Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 151 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    So what your saying is... your done with the show cause it is unbelievable?
    I see what you are doing there.

No, I am not done with it (although if it doesn't pick up in an episode or two I might). I already watch a ton of TV and I don't need to watch this just because it has "Walking Dead" in the title. I just feel that it was extremely lazy writing and it feels like they think viewers of the original series are just automatic watchers regardless.
    HEHE... well I for one am PUMPED for next week. I like the slower take and the real feel of what the world is like as it starts. I think it will only get better and better. Hope you dont give up!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So what your saying is... your done with the show cause it is unbelievable?
    I see what you are doing there.

No, I am not done with it (although if it doesn't pick up in an episode or two I might). I already watch a ton of TV and I don't need to watch this just because it has "Walking Dead" in the title. I just feel that it was extremely lazy writing and it feels like they think viewers of the original series are just automatic watchers regardless.
    Ironically, most of the mainstream audience of The Walking Dead might not like Fear. Many of those viewers only want non-stop zombie killing action, which they aren't going to get in this show, at least not as much as The Walking Dead.

Also, the first season is only 6 episodes. Not a very large time commitment.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The premiere had that attack in public that went viral and enough people saw it to take their kids out of school, so I don't get what you're talking about. Are you just upset that it hadn't already happened before the premiere, or that the premiere didn't include the absolute panic of the disease being more widespread? They already announced that end of the first six episodes, the world would be more or less normal looking, so I'm not sure what you were expecting. Even if people know about what is happening, they won't know what is happening, and even then, it's not going to spread into an absolute pandemic in 24 or 48 hours. The bath salts thing was one incident that was in public in broad daylight. A hundred incidents like that could have happened prior behind closed doors and we never heard about it, right? Can you prove there wasn't a thousand such incidents before it happened? No, you can't, because they weren't documented and filmed. And even if information was leaked, without video proof it would dismissed as a conspiracy theory.

And in Jenner in the CDC says it had been about 200 days since Wildfire had been declared and 60 days since the outbreak went global: this would infer that the government and the CDC knew about the zombie threat beforehand, for about 4-5 months, and would have worked quite diligently at suppressing and controlling any information that gets out while working on a cure, and of course, when the outbreak becomes rampant, it is impossible for them to control information and it gets out there finally. This would explain why the student with the knife said what he said, since he'd probably been following what were essentially conspiracy theorists on the internet for who knows how long.

What we're basically seeing is the day one or two of that 60 days when the outbreak went global, and Rick waking up about 3 weeks after this outbreak, shows you how quickly it will spread. Expect these first six episodes to barely cover two weeks. I imagine it will cover only the first week or so of the outbreak, and save the absolutely destruction of society for the much longer season two
    I get what they are trying to do but it still makes no sense. All it takes is one single zombie attack. Someone getting attacked on video and shared in an isolated occurrence makes no sense. There would be many attacks happening and it would be all over the place. Not viral videos but news on CNN. Not only would the zombies be making more zombies but the regular people dying are infected too. Such is the case with the drug dealer kid. I have to assume that the drug kid was in the hospital for more than one day. It appeared to be about 3. That means that the female zombie never left or got seen in that time. Never attacked a human and never made more zombies. That is just a ridiculous premise. When he left that church he was out in public immediately. It was not an isolated church. But even though there are videos and rumors and people talking no one has seen any zombies in LA and no news source is talking about the attacks. Even assuming it is drugs and not zombies it would still be reported. And numerous places all over the country would be reporting it. Again I am going on the assumption that about 3 days has attacked since the church attack. Knowing that zombies are already showing up it is unrealistic to assume that it would not be more widespread or being talked about on the new within 3 days. Their attempt to make it go that slow is illogical.
    You're assuming that everyone who died became zombies at the same time. The fact that over 5 months passed between the first zombie sighting, which initiated project Wildfire at the CDC, and what we're seeing now, proves that people who became zombies were far more sporadic and spread out. If every single person who died in that 5 month period, before the outbreak went global, became a zombie, it wouldn't have taken five months to go global. This is the logic of the show and the timeline they have given us. To say the logic of their world makes no sense because it isn't our world is besides the point. Whatever zombies came to be before the global outbreak were obviously contained and the information suppressed, as the government wouldn't want an entire country panicking. The premiere made it clear people were talking about viruses and enough people, like that kid in school, were already convinced the world was coming to an end even without having seen anything yet. Whatever caused the zombification of people was not globally active in the 5 months between the initiation of Wildfire and the outbreak. At an average of around 6,000 deaths per day in the United States, that would mean in between the first zombie sighting and the outbreak there would have been over a million walkers before this show started (not counting those who are infected by walkers), but there wasn't, so obviously whatever truly triggered the outbreak had not been triggered then, since we don't know and we will never know the trigger of the outbreak, just take it at face value because you will never get the answer.

In the Walking Dead from mass outbreak (before Rick went into his coma), until he woke up, which is about a month, the world entirely changed. I'd say that's pretty damn quick.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Fear the Walking Dead is just awful.

The title is awful.

The acting is awful.

The writing is awful.

My hope for episode #2 is that they all get eaten.

As a reviewer on NPR commented...."a thin veneer of the original"
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

The title is awful.

The acting is awful.

The writing is awful.

hahahahahahaha your crazy. You do not know a good show... at all.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The title is awful.

The acting is awful.

The writing is awful.

hahahahahahaha your crazy. You do not know a good show... at all.
    I think we have to wait and see on both fronts before we go and call the show awful or good. Right now, for me, it's neither of those things. Time will tell.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

The title is awful.

The acting is awful.

The writing is awful.

hahahahahahaha your you're crazy. You do not know a good show... at all.
    I like the original series quite a bit...one of the top five shows I want to watch....but this one is a stinker as of right now.

I just don't care about any of the characters....the three kids are a-holes, and the mom and dad are not particularly likable.

The little stunt they pulled with making you think the Principal had turned was so obvious.

That said, I will keep watching (only five episodes left, and nothing better to watch at that time) for now.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Show sucks. One hour of boring people doing boring things.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Now, that made me laugh!

Blunt and to the point.

And I agree.

If only they had a ten minute segement where the male lead balanced his checkbook......now that would have spiced things up.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

^^ Haha. I really feel the same way.

I really get what everyone is trying to say to me. And I also understand that the show wants me to buy into what you are saying. I believe that it IS possible to sell that theory but this show just didn't do it. The writing is just super sloppy and doesn't make sense. Again, the zombie sitting in the church for 2-3 days just does not cohere to anything that the show has already established. These zombies are supposed to be more aggressive and slightly quicker than the ones in the Walking Dead series because the rotting of the bodies is supposed to weaken them and slow them down. There is no way based on what they already laid out that the zombie would have stayed in the church and not attacked anyone else. It's just a stupid idea to try to sell to me.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is my problem with the whole rotting bodies theory......if that were the case, the living would just have to wait until the dead rotted away.....but at least two years into the ZA, they're still going strong.

I remember when The Governor was brushing his daughter's hair and a piece of scalp ripped off and I thought, well, if she truly is rotting, the stink would be unfathomable...and before long, her arms and legs would be falling off.

Sure, there are new zombies made all of the time, but assuming 90+% of the population is dead, then the numbers of walkers would be dropping pretty fast everyday one would think.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

Why can't you all enjoy the show did the fun that it is? Haha love the debate on how to make "it seem real". Lol can't wait for the new Fear!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm letting "Tivo" do the work for now and checking in on all your thoughts before I start watching this show. That way when it's time I can just binge watch on it. When is the original show due back BTW?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

October. Fear the Waking Dead is a 6 episode run and probably ends right as the original show starts.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Fear the Walking Dead ends on October 4th. A week later on October 11th, The Walking Dead returns.

Country
    Country Flag

This week was way bette than last week. I am not sold yet but at least it is getting better and not worse. I also realize I was wrong on my time spectrum for the last episode. It looks like that kid was probably only in the hospital for a few hours not days.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think this show is pretty good. Its obvious that if you are looking for wall-to-wall zombie action this show isn't going to be for you. I like the build-up and I am already more interested in this than The Strain (granted I am a couple episodes behind.)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

So I finally decided I should catch up on the original show. My wife and daughters have seen them all and I've caught bits and pieces of it but never sat down to watch the whole thing from the beginning.

I guess I've spoiled myself slightly in the fact that I know which characters are still around and which ones aren't, but I'm ok with that.

I got through the first two seasons and 3/4 of the 3rd season over the weekend. I've got another month to finish it up.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm enjoying Fear so far and think it will play nicely off of the original.

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I think this show is pretty good. Its obvious that if you are looking for wall-to-wall zombie action this show isn't going to be for you. I like the build-up and I am already more interested in this than The Strain (granted I am a couple episodes behind.)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The whole riot thing didn't do it for me. It just kind of feels like they are trying to capitalize on current events. Plus, the whole scene could have been taken from any show that has to do with the L.A. riots. It really didn't have a whole lot to do with zombies.

Also, Tobias needs to find a better knife.

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked episode 2! It is deff one of my fav new shows. I like that it is not all zombies but rather the doom and gloom of what will shape up to be the end of the world. Another strong episode. This will only get better.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

This week was way better than last week. I am not sold yet but at least it is getting better and not worse. I also realize I was wrong on my time spectrum for the last episode. It looks like that kid was probably only in the hospital for a few hours not days.
    I would give it "better"......but not "way better".

Man I hate those three kids..........they need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I am not one of those peole that needs a lot of zombie action...in fact, I would be OK with the occasional episode that does not even have any zombie interaction at all. Sometimes I feel like the writers on TWDTOS (The Walking Dead The Original Series) have this obligation to put one zombie battle into every episode....and it feels a little forced sometimes.

The Strain is much better than FTWD.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Country
    Country Flag

Man I hate those three kids..........they need to go.
    We were referring to the sister as the new Carl.

The Strain is much better.
    Eh....I don't know how I feel about the Strain. This season is better than last season. But man...talk about kids that have to go!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I really liked episode 2! It is deff one of my fav new shows. I like that it is not all zombies but rather the doom and gloom of what will shape up to be the end of the world. Another strong episode. This will only get better.
    I guess the problem for me is that there are so many other movies, TV shows and Video Games that have done it better. It's hard for me to be impressed with the way Fear the Walking Dead is depicting how the world can devolve into chaos when a game like The Last of Us did it ten times better.

Also, the best way to keep your daughter from going outside where dead people are eating other people IS FOR YOU TO TELL HER NOT TO GO OUTSIDE BECAUSE DEAD PEOPLE ARE EATING OTHER PEOPLE!! What's the big secret?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I guess the problem for me is that there are so many other movies, TV shows and Video Games that have done it better. It's hard for me to be impressed with the way Fear the Walking Dead is depicting how the world can devolve into chaos when a game like The Last of Us did it ten times better.

Also, the best way to keep your daughter from going outside where dead people are eating other people IS FOR YOU TO TELL HER NOT TO GO OUTSIDE BECAUSE DEAD PEOPLE ARE EATING OTHER PEOPLE!! What's the big secret?
    A video game? LOL No offense but I do not play video games so I am unable to compare and to be honest why you would compare it to a video game is beyond me....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 151 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 130 ... LastLast