying to get her to leave.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I couldn't even make it through the first episode.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A video game? LOL No offense but I do not play video games so I am unable to compare and to be honest why you would compare it to a video game is beyond me....
    I love you Web, but this is one of the most ignorant statements I've read on this site in a long time. If you played The Last of Us (and many games today) you would realize that many of the stories and characters are on par, or in many cases, out class most of what you see on TV or the movies. Go on YouTube and type in "The Last of Us Open" and I defy you not to change your tune.

EDIT: Or just watch what Code linked.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

If anything, Games are taking the forefront of the spotlight of the entertainment industry. They certainly make more money than film.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love you Web, but this is one of the most ignorant statements I've read on this site in a long time. If you played The Last of Us (and many games today) you would realize that many of the stories and characters are on par, or in many cases, out class most of what you see on TV or the movies. Go on YouTube and type in "The Last of Us Open" and I defy you not to change your tune.

EDIT: Or just watch what Code linked.
    Yeah I am going to watch it. I do not play games... so that is ignorant on my part. My bad... will report back!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That may be true in some aspects but I will tell you they provide zero entertainment value for me. I find the story lines and the portrayal of the story lines boring. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    If anything, Games are taking the forefront of the spotlight of the entertainment industry. They certainly make more money than film.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    That may be true in some aspects but I will tell you they provide zero entertainment value for me. I find the story lines and the portrayal of the story lines boring. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Depends what you're playing. There are a lot of shit games out there just like there are a lot of shit movies out there.

Country
    Country Flag

Sort guys... Just couldn't get into a game. Not my thing and I tried... Still think the Walkinmg Dead shows are farrrrr better. I tried!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Sort guys... Just couldn't get into a game. Not my thing and I tried... Still think the Walkinmg Dead shows are farrrrr better. I tried!
    You'd probably love the Walking Dead games from Telltale which you can get on mobile devices. Point and click but tells a great story and the decisions you make effect who lives, who dies, who likes you, who hates you and a bunch more.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My thing is I typically do not care for graphics, animation, etc...I like to see real people displaying the full range of expressions, movements, and language that convey humanity. There have been very few animated/generated items that I've cared for. I used to enjoy games as games but never cared about the story as it was only about the challenge of the game for me.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

How far into the video did you get? You can't tell me that wasn't some good stuff when the guy smashes through the glass door and the whole car ride. Movies, books, TV and Video Games are interchangeable for me. I can't imagine not having one of those mediums in my life.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow... little Beth Green (Emily Kinney) did a nude scene on last night's episode of The Masters of Sex......
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Wow... little Beth Green (Emily Kinney) did a nude scene on last night's episode of The Masters of Sex......
    She has such a youthful innocence to her. I was surprised to learn that she's like 30.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Walking Dead game from Telltale is astounding. One of the best games ever made and I'm hoping Clementine will one day appear in the show.

Meanwhile:

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Fear The Walking Dead is improving with each episode. That's a great sign. It's got a good slow burn to it.

The cast page on imdb is interesting. Spoilers?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3743822/combined

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Fear The Walking Dead is improving with each episode. That's a great sign. It's got a good slow burn to it.

Agreed. I still don't really like any of the characters for some reason.

Country
    Country Flag

I liked this episode. I thought it added some more realism but I am glad they did not drag the house or stuck in the shop part out. LOVED the start when the kid was looking out and the walker looked in. This just keeps getting better... and for not liking the characters... I worry that perhaps that is because people love the Walking Dead ones so much as they are "comfortable" or "use" to them. Give it time as that may change
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Way I see it. They're supposed to be a sort of typical family, and most typical families would be agonizing to watch for entertainment lol. At least Madison has some of the right ideas. I'm just looking forward to seeing how this family changes.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed. I still don't really like any of the characters for some reason.
    I agree...I have no concern for any of them as they keep acting stupid.

The daughter with the headphones constantly on....the father "not liking guns" after he has seen several zombies, the mother failing to reveal to her daughter what she has seen.... The family leaving and not leaving a note on the door for the neighbor's husband. The two neighbors taking out the trash and not saying a word to each other....etc....etc.

The Ruben Blades character is the only one I sort of like.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They walk out of their house and leave the door wide open. They go into the neighbor's house and leave the door wide open behind them.

They keep walking towards zombies trying to reason with them and talk to them. Their face is bloody, they're growling and clearly don't look well. Nobody in their right mind would do anything but get the hell out of their way or smash their face in. Not this family though.

Also, how do you forget the shotgun shells? You had one job!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Way I see it, this is a family that can barely keep itself together let alone deftly navigate a zombie apocalypse. If they still make similar mistakes well into the apocalypse, then I'll think they're just really, really dumb.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 151 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 ... LastLast